TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 01, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dancing With The Stars Season 31: Archive through November 01, 2022 users admin

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, September 27, 2022 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, I was happy that Teresa is gone. I was able to resume watching later. But FF is always just black when watching the same night. I tried out watching last weeks ep, and I can FF and see the show. So it's an overload of their system. Next week instead of rewind I'll try to pause. Or not try anything at all lest I be kicked out and not able to get back in!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, September 28, 2022 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
The thing I like about Disney+ that I have not seen on other streaming services, is DWTS is available one hour after its shown. I get peeved that I am paying for channel or streaming service and I still have to wait a day or 3 or 4 even to see the show

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, September 28, 2022 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Wow, which pay apps and shows make you wait 3-4 days?
Yes, it is nice that the show is available about 15 minutes after it airs.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, September 28, 2022 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Peacock is one. But even the fact that you pay for for your channels with cable and you have to wait OnDemand. Fox also let's you watch same night.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, September 29, 2022 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We have Hulu Live. We routinely record live shows (like the news) and wait a bit to start watching (15-20 mins if it's an hour show), so we can skip the commercials. We've gotten so that we wait till the next day to watch most things, when the commercial-free versions are available. We used to be able to watch just about everything on Hulu, but now we have to go to Paramount+ (anything CBS) or Peacock (for NBC). I love not having to FF through the commercials and just have them already taken out!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, September 29, 2022 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Oh yes, I was always annoyed it I forgot to record something and then it wasn't available on demand until the next day. It is very nice when it's available very soon after streaming.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, October 04, 2022 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm actually enjoying this season -- except for Tyra. She was back to her ridiculous costumes and stomping out at the beginning of the show like she thinks she's still a runway model. It's just not working for you, honey. Stop! Also she makes Alphonso look like a muppet when she stands next to him. Hubby says the people who dress her must hate her, cause she always looks awful. I also notice that when she starts yammering, they take the camera off her and show someone else.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, October 05, 2022 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Tyra's outfit was ugly. Rhinestone trench coat with lateral fishtails? Belt looked like a WWE championship belt. Until she took her coat off, was wondering if she had her nightgown underneath lol. But gotta hand it to her. She figured out a way to have a costume change on a live show. Layers lol

Thank God the rest of the show is great. Including the costumes of the rest of the cast. They must have gotten their stylist and their budget (from her wardrobe changes) back

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 06, 2022 - 12:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I am doing quite well not watching and get the results on the 11pm news on ABC .. So Cheryl Ladd is out..

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, October 06, 2022 - 7:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I think I will probably watch this show delayed. At least through the comcast app, if you don't watch it live, you can't get it to stream until the show is over. So, it may turn into a weekend viewing for me as I do enjoy the dancing. And then, hopefully by the weekend most people have watched and the FF will work better.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, October 06, 2022 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We have been watching through the Disney+ app on our smart TV and haven't had any problems.

Sincebb1, hubby said when she was wearing that fugly trench coat, he kept expecting her to say, "Oh, just one more thing . . ." aka Columbo (he's a big fan). It did make her look huge.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, October 06, 2022 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Lol Babyjax. I think the trench coat with rhinestones could have been okay had it been like a coat-dress? Ending right below the knee... with the regular belt tied in back to pull it in at the waist. And I don't know if not buttoning the bottom button around the hips was a fashion statement or because it didn't quite reach LOL

Brenda I also have had no problems watching the show delayed and fast forwarding or hitting replay. I'm not sure how you watch Disney+ through your Comcast app, I have Spectrum. But can you download the Disney+ app separately and use that? That might make a difference?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, October 06, 2022 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I am loving it, love no commercials.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, October 06, 2022 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Maybe i need to try through the firestick. My main big tv is not a smart tv. ::-(

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, October 07, 2022 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Brenda, we watch everything through our Amazon Fire Stick, even though we have a smart TV. We were having some kind of a connection problem (with the Smart TV), but I don't remember what it was. We've been using the Fire Stick for a couple of years. We use the FS on all three of our TVs.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, October 07, 2022 - 4:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yes, even though our main tv is Smart TV we use Roku. Really any HDMI stick will do the trick. I only used to use the Roku for the streaming services that have spotty connection on our Sony TV. But have found it to have a better connection in general than the MOCA WiFi.

Brenda try using a Roku or Amazon etc. stick...see if you like it. You can always return it if you see no improvement.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, October 09, 2022 - 5:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Thanks, I will try the firestick. I already have one as you used to need it to Disney + and Amazon Prime through comcast. Now comcast added the apps, but maybe they just don't work that well.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, October 09, 2022 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Don't forget to update both the TV and Firestick.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, October 10, 2022 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Well, there's a team I like playing football tonight, plus Bach in Paradise, so this show will move to Tuesday for me this week. I don't vote anyways.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 11, 2022 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
...,...............................Cheryl Burke and partner eliminated on Disney night. Per our 11pm news.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, October 11, 2022 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Ugh. I should have known better. I just came here to complain that we weren't able to watch DWTS last night, cause when we went to Disney+, it just wasn't there. Last week's episode was there, but not last night's. Went back later in the evening and it was there, but by that time it was too late to start. We'll watch it tonight.

But now I know who was eliminated, I'll have to keep that secret from DH.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, October 11, 2022 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I think they are way to hard on Trevor!They overscore others. And that youtube girl had a mess up in her dance and they all said it was perfect ugh!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, November 01, 2022 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I cannot watch this and am afraid to spoil anyone, though since I watch ABC channel 7 news from Los Angeles every night at 11 (or record it at least) they cover results pretty thoroughly. Sounds like the couple with the highest scores then dropped to tied for 4th after some group dances and
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Jordin Sparks
went home over the other bottom two person.

It was Halloween night so there were definite costumes.

At the top was the drag queen.

Next week two couples will be out.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, November 01, 2022 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
it is complete bs that the judges chose to save the mom!! I think they want her and her daughter as final 2 bleck!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, November 01, 2022 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I wondered about that, Pamy. No idea who they are and don't care, but I just sensed that from the reports I've seen.