TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 25, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: Real Housewives of Salt Lake City: Archive through January 25, 2022 users admin

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Friday, November 13, 2020 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
Is anyone else watching this? I think it's going to be crazy because of the LDS aspect.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, November 13, 2020 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'll give it a try. There's not much else on TV right now, and I hate to start in the middle of a show. Since this is just starting, I'll check it out. Thanks, Jenjackso!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, November 14, 2020 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
You're right! The Mormon Church is going to be a big part of this show. I have opinions on the Mormon Church, but won't share them here. Don't get me started.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Monday, November 16, 2020 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I have many LDS "friends." I say friends in quotes because unless you are LDS, you can never really get all the way in there. I grew up in another religion that maintains tight control and I know the tactics. I spent quite a bit of time in SLC for business and these women are definitely against the norm there. I'm trying to understand who is really a member and who used to be a member.

One thing that I noticed is that each of the ladies kind of matches up with other franchise ladies. I don't see anyone who is very unique except for maybe Mary (the one who married her step grandpa).

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, November 16, 2020 - 6:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I agree JenJackso, these women seem very formulaic and not representing the actual SLC LDS. I was hoping for a "normal" show where we actually saw their lives and how it was in SLC these days.... not just another set of "actors" having parties, yelling at each other and being fake.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, November 17, 2020 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I thought the first episode was one of the better first episodes of a new franchise.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, November 17, 2020 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Jenjackso, my ex BIL (raised Catholic) married a Mormon girl. He had to convert, so they could be married in the temple. Only LDS were allowed at the temple sealing, so none of his family was invited to that. They did have a "public" wedding in the LDS church that we were all allowed to go to. When we went to any pre-wedding events (bridal shower, rehearsal dinner, etc.), all the LDS people were on one side of the room and all the rest of us heathens were on the other. They were not very friendly at all. I've also done a lot of reading on LDS. It's wacko.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Friday, November 27, 2020 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I am inactive Black LDS member who has decided not to watch the show any longer.I find the woman try to flaunt their wealth a tad too much and I can’t keep their names straight. This is likely the earliest I have bailed on a new HW show and I have dropped the OC, NJ, BH, almost out of the ATL ( yea Nene is gone and don’t like Marlo ).Potomac is bringing too much drama so I guess these shows are grating on my nerves.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, March 30, 2021 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LoveAndyC
@LoveAndyC
· 1h
Jen Shah ARRESTED with FRAUD Charges #RHOSLC twitter.com/MylesMill/stat…

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, March 30, 2021 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Here's the tweet article ... Michael Ausiello @MichaelAusiello
·
33m
#RHOSLC Star Jen Shah Arrested on Federal Fraud Charges, Faces 30 Years in Prison

https://twitter.com/MichaelAusiello/status/1376991610706219008

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, March 30, 2021 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Bigbrothergossip @bigbrothrgossip
·
4m
Omg the Jen Shah story just gets better. They were filming AND she was reportedly in full glam when arrested.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, March 31, 2021 - 6:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
OMG... all the reality tea sites are living for the Jen Shah arrest!!!!

They were supposed to be leaving for a cast trip when she was arrested. Jen got a phone call while they were filming and took off saying something about an emergency involving Sharrief (a lie). The Feds caught up with her.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Wednesday, March 31, 2021 - 7:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
I remember when one of the ladies asked her about her business and what she did and she replied something about online tracking and marketing. Coach Shah has had his hands full with that one this year. I wonder if Jen and Teresa Giudice would have been able to keep up their illegal lifestyles without getting caught if they wouldn't have appeared on television.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 31, 2021 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The few times I watched the show Jen was not one I cared for, she seemed pretty shady to me and was extremely self absorbed, more so than many of the other HW's.

I remember when I first saw Joe and Teresa running around with wads of cash in thier hands to pay for stuff and thinking, are these people nuts, why would you pay cash for home improvements! Clearly they were using cash to launder it, LOL.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Wednesday, March 31, 2021 - 7:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Exactly, Dipo. They did it right on camera.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, April 03, 2021 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Queens of Bravo
@queensofbravo
·
Apr 2
Jen Shah confirms that Shah Chalet was a RENTAL and doesn’t own any property #RHOSLC

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, April 04, 2021 - 7:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Dipo, that came out after the reunion was filmed that Shah Chalet was a rental. What's really funny is she said during the first season that her and Coach owned four houses and a condo in NYC. They owned nothing

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, November 20, 2021 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Jen Shah's Assistant Stuart Smith Changes Plea to Guilty in Telemarketing Scheme Case

https://www.eonline.com/news/1310478/jen-shahs-assistant-stuart-smith-changes-plea-to-guilty-in-telemarketing-scheme-case

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, November 29, 2021 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Does anyone watch this series?

I started watching it this weekend out of curiosity to see how the castmates reacted to Jen Shah being arrested and how it compared to RHWOBH.

I started midway in this season, just so I could learn their names before the arrest took place. Now I am hooked and have started watching the first episodes of this season. Then I will go back and watch season 1.

And now Hulu is showing a documentary about Jen Shah. Just like they did about Erika Jayne.

I really don't care for Lisa. She is exhausting. And Mary and her church. Oh, my!

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, November 29, 2021 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Here's the link to a story about the docudrama.

‘The Housewife & the Shah Shocker’ Documentary: Biggest Revelations About Jen Shah’s Business, Alleged Crimes

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, November 30, 2021 - 6:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Grooch, I still watch (but it wasn't on this Sunday)

This case is out of the SDNY which has almost a 99% conviction rate. Stu changed his plea to guilty to turn evidence against Jen. He was looking at almost 70 years in prison. By testifying against Jen, his sentence will now be 10-14 years.

When the Feds "have you," they have you. It doesn't seem like the Feds have any interest in letting Jen plead out (and her ego will get the best of her anyways). Jen could easily get 50 years in prison (being as she was the mastermind of the entire operation).

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, November 30, 2021 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I watched the Hulu special last night. The investigation started around 10 or 15 years ago with a drug bust. And it snowballed from there.

And Jen knew better. She's had a few close calls in The past.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, December 12, 2021 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
XanadudeRainbow flag
@XanadudeEarth2
·
39m
Wait. #MaryCosby screws her family over, marries her step grandfather, has a son, and then says she has no family and that's why she hoards clothing bought with the tithing from her cult. No, girl. No. #RHOSLC

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 25, 2022 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NBC News
@NBCNews
·
57m
Bravo has removed Jennie Nguyen from the cast of "Real Housewives of Salt Lake City" after her offensive social media posts resurfaced.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1486078183397076993

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, January 25, 2022 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Oh, wow. I am shocked. And I liked her.