TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 15, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dancing With The Stars Season 30: Archive through April 15, 2022 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 08, 2022 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Just heard about this on the news. Bye Bye DWTS. Not buying an app, at least not for this show. Too bad, though.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, April 09, 2022 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm a senior and I watch Disney+. But we have a 21 year old who's really into the Marvel Universe, so that's mainly why we have Disney+.

I hope this means no more commercials. That's why we've always waited till the next day to watch and streamed it through Hulu. I sure wish they'd ditch Tyra. She is overwhelmingly hated by their viewing audience.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, April 09, 2022 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
We got Disney+ only to watch the Beatles Documentary. After we watched it we cancelled. There wasn't anything else we really wanted to watch.

We had the bundle which included HULU. But it was Hulu WITH ads. Hulu plays it's ads way louder than the streaming content. I really think they do it on purpose so you upgrade to no ads! So we canceled the bundle and got Hulu no ads.

Now that Disney has bought DWTS we don't know what else or who else will also change. I'll probably get Disney+ JUST to watch DWTS. But if they lose most of the crew and staff...except for Tyra...I will probably throw in the towel. Infact, if they get rid of Tyra...just for that improvement...I will watch. At least for the first season on Disney.

We will see...they have an opportunity to make it or break it

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, April 09, 2022 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Disney Plus has so much great content! We love all of the star wars series. I was never a star wars fan but fell in love with Baby Yoda/Grogu so I started watching the Mandalorian and then got hooked.

So many great old disney movies, wonderful documentaries. Honestly for 8.00 per month, I get my money's worth ten fold!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, April 09, 2022 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
My senior mom watches disney + sometimes. I'm amazed she can even figure out how to launch it. :-) There's a lot of great nature content on there, as well as all of the great animated movies as well as the classics we grew up on.

If you liked Mandolorian, then Bobba Fett should be added to your list.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, April 09, 2022 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
yes, We watched Bobba, which really was Mandolorian once you got past the first few eps! lol

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, April 10, 2022 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
My son is enjoying Boba Fett. I passed on that one. He loved {The Mandalorian}, but I could barely keep my eyes open. Loki and Wanda Vision were both excellent and exceeded our expectations.

We also have the Hulu bundle, but we have Hulu Live (with no ads), since we don't have cable anymore. Think we got it for Hamilton. Hubby loves ESPN+.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, April 10, 2022 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
We have everything...we still have a full cable subscription with EVERY channel available. So we already have Smithsonian ESPN etc. Then we have all the other streaming services... Without ads

The idea was to get rid of the subscription at some point. But that hasn't happened so far. Except for original content on streaming services, cable is just too darn convenient LOL

At some point though my head will explode...with all the selections

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, April 11, 2022 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I need to watch Loki.

And yes, I agree that Hulu purposely makes the commercial painfully loud. It's ridiculous.

The quantity of streaming options is exhausting. I hoping after this mass expansion, it will constrict as people realize they are spending too much on all of these various options.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, April 11, 2022 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Brenda yes I agree. We are trying to find the right ingredients for the "cocktail" of viewing everything that's offered. And it doesn't help that everything keeps changing.

If there were some kind of organizing app or something that would take all the streaming channels under one Hood... Would be nice.

It gets so confusing remembering that we watch this show on Hulu and what day the new episode comes out. And then we have to go on Netflix and keep up with this other show...

So if there were just something that would alert you of what you were watching where... Under One roof that would be great. Just like when you can add something to your watch list on each streaming service. If there was something that cataloged all of them. I would pay extra for that! That would be my incentive to completely get rid of cable

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, April 11, 2022 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
That is a great idea, Sincebb1! I have the same issue. But now I'm so spoiled streaming shows that drop all the episodes at once that we won't watch shows that drop every week until they've all dropped. I make a note on my computer calendar when we can start watching shows that are on our list. It would be a nice thing to have an app that organizes all the shows we watch!

We have Hulu Live with no ads, plus a million other apps. We cut the cord with DirecTV back in December 2019 and have never looked back (and it's half the price, too!).

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, April 11, 2022 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
BTW, SinceBB1, we watch everything through an Amazon Firestick, so when we forget where we watch a certain show (all the time!), we just ask Alexa to find it. But I know it's a problem when you forget what shows you watch.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, April 11, 2022 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I cant cut the directv cord until I can find a way to dvr all the shows I watch. I think Survivor is the only show I watch the day it airs

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, April 11, 2022 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Baby we have a ruku stick... Basically same thing. Then we also have Alexa hooked up to our television which also turns it on turns it off fast forwards etc... And also finds shows. Also a Tivo and an android Sony tv.

I am the electronic and gadget Queen LOL I've got everything I possibly can automated, voice controlled, Wi-Fi connected.... Whether it is audio visual, appliance or anything else related. I love it

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, April 12, 2022 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Pamy, we have the recording option on Hulu Live, so we're able to record, but only the shows we can get through Hulu. I'm thinking of making a list so I can remember what shows come on what days. It's been years since I had to remember this!!!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, April 12, 2022 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
That's cool, hopefully more aps come with that

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, April 14, 2022 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Well finally! Nope, Tyra is not coming back! Yey! Can you see me doing the happy dance. Like Snoopy with his nose in the air joyfully rejoicing.

The sad part is the move to Disney+. We can thank Tyra for putting the nail in the coffin on that. The record low viewing numbers. There were other things also of course.

Brooke Burke just said that Tyra was a diva. She said nothing wrong with being a diva. But the host in that situation has to have compassion and not try to be the star of the show. The stars of the show are the dancers the pros the person that just got a 10. Agree

Although many of the DTWS people are making statements about how they are so proud the show is going to the next level. They have to do that lol. Same as when they hired Tyra as a host and they all came out with wonderful things to say about her. Lol meanwhile behind the scenes that wasn't happening at all.

One of the things that they're worried about is going from being free to a paid for platform. They figured they're going to lose many of their older viewers. I mean, maybe that's the plan? Some change is always good. I just hope they don't mess with the winning formula too much.

We shall see. The next season will tell.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, April 14, 2022 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
OMG!!! I'm so happy!!! Dancing right along beside you, Sincebb1! You've made my day!!!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, April 14, 2022 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Baby Lol you are welcome....
Now if they're smart, they will offer Tom an insane amount of money to come back. At least for first season

Vsmart

02-09-2003

Thursday, April 14, 2022 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
There will be a lot more Disney "stars" as contestants.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, April 14, 2022 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The show is out of my life now, but Tyra being out is a very good thing!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, April 14, 2022 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I just don't understand the concept of narrowing the potential viewing audience for a reality show. And while this does open up the voting to the west coast...there will be less voters? Less live viewers?

Most streaming viewers here have said they don't like to watch series where they have to come back every week to watch. They like waiting until all the episodes drop. I believe I heard they wanted to go back to two shows a week.

For all of those reasons...and none having to do with the actual quality of the show or it contents. I will be interested to see how this plays out.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, April 14, 2022 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Glad Tyra is out, I wonder who the next host will be.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, April 15, 2022 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I doubt they will ask back either Tom or Erin, even though I know a lot of us would love that. Both of them have moved on to other projects. I just hope they hire someone "nice," who won't make their hosting job all about them but will focus more on the dancers like they should.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, April 15, 2022 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
My guess is Mario Lopez. Lol!