TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 27, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dancing With The Stars Season 31: Archive through September 27, 2022 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, September 20, 2022 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Anybody watch this last night? I do have to say that I'm enjoying being able to watch the night it's on without having commercials! We usually record and watch the next night.

Selma Blare's dance was so inspiring! She had everyone in tears, even me! We had a neighbor when I was young who had MS. She had four young children and was hardly able to speak or walk. It's a terrible disease.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, September 20, 2022 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
It is a terrible disease.
I watched as well. The Disney + FF is terrible as I couldn't see the picture, so I'd FF for about 2 minutes to try to get past judges. I can't believe it was two solid hours without any commercials! I think they need to tighten it up a bit. and the app needs to improve its FF capabilities. Also, I had trouble getting the show to launch. I tried starting it while it was still airing. Start "at the beginning" and it crashed the app after starting and freezing. Then it was close to show ending time, so the show wasn't even there for about 5-10 minutes. Then I was able to launch it. I may try a day later to see if the FF is any better. I think there were too many people trying to stream it at the same time. It's really on too early for most working folks in the west or midwest. And Unless you watch it live you don't get to vote.

I did enjoy the dancing quite a lot.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, September 20, 2022 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
So I gather that Theresa had the lowest scores but was kept by the judges in bottom two. And Tyra bemoaned that she was told (by herself as producer?) to have costume changes but how would she manage when there are no commercials, then her co host nicely said that the idea was for the dancers to sparkle so he wouldn't be trying to compete with then for wardrobe.

No, I didn't watch, but Los Angeles ABC 7 news is always kind of obsessed with DWTS and other ABC shows so the entertainment anchor gave a complete order of who scored what and other informtion on the 11pm news. I don't remember the oder except that Gabby was tied for third, I think.

And Selma Blare's child was adorable and said mom would normally be in bed..

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, September 20, 2022 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed it. Nice with no commercials. Many to root for. Tyra was so much better now that she has Alphonso to throw it to. Less Tyra= more likable Tyra

I agree fast forwarding on disney is not as easy as my dvr

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, September 20, 2022 - 4:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Also having it on disney evens playing field for voting. Us west coasters can see the dance and vote live with east coast. I liked that

I will say that i think the tic toc girl will win hands down, she has millions of followers and I am sure they will all vote for her

Cheryl Ladd...wow she is gorgeous!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, September 20, 2022 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Loved it. But, being old, I fell asleep in the middle. Can't wait to watch the entire ep through.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, September 21, 2022 - 1:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Loved that the audience is back! Love that Len is back (and the other 3 judges)! Love that the DWTS dance Troupe is back! LOVE that they returned to opening the show with the Pros dancing instead of Tyra's catwalk.

Tyra must have a new stylist. This dress was nice. Her hair and makeup looked more natural. She bothered me 50% less...because she was on the screen 50% less lol. Seems though she is still having problems understanding the info she gets though her earpiece. And....no costume changes finally, and no prancing around.

Alphonso did a good job. Was excited to have old pros back, Mark Ballas (not so much the man bun), Louis Van Amstel. So happy Whitney is there, she is my favorite. Love the whole cast actually! And loved no commercials

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, September 21, 2022 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I thought the first show was almost perfect! Well, except for the fact that Tyra was still there. Alonzo was wonderful.

Selma Blair was terrific. The tears were flowing.
My favs are Selma, Jordan Sparks, Cheryl Ladd, and Wayne Brady. Who doesn't love Wayne Brady?

I'll admit there is no way I can sign up for another streaming service, so I found it online.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, September 21, 2022 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Oh heck lol....I didn't even see that I posted my thoughts on 1st show in wrong thread (last years) lol There was no new thread at the time. But those were pretty much my thoughts too

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, September 21, 2022 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Me, too! Mods, could you maybe move those accidental posts under the Season 30 thread over here? Thanks!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, September 21, 2022 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I loved Alphonso! Tyra is so much less annoying when she doesn't have so much camera time. Even hubby agreed with me, and he HATES Tyra.

I can't believe the judges kept Teresa, when she had the lowest scores! I was hoping they'd send her home. She was awful. Maybe they were afraid she'd flip their desk.

Also nice that with no commercials, Tyra doesn't have time to make those ridiculous costume changes. She actually looked nice last night, even looks like she may have lost weight.

Curious how many people were streaming.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, September 21, 2022 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I moved the earlier posts over and sorted by time posted. :-)

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, September 21, 2022 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Babyjax my husband can not stand Tyra either lol... so even 50% of her was hard to take for him lol. Although he did say that with all the other things going on that it seemed her effect on the show was "watered down".

I didn't get Disney+ til last night. My husband was laughing that I got it just for that show essentially. There's nothing else on there I'm really interested in. Maybe Pinocchio. I found a deal through Verizon which gave us 6 months free.

I was surprised that they had to vote somebody off on the first show. I always think they should wait until everybody has at least two dances under their belt. Sometimes for the ones at the bottom that could make a difference.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, September 21, 2022 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Thanks Jimmer!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, September 21, 2022 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
The Mandalorian is so good! I would pay for Disney plus just for that show but I watch so much more.

I never even saw star wars before that show and now I am a big fan.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, September 22, 2022 - 6:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Is there a way to find out the ratings for DWTS now that it's on Disney+?

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, September 26, 2022 - 4:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I am confused. It says on Disney plus that DWTS plays on Monday 8ET/5PT. Last week I went to watch and it was already playing so I waited until an hour after it finished to watch. Thankfully Disney+ doesn't make you wait days after.

If I go on Dancing With the Stars right now it says it's in by 44 minutes. It's 4:44 in California.... so it actually started at 4:00 p.m. and not 5:00 p.m.?

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, September 26, 2022 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I started watching it here (mountain time") at 6pm,which I believe would be 5pm in California. I'm watching it live.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, September 26, 2022 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Exactly....but counter says it's now 2 and a half hours in lol

Tyra is back to atrocious outfits....and strutting her way out....

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, September 26, 2022 - 6:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
The app is really not good at this live TV thing. I was watching live and I missed a dance, so I rewound. Now the app crashed. So it looks like I'll be watchign football and waiting for the live show to be over, so I can go FF through the "recording" back to where I was. They really should get this under control.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, September 26, 2022 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Now I'm scared to rewind lol

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, September 26, 2022 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
i'm watching through comcast. Maybe it would be better through the computer. But I'm doubtful.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, September 26, 2022 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I'm watching on Android Smart TV with app downloaded on Roku

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, September 26, 2022 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Maybe I need to try the firestick in the future. Or just pause and not try to rewind. When I tried to get back into the show (as it was still airing live) it did not remember where I was at when it crashed. And I tried to "start from the beginning" and it crashed again. Frustrating! So football it is for now, and I will try to watch the rest of DWTS in a bit.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, September 27, 2022 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We started watching about 7:30 PDT. I'm just enjoying being able to watch the show on the same night as it airs (we've always had to record it and watch the next day, or just watch through Hulu the next day with no commercials).

I thought Tyra looked like she'd lost weight on last week's show, but now I take it back. She looked absolutely ridiculous last night in her short skirt that emphasized her thunder thighs and her thigh-high boots that looked like giant motorcyle boots -- and also emphasized her thunder thighs. Even hubby noticed, as he was the one who pointed it out to me (I was looking at something on my phone when she came out and wasn't paying attention).

I love Alphonso! He's the Anti-Tyra!!! He's a lot like Tom Bergeron: very funny, supportive of the dancers and quick with a quip. Love him!

Thank god Teresa is gone!!! I think I'm okay with everybody else on the show.