TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 12, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dancing With The Stars Season 30: Archive through September 12, 2022 users admin

Starr

07-09-2005

Friday, April 15, 2022 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
I'm bummed because I won't buy Disney+ just to watch the show. Like someone said, I assume a lot of older viewers will be out. Tyra will probably think it's because she's gone that viewers aren't tuning in. Ugh!! (and I like Tyra, just not in that role.)

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, April 15, 2022 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
You know who my dream Duo would be... Tom Bergeron and Cat Deeley. But there's a better chance of Tom returning to DWTS than convincing Cat to return to the US.LOL..

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, April 15, 2022 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Oh geez. Well after I wrote the above post I thought to myself. I wonder if So You Think You Can Dance is ever coming back. It is! And surprisingly enough Cat Deeley has decided to come back as its host! The last interview I heard from her she said she was never moving back to Los Angeles again lol. I guess never say never right? So maybe Tom and Cat can double time LOL

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, June 13, 2022 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Just read this one on E! News: Carrie Ann Inaba says "the judges' panel is rooting for host Tyra Banks to return"!!! Ewwwww!!!!! Do they not read the fan boards where the anti-Tyra sentiment is overwhelming?! Everybody HATES Tyra (most of them anyway). 🤮

https://www.eonline.com/news/1334426/carrie-ann-inaba-reveals-if-she-wants-tyra-banks-to-return-to-dancing-with-the-stars

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, June 13, 2022 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I'm going to assume... That Carrie Ann, is just trying to be her positive self when she says that? At least I'm praying lol. Or she knows that Tyra is still in the running and she doesn't want to comment? Again, I'm praying not!

But since she expressed that she wants Tyra back...now I don't trust her when she says that they have lots of changes that we will like. Lol

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Thursday, July 14, 2022 - 8:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Well Tyra is back....but they're adding Alfonso Ribero as a co-host...

https://tvline.com/2022/07/14/dancing-with-the-stars-hosts-alfonso-ribeiro-tyra-banks-dwts-judges-disney-plus/

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, July 14, 2022 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
That along with what I read a few days ago...Disney is no longer going to pay dancing pros the standard $5,200 per episode but now are going to pay them $1,600 per episode. Don't even know if any of them are going to return?

According to SAG-AFTRA rates, seems to be a mere fraction of what they should be paid. I don't know if they're restructuring the whole program? Even if they only appear in one episode, they are rehearsing the whole week long. In certain situations they are even flying across the United States to have those rehearsals with the Stars.

I also, unlike many others, am not fond of Alfonso. He certainly cannot overshadow how much I dislike Tyra LOL. I thought she was being uncharacteristically mute all this time. She probably knew.

It also explains to me how when anyone on the show was asked about Tyra, they had nothing bad to say. I'm going to assume that the one or two people that said something about her are the ones that are not going to return.

I am so sad....

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, July 14, 2022 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well they've ruined what used to be a very entertaining fun show. What a shame.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, August 03, 2022 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I could have fast forwarded past hosts but not paying extra for Disney plus. But they have been ruining a show I once enjoyed, bit by bit. Now it joins other shows on the do not record list.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, September 07, 2022 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Weren't the new stars announced today? Anybody?

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, September 07, 2022 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
They were supposed to be...?

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, September 07, 2022 - 4:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Heck I just saw...official announcement tomorrow for list of stars.

As far as pros :This season's pros will include Cheryl Burke, Witney Carson, Artem Chigvintsev, Brandon Armstrong, Daniella Karagach, and Pasha Pashkov, with more to be announced. Lindsay Arnold and Sharna Burgess have confirmed that they will not be back this season.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, September 07, 2022 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Tomorrow on GMA.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, September 07, 2022 - 10:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Some of the stars are leaking tonight...Gabby Windey. I have seen enough of her already lol

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Thursday, September 08, 2022 - 6:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
https://tvline.com/lists/dancing-with-the-stars-season-31-cast-full-list-dwts/gabby-windey/

It's....not a bad cast overall actually (I guess they wanted a decent one for the first D+ season)

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, September 08, 2022 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I was surprised at how many I liked! Looking forward to it. So excited to see Louis back! and having him with Cheryl Ladd, I expect to see classic beautiful dances.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, September 08, 2022 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the link. Too bad it's not on regular tv anymore.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, September 08, 2022 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
No one in this cast really thrills me, but I will probably tune in. I do enjoy the dancing. I just hope Disney+ has a robust fast forward so I can zoom past the Tyra nonsense.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, September 08, 2022 - 4:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Can you imagine..."no FF...this function is not available for this program"....lol

Carrie Ann Inaba went on Twitter asking/begging fans to please watch. There has been so much backlash about the show. Both about it being on a streaming service and because they still have Tyra. In fact that was the last straw for most people.

Comments said, the first and largest blunder was getting rid of Tom and Erin. Add to it they got Tyra as the replacement. The network clearly knew no one was happy. Yet, Tyra came back for second year and with no modifications to her behavior or how she handled the show.

The ABC network then dumps the show...but slides it over to their Disney+. Now you have to PAY to see Tyra...because yes, she is STILL there. People were so upset. They were saying why should we pay to watch a show that clearly doesn't care what their audience wants.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, September 08, 2022 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
You know how... some people go on the show, that people can't stand...and they end up endearing themselves to the audience. You end up saying, I never knew I was really going to like that person that much.

I ask myself if Theresa could make me like her...? And them I woke up....lol
She is paired with Pasha, whom I believe is very mild tempered and sweet. I think she could be a good dancer. But I don't think she can be a good student. So far, somebody that likes me told what to do. On the other hand she's very competitive so I guess we will see.

I'm sure at some point Gabby will be sitting on the floor in a pile of Tears.. crying why doesn't America like me, am I too broken to like...

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, September 08, 2022 - 6:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
That is supposed to be: So far, she doesn't seem to be somebody that likes to be told what to do...lol

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Sunday, September 11, 2022 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
I like the show and the cast this year is pretty good. I don’t have Disney + and don’t intend on getting it. So no Dwts this year for me.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, September 11, 2022 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I will watch and continue to FF thru Tyra

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, September 11, 2022 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, it was the AND that lost me. I could FF through Tyra, though it was still disturbing to see those outfits, but add in streaming and that was the final straw. And seeing the cast, eh.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, September 12, 2022 - 5:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I could have sworn Theresa was on this show already.