TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 09, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: My Big Fat Fabulous Life: Archive through August 09, 2022 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 06, 2021 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Plus if I recall correctly all her friends have expressed the desire "to make her happy", so I wonder what she is doing to "make herself happy". It is not anyone's job to make you happy that is on you.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, January 06, 2021 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Actually, some depressed people can't get up to make a sandwich or anything else for that matter.

But I"m not talking about that level of depression. I'm talking about the level that asks people to do things for you because it gives you a tiny endorphin boast.

Lazy is bad, isn't it?

I think that's a distortion of the words/intent of her friends. I try to make my friends happy too, by doing little things to uplift them. Don't you?

Those are two different concepts, a momentary lift/smile/happy and the deeper sense of being happy with who you are? No, no one else can give you the second, but boy that first type? It's lovely when someone thinks of you. They just care, nothing wrong with that.

We really only saw a couple of times that she asked Buddy to do something for her, and again, she has done PLENTY for him, like giving him a place to live?? Standing by him thru his addiction? Reciprocity isn't a bad thing.

I just don't see her as some awful person. Sad. Hurt. Sometimes a little over self-oriented. Human, in other words.

It's just my opinion, anyway. I just have some empathy for her, because I know what it's like to feel unlovable, and how that can lead to behavior that others misunderstand.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 13, 2021 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well it seems like Whitney has come back to her senses.

I still think she is passive aggressive when it comes to Buddy. He is having dinner with his girlfriend and she "calls from her room for him to make her a salad"; she couldn't get up and fix it herself?

Guess we shall see how the move back to Greensboro goes and did she say the tenants put a pool in her backyard? Surely she must mean an inflatable, not a permanent pool, LOL.

They left a lot of questions open on this one. Plus I wish they would give us dates for these shows, I would really like to know what time of year it is with relation to Covid.

I am assuming it is summertime, but I am not sure.

Oh and Babs and hubby (why can't I think of his name) looked good but is he still going into the office / traveling / or working from home.

Inquiring minds want to know, hahahahahaha.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, February 12, 2021 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Glenn.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, February 12, 2021 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think I probably missed the last show or more.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, February 12, 2021 - 8:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Last show they did another group meeting at a lake house, I guess they all got tested first. Still it amazes me that they continue to do this.

Chase had his baby and that upset Whitney even tho she was happy for him.

Can't really remember much else about the show.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, February 14, 2021 - 1:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I guess I saw that. Maybe.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, August 17, 2021 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New show tonight ... Looks like they are starting up again, and according to Chase "Whitney is once again involved with an unattainable man".

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, August 24, 2021 - 8:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I swear, Buddy is your roommate, he doesn't have to spend time with you, he pays his rent, throw his mail into this room and get over it!

Whitney hasn't grown at all still very selfish and self absorbed.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, August 25, 2021 - 8:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I did think it odd that she was so possessive about him. I think lonely is a better description than selfish.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, August 25, 2021 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I agree Dipo, as long as he pays his rent she shoulda stayed in her lane.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, August 25, 2021 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I don't think it's about living there so much as it was Buddy make several promises to be present, and not following thru. Anyone would be disappointed at this kind of behavior from a friend.

Any time one of your formerly single friends gets in a relationship, if they want to maintain the friendship, they do have to continue to follow thru with commitments, and spend some time with their old friends as well.

It is very frustrating to be forgotten when someone gets a new 'significant other.'

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, August 25, 2021 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LMAO, but that is what Whitney does when she gets into a relationship. She basically leaves everyone behind and spends all her time with her new beau. The only time she gets together with her friends is when she plans a party or a get away. Look how they complained when she moved away, she never came back, they were expected to go to her.

This time it might be different since the new beau is in France.

She always thinks that Buddy is going to save her, she doesn't have to be lonely if he isn't in the house, she has plenty of friends around now.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, August 25, 2021 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Interesting that you thought my post was so funny? That feels very disrespectful. I hope you didn't mean it the way it comes across. :-(

As I recall, Buddy came and stayed with her when she lived away, and in fact, it was Chase that was uncomfortable with how much time they spent together, talked together, etc. She has been there for Buddy and he has been there for her. It's natural for her to be disappointed in his lack of follow thru on commitments he made to her.

I don't recall her dropping out on commitments she made to him.

I would just remind that we see a limited view of their real lives on this program, and I *personally* believe it's better to be kind. Always.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, August 25, 2021 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I wasn't laughing at you just the concept that Whitney did the things you mentioned in your second paragraph.

Buddy came to stay with Whitney when she lived away because of his concern for her depression, which was appropriate. She is no longer depressed, has moved back home to ALL her friends so shouldn't be dependent on Buddy. Sure she can be disappointed that he flakes out on her but she knows that is who he is, this isn't news to her. She shouldn't put expectations on him as if he was her boyfriend, JMO.

That was my point.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, August 25, 2021 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Thank you for that.

I stand by my observation that Whitney did indeed make efforts to stay in touch with her friends, throughout all of her relationships. And yes, it was more difficult when she moved to another city, but I don't recall them complaining about her blowing them off... just that they missed her, and wanted her to move back.

In fact, her refusal to move even further away with Chase is part of what ended her relationship with him.

I also agree that some of the expectations she expressed seemed unreasonable. But by the end of the show, after talking to him, she seemed in a better place. If he had made time to sit and talk with her before then, it would have cut off all that unreasonableness.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 01, 2021 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I love how they showed Whitney and her brother so excited to get their vaccines.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, October 27, 2021 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I can't decide, I do feel like Whitney is being Catfished by the Frenchman and on the other hand it does appear that he made quite the effort to come to the US to see her.

Now... I don't recall the borders being open to Europeans, or Canadians, for that matter. Plus I don't understand how you could plan to travel to the US during the pandemic without spending a great deal of time finding out what paperwork would be necessary... BEFORE you head to the airport.

I just kept thinking he was in a hotel (with his girlfriend) enjoying a little vacation while phoning Whitney every now and again.

So I am torn... but once again it sure seems like she has "fallen in love" without even considering how this might work out in the long run.

I mean maybe she just likes being in love and not having a day-to-day relationship with her boyfriend.

And it sure did seem like she was more concerned with "winning" over her brother than listening to his valid concerns about the "relationship".

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 28, 2021 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
He is apparently not a Frenchman, and not a French Man, but a man who lives in France.

And she seems willing to screw over Jessica and their business in order to film in Paris again.

I wonder if that guy gets paid less because they have to blur his face...

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 28, 2021 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Reddit users seem to think they've identified him by a little clip that TLC didn't black out his first name. They seem to have it.

Also, Whitney does go to France and stayed 6 weeks per her instagram, with photos with her and "FrenchMan" with his face blurred.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 28, 2021 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes they do have it.

Yes, more blurring.

They could at least entertain us with a like Juju used to do...

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, November 09, 2021 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
No show tonight, does that mean the season is over? I tried googling but I couldn't get an answer. Maybe someone who googles better than me can find out. LOL.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, November 10, 2021 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Season is over. Whitney has confirmed there will be a Season 10, altho TLC hasn't officially announced it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, November 10, 2021 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks, that last show didn't seem like a finale, and it was an odd number of shows, I think only 9 episodes

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, August 09, 2022 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New season starts tonight. Looks like a "catch-up" show at 8pm and the real show at 9pm. They have promoted that Babs has had another stroke and apparently Glenn and Hunter have Covid.

We shall see what's up.