TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 11, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Little People; Big World: Archive through June 11, 2022 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 08, 2022 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well, all I know is what all three families said on the show (and a number of times). So, since they are living it and driving it, I'm going to take their word for it. ;)

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, June 08, 2022 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I google mapped it as an hour. They must be driving at off times. The drive to my daughter's campus is 1:15 if you map it in the middle of the night. LOL. Sometimes it takes me 2 hours.

I've read that Jeremy's wife doesn't like Tori and feels that Tori drove a wedge between the twin brothers. Lots of family drama, so they are a typical family in that regard.

It really is too bad the kids didn't want the farm in trust, but I guess many of them don't want the responsibility. It's a huge undertaking. I'm sure they just want cash!

Matt and Carin have watched the kids a lot. I've seen plenty of footage of them interacting warmly. I think the little boy is likely picking up on stuff Zach and Tori are saying, also their vibe. I clearly remember hearing my mother talking about my grandmother. Adults seem to forget how much little kids pick up on.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 08, 2022 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I think kids pick up on vibes that Matt is giving. :-). He gives me the heebie geebies for sure. I find him incredibly rude, condescending and cold. And telling them to come over and see him, versus inviting them to play vs being playful... he doesn't get kids at all.

But then, he doesn't get human-human interaction very well either.

I'm not sure google mapping is an alternative to their real life experience. Why would they underestimate it? I don't get it. And why wouldn't we believe them?

Honestly, I dont get the giving Matt a pass stuff here. He sets off alarms for me right and left.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Wednesday, June 08, 2022 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Kar, a recent episode had Caryn and Matt talking about how it was at least an hour ride and Chris said he didn’t see them driving that far that often.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 08, 2022 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Okay, Julie, I just know I heard "45 minutes" repeatedly. I agree that Chris said he didn't see them driving that far that often, but that was right after Amy said 45 minutes.

At any rate, it's far. :-). I don't think it's great for the grandkids to be so far from grandparents, but it may be good for their parents. Sounds like they needed the space.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, June 09, 2022 - 8:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Matt certainly gets demonized a lot online, but I don't think he's that awful, and no creep vibes here. Sure he's a control freak around his business, a business that he built from the ground. It makes sense that the kids don't feel like they can take it over with him hovering over them. He needs to learn to let it go if he wants any of his kids to continue the legacy.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, June 09, 2022 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
He's not just a control freak about his business.. he's a control freak about other people... that's the problem. and he is completely DENSE about other people's feelings. He is a bit self absorbed, in my opinion.

I don't think people are generally one way in business, and another around their family.

And yeah, he needs to learn to let go. To a certain extent, Caryn has helped him with that, but they both have some issues in that regard.

I think Amy has grown a lot since she left, since I think they were locked in a pretty dysfunctional dance. Leaving has opened her up to other possibilities. I think she has grown more since the divorce, a lot more than Matt has.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, June 09, 2022 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I guess I just don't remember seeing him being controlling about anything other than the property and the business. Amy had her own things she was doing -- her fudge and salsa and speaking engagements. He didn't seem involved in the kids schooling or trying to tell them who to date or where to live. So I just don't recall seeing that. But around the business, yes he has to have involvement with all of it. And he's impulsive about doing projects on the property.

I agree that Amy has grown a lot. Her passiveness in the past bothered me and it's obvious it drove Matt crazy. And Zach was passive and brooding a lot as a kid. I think Tori helped him out of that a bit, but it still appears to be there.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, June 09, 2022 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
See, I didn't see Amy as passive. I saw her as being dominated by Matt, because everything she suggested was wrong somehow. Could she have reacted differently? Maybe, but as I noted people get locked in dysfunction. I know very well what it's like to be married to someone who finds something wrong with everything you do. I'm sure people thought I was passive, but in reality I was just avoiding being told how inadequate I was.

So, that's what I see in Matt. Because I've been there. It doesn't have to be yelling to be bullying. It's just constantly saying you're not right, you're not good enough, my ideas are better, you need to do it my way.

Matt grooms people into passiveness, because he is a) oblivious to their feelings, and b) has to control everything and c) thinks his ideas are so far superior to anyone else's he acts like they are stupid for not doing it his way.

At least that's my view.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Thursday, June 09, 2022 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
FWIW: Just happened to catch S23, E1 at my parents house when they were watching it, and they (Chris, Amy, Zach and Tori) were first talking about the move. Tori does say 45 minutes. Chris says 45 only in the middle of the night and Amy says over an hour.
To be honest I really expected Amy to blame Matt more. But I guess she and Chris really don’t know exactly what went down. Any way you cut it, it is sad. And even if Matt were the real culprit here, WHY would Z and T pull the grands away from Amy? That part makes me super sad for Amy. I mean Z and T could just stop seeing Matt while still living nearby.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Thursday, June 09, 2022 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
I don’t see Matt as creepy or mean. I also think Amy is a lot more chill since the divorce. I think Tori is getting crabbier as she ages. (Pregnant or not.) I think I feel worse for Amy than anyone else with regards to the move.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, June 09, 2022 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I respect that Amy is trying to tread really lightly with Matt, in what she says in public. And she's always been more understanding with the kids.

I do seem to recall her saying that Matt negotiated with Zach as if he wasn't family... and she didn't think that was right. I agree.

I think Zach and Tori wanted some land, she was from there, wasn't she? So just moving closer to her family? (I could be wrong about that). And the house they got there was a lot more house than they could have purchased closer to his family.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, June 09, 2022 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
And by the way, I will just note that watching someone like Matt on tv doesn't really do justice to the day by day by day grind of having someone constantly belittling you. That was Amy's experience, and it was also Zach's. Again, I am going to trust what those who live it every day have to say about it over what we see on TV.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, June 09, 2022 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I feel sad for Amy too as it seemed they lived fairly close to Z and T. She will miss those kids so much. It is also strange to me that Z and T didn't consult her or Chris, who works in real estate, before purchasing the property. I hope they had someone in Tori's family give them a second opinion on it before making such a big move. The new house is beautiful, but the land (mostly the adjoining properties) looked kind of sketchy to me.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, June 09, 2022 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I had understood that they moved closer to Tori’s family in Washington.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, June 09, 2022 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I'm sad for the grandkids and the grandparents. I'm guessing Zach and Tori will now develop a closer relationship with the grands on the other side? Hopefully.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Thursday, June 09, 2022 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
No, Tori’s family might have lived in WA before (they alluded to Tori living there before) but in that episode Chris says, “even your family is here Tori, why move to Battle Ground, it’s so far away?” She had no answer other than BG was a healthy distance from everyone.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Thursday, June 09, 2022 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Watch Episode 1 of season 23, at appx 28 minutes in. They are sitting outside on a patio, I think in Z and T’s backyard in Hillsboro.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, June 09, 2022 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I thought there was some discussion that her family only moved to be closer to her? And that they might move back?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, June 09, 2022 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
People seem to forget the bad side of Matt, here's some insight into his narcissism:

Matt's refusal to act in the family's best interest is not new and can often be seen throughout the early seasons. There were times when Matt would flat out refuse to attend Zach's soccer games because they bored him. TLC cameras even caught Matt deciding whether or not he would attend the twin's high school graduation. This is not the first time Matt has tried his best to control a situation. The Little People, Big World star also left multiple family vacations early and has bad-mouthed his then-wife Amy.

And Zach wrote on instagram:

@mattroloff this post is extremely misguided and false. My dad is manipulating the narrative right before the season comes out. Once again like he has for most his life not taking responsibility for his own actions and blaming others. Dragging the family drama that he created and then manipulate the fan base to make himself come out okay. This post is a new shocking low of cowardice and manipulation of his family and kids for his own gain,"

https://screenrant.com/little-people-big-world-zach-dad-matt-manipulator/

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, June 10, 2022 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Tori thought her parents might move back to Washington, is what I heard her say.

The house is much better suited for a family with 4 LP members (all three children so far and Zach. There are no upper cabinets in the kitchen and the microwave is part of the island area, and this house is all on one floor, whereas their last home had multiple levels and step downs. Matt commented on that as a plus, too.

There were other times when Matt left early from a family vacation and another time when an organization led by Amy for LP had a big event in London that she and Zach were involved in and it was a group that Matt had been active in but apparently was not in charge at that time, so he wouldn't commit to being there to help Amy and then dangled a trip and took Jeremy off on a jaunt around the UK before finally showing up late at Amy's event and it was not pleasing to Zach back then because he was let down. It the past Matt had made Zach attend LP conventions (when Zach was pretty shy) where Matt was a kingpin.

I think Matt lost some power after he was convicted of DUI.

Whatever Matt posted, the fans are often coming out against Zach and especially against Tori. I do think it is unfortunate that they have given some ammunition with statements made on camera, I'm sure at the egging on of TLC, but if Matt is posting crap, I can see why they are so upset.

It seemed that they had been bringing the kids over several times a week to the farm and Matt had always talked of having his kids living there but not just Zach, but also Jeremy, couldn't come to an agreement with him and he changed the actual part of the farm, pulling back some more attractive features that were included in the land he bought from Amy.

And face it, adult kids often move a lot farther away from family than have Zach and Tori. Molly and husband and child are farther.

Matt recently had Jacob and Isabel and Mateo come to Arizona. I suspect he is playing the kids against each other at times.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Saturday, June 11, 2022 - 7:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
I didn’t read anything Matt write. Neither did my parents. And we all (based on what we saw this season so far, cuz I don’t think I saw them in England) think Tori has become somewhat “crabby” to say the least. We used to really like her. Also, to us it seems that Zach is having a temper tantrum of sorts. I’m NOT saying that is what’s happening. It just does look like that if you don’t know more. And honestly no one but Z and T plus M and C know what went down during the negotiations. Which is super unfortunate because how can anyone tell who (if anyone) was being unreasonable.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Saturday, June 11, 2022 - 7:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
If Zach and Tori get disillusioned enough, maybe they will leave the show. And then what? I don’t think Amy and Matt would be enough to keep the show going.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, June 11, 2022 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, the other kids have already left the show, they seem to not want anything to do with it.

While as in all family situations, there's stuff on both sides, I do think Tori's crabbiness is in part because she's been thru so much, and in part because she said something like the last straw was how Matt spoke to Zach in that negotiation. Apparently he was really ugly to him, calling him lazy, etc. So yeah, if you said that to my spouse, I might not like you very much.

There's a lot we don't know, wish they had filmed that discussion. But in the end, I'm inclined to find Matt more at fault, because of his pattern of behavior over time. And he's supposed to be older and wiser.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, June 11, 2022 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They need Zach to keep it about Little People (besides Amy and Matt). To be fair, I think Zach needs the income from TLC, as well. Tori I assume is included in that income but she also has some influencer things going on sometimes.

Tori HAS been through a lot, with the miscarriage and this land squabble, Jackson needing leg surgery, which was put off due to pandemic and she was pregnant when this filming took place and she has been pretty open about having a hard time during pregnancies which probably has her more sensitive than usual too.

Jeremy and Audrey do share pictures of their kids sometimes. jacob and Isabel will not show Mateo's face so all her Instagram pictures have him from the back. They have a cute bear onesie (actually have a larger one now). Not sure what they will do when he starts walking and running around but it certainly is their choice.

I did find some stuff Matt wrote and it was kind of sour sbout Zach and Jeremy as I recall. I don't normally follow Matt, but he follows the kids Insta and one time I was kind of startled when a post I had made to Tori or Isabel got a like from Matt.

However, Matt was invited to Jackson's Lilah's birthday party and Tori sent him pictures that she took of Matt holding Josiah and looking happy so Tori is keeping him in the loop in that way.

The frosty visit shown last week had the kids just up from naps and Tori pointed out that the kids had never seen Matt at the new house, of course and probably would have run to him at his house or their old house. I'm sure they got past that at the birthday party.

Matt's own instagram is full of farm stuff.. giant trucks and such..all that equipment he loves.

But they are in Arizona more lately. Jacob and Isabel and Mateo visited recently and I saw somewhere where Matt posted that his parents have moved to Arizona near them..

The TLC shows are a real mixed blessing.. income and such but you know they egg people on for drama as well.