TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
So You Think You Can Dance - Season 17

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: So You Think You Can Dance - Season 17 users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through December 16, 2022Karuuna25 12-16-22  1:50 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, December 17, 2022 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Karuuna, I'm so, so sorry about your friend. My nephew (my parents raised him after his mother died, so he's more like a little brother to me -- we're very close) tried a couple of times several years ago. His mother took her life when he was 5, and he was the same age (24) as she had been, so in his twisted mind he thought it was "time." Thankfully he wasn't successful.

He has a wife who watches his meds (and him) very carefully. He plays viola in the local college orchestra. His life is very full. He's been stable for years now.

But you're right. You just never know. I feel so bad for Allison and the babies, especially right before Christmas. Such a tragedy.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, December 17, 2022 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
So sorry Karuuna. It's such a mysterious illness, and terrifying that people can be doing well and then take a deadly dive without asking for help. I feel so badly for Twitch's wife and kids.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, December 17, 2022 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Thank you, BabyJax and Brenda. It really was a shock. And there's the inevitable "should I have done more" thoughts running thru my head. And he was a friend, not a spouse.

I can't imagine what tWitch's family is going thru. Nothing is so bad that it's worth hurting them that way. I understand that thinking becomes distorted, but it's important to keep telling people that you aren't ending the pain, you are just giving it to someone else. :-(

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, December 18, 2022 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I was just reading an article online yesterday addressing all the people who say, "Why didn't he get help?" Or "He had so many resources available." Or worst of all, "It's so selfish."

Suicide is a selfish act, but the person who's that lost and depressed isn't able to think of others. They're in so much pain, they just want it to go away and wrongly believe the voices in their head that their loved ones would be "better off" without them. The article was also saying that mental illness actually changes brain chemistry. People suffering from depression and anxiety aren't able to think logically.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/16/opinions/twitch-suicide-be-kind-robbins/index.html

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, December 18, 2022 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I get it, Babyjax... I really do. And I get that it's out of pain and not logic and the pain feels unbearable, unending, and unfixable.

Still, the time to remind people of the very real aftermath is when they aren't in that space, so hopefully they can hang onto it when their demons are screaming at them.

This is why we try making suicide pacts with people suffering from any form of depression. "Promise you'll call me if you get in that space." It usually works. Not always, sadly.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, December 18, 2022 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I know you get it, Karuuna, as do I. We've both been through it. I just thought it was interesting about the changes to the brain. I'd never heard that before.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, December 18, 2022 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yes, that's sadly true. It's also true with long term alcoholism (not related to tWitch), which many people don't know. Not only the chemistry, but also the physiological makeup of the brain, specifically the prefrontal cortex, making it impossible for people to predict the outcome of their actions.

It's just so heartbreaking looking from the outside. I'm sure it looked very different to him. :-(

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, December 22, 2022 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Oh, I think I knew about the alcohol thing, too, Karuuna. I've known a lot of people with alcohol and substance abuse issues. Alcohol especially seems to cause damage to the brain. It's so sad when people are addicted. Most of them want to stop, they just can't.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, March 19, 2023 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I was super sad about Twitch, as he was such a light from the first time I saw him dance.

Suicide.. various reasons, definitely actual brain involvment and despair, inner voices.. Robin Williams with Lewy Body, Naomi Judd and recently Kyle Jacobs (Kellie Pickler's husband). All losses..

Suicide pacts do help, I think, but sometimes those inner voices just push all planning aside.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, March 20, 2023 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Sea, I was so sad to hear about Kelly Pickler's husband, too. Just so sad.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, March 20, 2023 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, I just loved both of them on their reality show, I Love Kellie Pickler, and he was a very accomplished songwriter and musician and very likeable.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, December 05, 2023 - 4:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
SYTYCD Season 18
“Reuniting Cat, Nigel, Allison and Comfort and, welcoming Maksim into the SYTYCD family, is sure to make Season 18 bigger than ever for their legions of fans around the globe.”

Good group…

https://people.com/allison-holker-boss-maks-chmerkovskiy-join-season-18-sytycd-as-judges-8411221

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, December 05, 2023 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
so excited! Love the judges! I wonder whatever happened to Mary

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, December 05, 2023 - 9:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I don’t mind Mary being gone. These new judges will be refreshing. I think Maks will be tough and I like that Allison is there.
The article also indicates that the format will be much different than in the past too.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, December 05, 2023 - 9:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I'll give the show another try (it's been years!) if Maks is now on it.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, December 06, 2023 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I dont mind Mary being gone just curious what she is up to

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, December 06, 2023 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched in years, either. Love the judges, though I also loved Mary too. Comfort, ehhh..

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, December 07, 2023 - 9:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I have watched every season. I'll miss Mary, but I'm happy to have Maks! Very glad Cat is back, she is my favorite host.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, December 08, 2023 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, she is a very likeable host.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, December 30, 2023 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
This in interesting since Nigel is not just a producer but on the panel of this show..

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/paula-abdul-accuses-american-idol-exec-producer-nigel-lythgoe-of-sexual-assault-harassment/ar-AA1mfQZ6

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, December 31, 2023 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
SYTYCD is coming back?! We love this show! I've said so many times how much I've missed it. Looking forward to it. Thanks for the good news!!!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, December 31, 2023 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
sooo excited! I love Cat and am looking forward to the judges!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, December 31, 2023 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Didn’t Matthew Morrison get booted as a judge on this show due to ‘allegations’? So, Nigel should be booted as a judge.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, December 31, 2023 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I had to look up Matthew Morrison.. According to this he was fired over actual text messages.. so there was concrete evidence. I haven't watched this show for some time, will give it a try, I guess.

Nigel may have to be proven guilty, and the timing has to do with statute of limitations, but the timing for SYTYCD is also not the best.

Paula is also alleging pay differences and bad treatment on American Idol.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, January 05, 2024 - 11:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Nigel Lythgoe is out as a judge on SYTYCD.

https://people.com/nigel-lythgoe-will-no-longer-serve-as-sytycd-judge-after-sexual-assault-allegations-8423124

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, January 06, 2024 - 8:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I have heard rumors about him for years. I expect more girls to come forward

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, January 06, 2024 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
He always seemed a bit creepy to me on the show.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, January 06, 2024 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
A couple more came forward from another show.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: