TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 05, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: The Challenge: MTV Challenge - Ride or Die: Archive through November 05, 2022 users admin

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, October 26, 2022 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Ok, hope I did it right. Tonight next episode of MTV Ride Or Dies.

Last episode Nany sent Turbo home. Just as well...some humongous fight was avoided, I'm sure. Too bad for Tamara, she seemed to be a solid competitor. I'm sure she will be asked to return.

Tory and Jordan broke up. HE broke up with her after he proposed on The Challenge. She spiraled. She finally found her footing and has been on antidepressants. And who shows up? Jordan...that's going to be interesting. They fought when they got along lol

Kaycee who got covid and got pulled from the show, again…all of a sudden reappears with her brother. They couldn't pass up having Nany and Kaycee on the same season since they have been dating since last season. Plus Kaycee is reigning champ and a great competitor.

Nam/Emmy and Olivia/Horatio were brought on as alternate teams. Nam boomeranged out but Olivia and Horatio proved to be a great Rookie-Rookie team. Olivia was one of the few girls to successfully complete the jump to the platform. There is another Rookie-Rookie team that started off with a bang. Johnny and Raven won the first

Poor Nam he just can't catch a break. He either gets removed because of injury or his partner quits...or both. His team was brought on specifically to replace Kaycees team. Turns out he was just keeping her place warm for her.

Fessy is Fessy...out on the hookup prowl again. Love that Laurel is back. Devin makes me laugh and for the first time is team Bananas, after seasons of controversy between the two.

I think this season is going to be good. However, Challenge Gods…please, someday, may we please have a season with CT, Wes, Bananas all together? Quick, because everyone is getting old Lol

Shout out to Annesa 41 and Veronica 44!!! Bring back all the over 40 beasts for a unforgettable season. Mark Long is 51! They did have a reunion season of The Challenge, but most of them were just old. Not Challenge beasts.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, October 26, 2022 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That is awesome, Sincebb1!

After thinking about it though, I think we’ll create a folder for The Challenge shows and move this thread and the old one into that folder so The Challenge threads can all stay together.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, October 26, 2022 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Great idea! Thanks Jimmer!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, October 26, 2022 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Sincebb1, I renamed this one "Ride or Die", so each season can have its own thread. Hope that's okay?!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, October 26, 2022 - 6:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Thats fine...I don't even know if anyone is watching lol But can you put back the "MTV?" So as to distinguish from the CBS one? TIA

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, October 26, 2022 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, October 27, 2022 - 4:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I love this thread!!!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 27, 2022 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I fell asleep during much of last night's episode, but I'm okay with who left.

Horacio is a beast!!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, October 27, 2022 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I got to say, Jordan and Anessa together as ride or dies, was perplexing to me. I sat there for a few minutes and thought.. didn't they kind of hate each other? The only thing they had in common was Tori and that they were both Vets. Everyone else had the same reaction. The only picture they could find of them hugging each other was at a meet and greet LOL One comment : "the only reason that Jordan would come back was to get Tori's attention because you don't come back to the challenge with intent to win when Anessa is your partner". Ouch, yes but mostly valid.

Apparently everything started going crazy when the cast left for Argentina and production was shut down just 4 days later due to covid exposure. The whole cast had just come out of pre-production routine quarantine then had to go back in again.

When they came back James did not return. James was supposed to be paired with Annesa. Jordan was originally supposed to appear with Nia as a twist. I can't even wrap my head around that one. In any case, that's how Jordan and Aneesa ended up together.

Loved that they showed Faysal (the competitor formerly known as Fessy) at what he does best…lol

The Daily Challenge showed that some of the Rookies are pretty amazing. I am sure many of them are going to be asked to return…minus Tommy maybe

Johnny was just stupid returning with a girl whose only history together is a hookup. Ravyn thinks this is a sign he wants to have a relationship with her. But he decides he wants to seal the deal with Nurys. This does nothing for their team morale and drives a definite wedge between them. Hope the hookup was worth a million $$$. At least Faysal didn't let his anatomy get in the way of his gameplay…least not yet.

I loved the new variation on Hall Brawl…Double Decker. It eliminates much of the potential injury to the players but still focuses on brute strength.. and allows for a little more strategy than "aim low". I noticed that Johnny was bracing himself with his feet on the sides of the walls and using it as leverage.

Olivia's one second advantage was wasted, she just stood there stunned, after the door opened. But it didn't matter much because Olivia knocked Raven out of her shoes. Literally. Twice! Lol. The third time Olivia shot out of her glass enclosed cubicle like a cannonball. Knocking Ravyn back with her shoes on…because I don't think Ravyns feet made contact with the ground enough to lose them. Horatio is also a force to be reckoned with. Clearly is a nice guy with a lot of heart. Ravyn and Johnny were a powerhouse team, sad to see them go so early.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 27, 2022 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Great summary and extra info, SinceBB! Thanks!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, October 28, 2022 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the recaps and insider info!
Horatio is compelling. I hope they quit throwing his team in all the time. Seems like he's earned some respect so far?
Does anyone know how tall Kim is? I tried to google, but couldn't find anthing. He towers over them -- maybe 6'7" would be my guess.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, October 28, 2022 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Brenda looked it up for you...Kim Tränka is 6' 5¼" (1.96 m)

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, October 31, 2022 - 2:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I finally watched this week's recording. This season is never going to end if TJ keeps bringing out a new team every week.

Tiernet

06-07-2004

Wednesday, November 02, 2022 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tiernet a private message Print Post    
Nia and Jordan go way back to their season of real world. But they have reconciled things recently

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, November 02, 2022 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yes...and I've never liked her. But Tori did not know that Jordan was coming on the show. I don't imagine she would have been super happy for him to to not only show up with his ex girlfriend Nia, but also someone he was rumored to have hooked up with after Jordan and Tori broke their engagement. But I'm sure that's exactly what production was shooting for. Same reason they put Faysal on...they were hoping to create a whole mess.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, November 02, 2022 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
We all know how TJ hates quitters. When Emmy quit right away, leaving Nam to have to exit with her...TJ was furious.

Other cast members spoke about how "TJ ripped into Emmy after she decided to quit. They said TJ first told the assembled cast members that there was “German royalty" in the house, which caused the competitors to clap. However, TJ then clarified that it was a sarcastic remark as Emmy had quit since she thought she was “too good" to be on the show.

TJ kept calling Emmy “Emily” and when the German reality star tried to tell him her actual name, TJ called her out: “I don’t care what your name is, just go!”

Emmy apparently was trying to quit before the show even started while they were still in the hotel. Nam and Emmy were cast as alternates. She didn't find out this information until after they came out of quarantine. She was upset she was not cast as a main character. After all, she was on Celebrity Big Brother Germany 8, Beauty & the Nerd 2, and Secret Story Spain 1. How dare they! She says she felt "unappreciated".

Nevermind that Cory Wharton was also an alternate. He first appeared on Real World. Cory who has been on almost a dozen Challenges and is a respected and loved competitor…didn't complain about being cast as an alternate. But Emmy who was a rookie, actually made it on the show and complained!

She was also peeved that Nam, who has great relationship with all the other Challenge cast, started reconnecting with them right away. She accused him of spending time with the others catching up and not giving her his attention. Does she understand that Nam was doing their team a favor? It's clear she is always used to getting all the attention. She was refused entry in a Dubai mall because her outfit was too revealing.

Cory tweeted that Emmy was the rudest person he ever met. "She refused to engage with anyone or even leave her hotel room. Threatened to quit the moment she got there.” She acted like a diva and thought she was better than everyone else.

Poor Nam said he cried a lot one back in his hotel room. He was devastated that for the third time, he suffered a premature departure. He said “I would rather get knocked out by punches multiple times then feeling that pain in my heart.” Poor guy….three wasn't a charm for him.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, November 03, 2022 - 1:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
This challenge was perhaps the hardest they have had yet. It seemed an almost impossible task. In fact only two couples completed it. Good for Nelson, who after 54 daily challenges, finally won one. Nelson's partner Nurys understands what Emmy did not. She had the sense to just sit back, help win challenges and let Nelson do the politicking and strategizing. She is the rookie and she hasn't earned the vets respect yet.

Jordan is a freaking beast! I was worried with only one hand, how was he going to hold on to Aneesa AND grab the flag? Yet, he did exactly that! He hesitated accepting the invitation to come on the show, party because Tori was on, and partly because since it was last minute…he told producers that he didn't have the time to work out and get in shape. Producers laughed. Said don't worry Jordan, your out of shape is everyone else's in shape.

It was evident that Tommy was well liked by all. They were all encouraging him throughout the elimination challenge. Heck even his competitor Kim was trying to give him tips. But Tommy just needs to bulk up if he is gonna come back. Even TJ had kind words for him and praised him for not quiting and having heart.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, November 03, 2022 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
And uh, let's not forget Jordan and Tori cuddling in the same bed....

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, November 04, 2022 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
so the key to this task was for the smaller person hang and the larger person push and grab on to them the only two winners did exactly that.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, November 04, 2022 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think in Jordan's case, Aneesa had to do the hanging... I'm not sure he could do it with only one hand. But I'm surprised more didn't follow his lead when they saw that it worked.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, November 05, 2022 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, once the teams were unsuccessful, they should have all realized that the needed a strong man who would really dive out there and get them swinging towards the flag. Most of the women just didn't weigh enough or didn't jump hard enough.

What I'm not understanding about this season is that the winner is not winning any money, like they had to in the USA version to buy their way into the finale. The way this is set up they can keep putting the same people in and peoplel who never win anything could fly under the radar and into the finale. is this how it normally plays out?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, November 05, 2022 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yes, Brenda... typically there's no money until the final. And yes, they keep putting the same people in over and over again. :-(

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, November 05, 2022 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Brenda the MTV version and the USA version are set up very differently. I did not like the set up on the USA one that gave them money that took away from the pot of money of the winners at the end.

They have had little twists on the MTV version. They change it up. Some examples: they earned a Skull if they won an elimination. Winning an elimination was the sole qualifier to compete in the Final Challenge. They could swap out their partner if they won. They earned points and the winner at the end, unbeknownst to anyone, with more points got to choose to share the pot or take it all themselves. They earned an advantage "grenade". Individual and Team Bank account points/$ have been used. Strategy and social game play a big part. Most of the vets have know each others for as long as 30 years. There are rivals, alliances, hookups, epic fights, betrayals, relationships that span decades. They have history. That's why I like the MTV version better.

I don't know if at some point they will continue to have two different shows or combine them somehow. All rookies on both shows are at the mercy of the vets. Maybe they are trying to rapidly make a bunch of rookies into vets. I mean the vets are all in their 40s now. They are going to run out of them soon.

It is quite surprising to note that some of the oldest ones are still such threats. I hope I get one more season with CT, Bananas and Wes before they retire!

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Saturday, November 05, 2022 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I never thought I would say this after real world Paris but I will watch “CT” any time! He is my ultimate “hero” as much as Johnny Bananas is my ultimate villain. And Devin reminds me a lot of Wes. (I root for Wes and Derrick, along with Abrham when he used to be on…and Yes and Jordan are runners up on my who to root for group)

The women ….well both Sarahs for sure are in my “alliance” - and Aneesa and Ruthie …. And somehow as much as I hated Ashley on what likely was the last full season of Real World that I watched, she has grown on me because I see her as the champion underdog in terms of people don’t like her but she is so good at what she does.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, November 05, 2022 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
CT has certainly come a long way. I find it very sweet how he tries to help the hot head rookies, because he was once one...but don't mistake his kindness for being soft...because he still is a master strategist. The last challenge he was on he was partnered with Kaycee. They came in first and decided to share the million dollar prize with 2nd and 3rd place, Tori/Kyle and Devin/Emy. I don't think any other partners would have made that decision. TJ called it "classy". And of course....all you have to say to me are the words "Bananas backpack" to make me smile.

Ashley is certainly an acquired taste...who has also grown on me too. Jordan is amazing. He clearly should be at a disadvantage in challenges or eliminations that require holding on to something with two hands...but heck if he disproves that theory every time.

I think for the girls Cara Maria, Laurel, Jodi, Nicole, Kam come to mind. It's way harder for the girls to come back as they get older. Especially if they have kids they have to leave behind...and bodies change after having babies.