TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Dancing With The Stars Season 31

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dancing With The Stars Season 31 users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through September 27, 2022Babyjaxmom25 09-27-22  12:15 pm
Archive through November 01, 2022Seamonkey25 11-01-22  3:12 pm
Archive through November 22, 2022Legalboxer25 11-22-22  11:38 am
Archive through March 17, 2023Mameblanche25 03-17-23  5:26 pm
Archive through May 03, 2023Brenda196625 05-03-23  11:51 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 03, 2023 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, any involvement by Tyra is not a plus, and without Tom and Len, it won't be as good for me..

Also it depends on who they bring in as "stars" as I may be aging out of being so interested in those they choose.

But Tyra not hosting AND the show being back on a network.. that's huge.

It probably also has to do with the writer's strike, as if it persists like last time, we will see more "reality" or "unscripted" shows to replace the scripted shows we will miss.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, May 03, 2023 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
But Tyra not hosting AND the show being back on a network.. that's huge.

Agreed. Yay! 🎉

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, May 03, 2023 - 3:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Who is hosting the show now? Doesn't the host need writers for the stupid jokes they make? Though I doubt Tom needed one.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, May 03, 2023 - 5:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Exactly what I was thinking. Agree with you all. Tom would NOT need any writers!

Last I heard, it was Julianne Hough and Alfonso Ribeiro for hosts. The judges, Carrie Anne, Bruno and Derek will stay. Shirley Ballas (Pro Mark's mother) will replace Len. She taught both Hough siblings also. She had her own studio, has danced professionally and was head judge on UKs Strictly Come Dancing. So we are getting a seasoned pro thankfully. Not like on So You Think You Can Dance where we get celebs lol

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, May 03, 2023 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I should have checked...but seems Shirley is no longer going to replace Len. Meanwhile her son Mark, said he is retiring as a Pro dancer. And I was so glad to see him back again last season. Boooo! But he said something to the effect of... I'm not saying this is the end. I'm just saying you won't see me back dancing with a partner again. Dare I hope this is a cryptic message ..that he is taking his moms "place" on the panel?

That would put the threesome of Julienne, Derek and Marc back on the show together again! That would be nice

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 04, 2023 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I like Tom's Instagram.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, May 04, 2023 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Hubby and I have found that even if we have no clue who somebody is at the beginning of the season, it's still fun to watch their personalities emerge, and by the time they're done on the show, we've often grown fond of them.

I'll miss the show being on Disney, even though I know it was inconvenient for some people. I loved being able to watch the show live without commercials. We'll probably have to go back to recording the show on Hulu, and either waiting till it's far enough in to skip commercials or just wait till the next day and watch it on ABC without commercial breaks. We've gotten super spoiled over the past few years.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, May 04, 2023 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Sea, what did Tom say. I can't find his post. :-(

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 04, 2023 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
If you bring up tombergeron, then it is the 9th post back and the first picture in the slideshow is Tom lying down under a rock arch on a mountain. I see after I posted the name of the song and singer, he has added that info to the post. The whole song is at https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TWziwOZOGDY

Makes me teary...

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 04, 2023 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It wasn't what he said, in this case, just the pictures and music..

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, May 04, 2023 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I also found myself liking some I knew and didn't like much before. I got Disney+ only to watch DWTS, although I found other content I enjoyed. Now Disney and Hulu are merging...I wish I had gotten the 2022 deal of being grand-fathered in to the $15 plan for both.

Disney says Dancing with the Stars' is to simulcast across both ABC and Disney+ for season 32. Does that mean it will be the only show to have commercials on Disney?

In any case, the cast is super happy it's going back to ABC. Having no commercial break affected them in several ways. It totally limited the costume changes and how they put together the Pros dance numbers etc. (although Tyra made sure hers costume changes happened) Everyone was rushing around like a chicken with their heads cut off, behind the cameras. The show also suffered in lost revenue from no commercials. That dominoed into Tyra giving the Pros and crew a substantial salary cut...which we didn't notice in her wardrobe from her personal designer and stylist.

The whole cast and crew are hoping to get their prime time salaries back. I suspect this played a part in some past Pros bowing out of the show? I've always said how I hate commercials and pay for commercial free streaming where they offer it. But since it comes with some good things for the show, it will be worth it. I'm just glad it's coming back, in any form!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 04, 2023 - 4:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And the posts more current than that are interesting too.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, May 04, 2023 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thx Sea.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, May 05, 2023 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Sincebb1, we don't really mind the commercials. We either record and skip the commercials or watch the next day on the streaming platforms that have no commercials. We hardly watch anything live.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, May 05, 2023 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Babyjax...But there are so many shows, even on demand, that don't let you forward or skip commercials. To add insult to injury, they play the same commercials over and over. For example, TCL has commercials way more frequently than live TV it seems. At that point I would rather watch it live. At least I get a variety of commercials lol And obviously I would watch DWTS any way I can. I even endured Tyra lol

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 05, 2023 - 5:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
When I can record and fast forward, that works. With some shows you cannot fast forward on demand the first day but later you can. Depends on how much I want to be current! And my finger keeps forgetting when I cannot fast forward.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, May 05, 2023 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I really prefer to record the shows from cable and then FF. So to watch DWTS I just delay starting it for 30-60 minutes and then can FF as much as I want. Saves so much time! I really disliked that on Disney it was 2 solid hours when I used to be able to watch in an hour with FF through the fluff and commercials. I'm so happy it's back on ABC.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 05, 2023 - 8:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Same. And since on the west coast we really cannot vote on shows with voting, A bit of delay is just fine. I watch pretty much everything on delay.

The only time I look for real time spoiling is for Big Brother because of the Important House Happenings chart, where I try to be up to the minute, thanks to those on east coast feeds.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, May 06, 2023 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Sincebb1, we don't have satellite or cable, so we never watch On Demand. We cut the cord years ago and only use Hulu Live (which allows us to record and playback) and other streaming services. If they make us watch commercials, we won't watch them (except for sports). Why we won't watch Freevee.

When we were recording and rewatching DWTS, we FFed through a lot of Tyra. I also spent a lot of time saying, "Shut up, Tyra!" She liked to interject her opinions when the judges were talking.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, May 06, 2023 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Babyjax We should just get hulu live or some equivalent probably. I don't ever FF through anything (except commercials) so we were doing way more "Shut up Tyra" too lol

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, May 07, 2023 - 3:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
There are a couple of shows I watch on Freevee and TBH the commercials aren't even noticeable.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, May 07, 2023 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
They are to us. Hubby complains. We did watch "Bosch" on Freevee, but he whined everytime an ad came on, even though we mute them.

Sincbb1, we've been using Hulu Live for several years. Saved us a ton of money over our old DirecTV. We have unlimited recording ability, can set up shows to record every time there's a new one and can either FF thru ads or wait till the next day and watch most shows without ads (although some of the networks are starting to get wise and make you go to their site to watch without ads: ie, Paramount+ for CBS).

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, May 07, 2023 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
If it’s not on Antenna TV, I’m not watching.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, May 07, 2023 - 10:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Kooklie, I started a Season 32 thread. It is going to be over the air on ABC and Disney+. Click on the link in that thread.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: