TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 08, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Little People; Big World: Archive through June 08, 2022 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, February 05, 2022 - 8:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It was a surprise. Not a big fan of Matt, but he obviously reads the replies. I'd think it would be a mixe bag since so many people seem to think they need to spew opinions and trash talk. Izzy and Tori have really supportive fans, though. Amy gets lots of positive but enough negative along with it.

But it must be hard for a parent to probably want to respond to some of the stuff said to their kids.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Monday, June 06, 2022 - 10:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
What are the chances that Tori and Zach have an average height child? They are 3/3 dwarf children. Is it 50/50? For Matt and Amy wasn’t it also 50/50?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, June 07, 2022 - 4:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
2 OF HER BOYS WERE NORMAL SIZE AND ONE A LITTLE PERSON.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Tuesday, June 07, 2022 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
OG, I meant the chances, NOT the reality. And yes, she has 1/4 LP and 3/4 average.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 07, 2022 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Just a reminder on probabilities. Each new child has the same probability of being average size (or not). It doesn't matter how many kids they had previously.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, June 07, 2022 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
https://nypost.com/2022/05/13/little-people-big-world-family-farm-for-sale-for-4m/

The Roloff’s live in the Portland Metro area. Their farm is for sale.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, June 07, 2022 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I should say, a portion of the farm is for sale.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 07, 2022 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
The portion Zach wanted to buy?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, June 07, 2022 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Not sure. Some is the part that he bought from Amy.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, June 07, 2022 - 4:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
yes it's the house that zach had thought about buying. It's the big house, with the LP friendly kitchen, etc. It includes some of the fun play areas like the old town I believe.

It will be very strange to see it sold off to strangers. Zach apparently tried to lowball buy it and Matt said no way. Their discussion ended badly and Zach moved to Washington, about an hour away. I think Matt and Zach are too alike in many ways and Zach and Amy are so alike in many ways, that's it's not surprising they couldn't come to a deal. Not sure why Amy didn't just sell her part to Zach and not to Matt. Family drama!

Honestly the last ep of this show made Zach and Tori both look really immature and petty IMO.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, June 07, 2022 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
It may have been in the divorce decree, when they split the property. Matt may have had first refusal if she chose to sell her part of the property.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 07, 2022 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I don't think Zach was ready to make that decision sooner, and Matt was really pressuring Amy to sell him her part.

Personally, I think Matt was the problem. Any reasonable granddad would be thrilled to keep the property in the family and have his grandkids next door, even if he didn't make as much profit.

Amy sold the house to him for $667,000, then another 32 acre portion to him for just under $1 million (reportedly). Zach offered more than that combined amount to his dad (reportedly). Matt is now asking for $4 million (factually) for about 15 acres. See where the problem is?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, June 07, 2022 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Except, the area that he lives in, Hillsboro, is quite desirable with massive increases in property values in the last 2 years. It’s in Oregon’s silicon forest, where there are multiple Intel and other high tech plants. The Nike headquarters is very close too. The property will sell for $4mio and probably be subdivided for a new housing division because that is what has happened to farm lands in that area. Amy sold it for too little to him.

When I grew up, that entire area was beautiful farmland. Now, it is not that at all… it’s becoming suburban sprawl.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Tuesday, June 07, 2022 - 9:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Matt might have been greedy?? Too hard to tell. Maybe he was trying to be fair to ALL his kids. How could he give a super deal to JUST ONE of them?? I agree with Brenda, Zach and Tori did look immature, mainly Tori. But they are doing something quite right with Jackson! That kid is awesome!! It was so sweet when he said Amy was the best Mimi in the world.
Why did they move a full hour away? That part is odd because it’s like Amy gets just as punished as Matt… (assuming they were moving to get far away from Matt??)

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Tuesday, June 07, 2022 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Also it’s kind of sad that back in the day Matt tried to get Amy to be less messy. And she wouldn’t. But she did for Chris.
I like Amy a lot better these days.
Anyone know anything about Caryn’s family? Like how many kids does she have and how old are they?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, June 07, 2022 - 9:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Battleground, Washington is technically about an hour or longer away from Hillsboro, but a good chunk of the time would be due to traffic on I5 north. If you live in the Portland area, Battleground doesn’t seem that far away even with the hour drive. I live close to the OR WA border and it would still take me about 35 minutes or more to get to Battleground from my place, just because of traffic.

So, why Washington.... easy answer... cost of living.....housing prices are cheaper than Oregon, no property tax, no income taxes. Basically, it’s a cheaper place to live than Oregon.... although, the housing prices are starting to change there now. I know a number of people who moved across the river because it was cheaper for them. Oregon, while we don’t have sales tax, the property and state income taxes can be substantial.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Tuesday, June 07, 2022 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Are schools better in WA? Some of Adam’s birth family who live in Portland say the schools aren’t so great because they don’t have $ that sales tax would bring schools.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, June 07, 2022 - 10:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Some areas in SW Washington have great schools, from what I’ve heard. Some not so good. It depends on the area.
Some of the Portland proper schools have issues mainly due to school board decisions over the years, but you hit the Oregon suburbs of Hillsboro, Beaverton, Lk Oswego, etc... they improve. Portland schools cut costs many years ago and are still paying for it. They are starting to update a number of the older buildings now. I don’t think it has anything to do with sales taxes. We pay plenty of income and property tax that are allocated to the schools, but it’s not always used well. Again, poor decisions by the school board would be my take on why Portland schools may not be as good as the suburbs.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, June 08, 2022 - 4:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
RE THE ROLOFFS, I FORGOT THEIR DAUGHTER MOLLY WHO IS ALSO NORMAL SIZE.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, June 08, 2022 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, if Roloff dad gave the property to Zach for half price, what does that say to the other kids? At one point I think the other twin was interested. The youngest kid has been on the farm a lot lately helping out his dad. I do agree it is very sad that he's selling it off to strangers and it won't stay in the family, but I don't think it should have just been handed over to Zach who really hasn't shown he has the work ethic to run it. Honesty I think only Molly has a real full time job out of all of these kids. I think the rest live mostly off of show royalties and little vanity projects.

I also love how Amy seems open to change with Chris -- trying to be neater, etc. And I enjoy how they all try to get along -- matt, Carin, Amy and Chris. Chris has been a positive and calming force in the family it seems.

And yes, Tory and Zach's son is just a ray of sunshine. But last night's Ep, Tori was again just being a mopey, pouty person. I really don't like this side of her. Kids pick up on that kind of cool vibe toward grandpa. Time to grow up.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 08, 2022 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
The property will sell for $4mio and probably be subdivided for a new housing division because that is what has happened to farm lands in that area. Amy sold it for too little to him.

He has stated publicly that it can't be subdivided. He wanted to break it into smaller parcels for his children. and yes, Amy probably sold it for too little. But that's the difference between Matt and Amy. One is purely profit motivated. The other is relationship motivated.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 08, 2022 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Battleground, Washington is technically about an hour or longer away from Hillsboro

Just an FYI, they said repeatedly on the show (all three parties) that the drive was 45 minutes one way.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 08, 2022 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Tori was again just being a mopey, pouty person

I was like that for much of my pregnancy too. Can't say I blame her for not wanting to be around an unpleasant person when I feel like crap.

And the kids don't like him either. So pay attention... when they see Mimi they go running to her. When they see Matt, not so much.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 08, 2022 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Maybe he was trying to be fair to ALL his kids. How could he give a super deal to JUST ONE of them??

Just another FYI. Matt offered to put the farm in a trust for all of his children. They declined. The children don't seem to get along well either? Not sure.

That said, it was offered to the others, and they refused. I still think it would have been better to keep it in the family... and now they have a broken relationship with their son, and very limited contacted with the grandkids in that family. No amount of money is worth that...

I think the problem wasn't necessarily the offer. Zach said he thought he was starting with a reasonable *starting* offer and was prepared to negotiate, but the response from his dad - attacking Zach's work ethic and generally being a bully made him decide not to continue negotiating.

And I believe that of Matt. He is horribly condescending, and single minded. His way is the only way. I think this was the culmination of years of that kind of treatment.

Funny, he doesn't usually treat Karyn that way, or at least we don't see it.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, June 08, 2022 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Kar… it is technically a 45 minute drive by mileage …. If there is no traffic on HWY 26 and I5. If they are doing it in 45 minutes, good for them. I’d like to know the secret to getting through Portland on I5 so quickly.