TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 15, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Talent/Variety Shows: America's Got Talent: Archive through September 15, 2021 users admin

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, August 18, 2021 - 4:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Johnny Showcase last night wasn't as good as their audition, but I still enjoyed it. Johnny Showcase for the win!!! Good Las Vegas act.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, August 18, 2021 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Bye, Johnny.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, September 01, 2021 - 9:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Just watched last night's semi-finals show. I absolutely agree with Simon that Korean Soul is just off in their harmonies. Somebody is seriously off key. I noticed it in their previous performances, and it's been driving me crazy! I'm so glad somebody finally heard it besides me!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, September 02, 2021 - 3:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I am so sad that Tory Vagasy went home. She looked and sounded like a Disney princess come to life. I know she works as a party princess, but I think she is on her way to being a mega star.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, September 02, 2021 - 8:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I’m happy that Simon is judging rather than just being a cheerleader.

Did the magician go through? I thought he was pretty good. I watch the magic acts very closely to try to figure out how they do these things. I thought I had it figured out until he produced all the pages with their written answers. Unless the AGT judges are part of the trick and their answers are predetermined, I don’t see how he did it.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Thursday, September 02, 2021 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched it yet, Jimmer, but he better have gotten through...otherwise the voters are idiots! LOL. I'll let you know after lunch :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, September 02, 2021 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The Magician stayed.

This is who went home.

Tory Vagasy (singer)
Beyond Belief Dance Company (wild card)
Korean Soul (vocal quartet)
Madilyn Bailey (singer)
Peter Rosalita (singer)
Winslow the sounds guy.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Thursday, September 02, 2021 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I just watched, and for the most part I agree with who went home and who stayed.

The only thing that absolutely flabbergasted me was in the instant save...I can't believe that America voted for Jimmie Herrod over the World Taekwondoe team....yes he's a great singer, but what the team can do is absolutely mesmerizing and amazing.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Thursday, September 02, 2021 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Looking at the performers for next week's show, it's going to be tough to get them down to 5.

Just looking at them, I have 7 that I think should go through, so I'm bound to be disappointed. I guess it will boil down to how well their performances go on Tuesday night.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, September 02, 2021 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the updates, Naja and Scooter!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, September 03, 2021 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I am so sad that Tory Vagasy went home. She looked and sounded like a Disney princess come to life.

100% agree, Naja. I'm not sorry to see her go. She was a great singer, but there were other more talented people there. I kept thinking that Disney should hire her to be a princess in one of their parks. She would be perfect for that!

Scooter, I disagree with you about Jimmie Herrod vs. the World Taekwondo Team. I think he's an amazing singer, and not everyone is into the marshal arts.

Hubby correctly predicted who would be the final 5 from the end of the first night's show. I pretty much agreed with him, though I did love the Beyond Belief girls. So stinkin' cute! They should have their own TV show.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, September 03, 2021 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Babyjax, he is an amazing singer, but I am partial to the talent...there are so many shows for singers, but I do think he was the best of the bunch. I'm not into marshal arts, but they are SO MUCH more than that. Their routines are amazing.

I loved Beyond Belief, too. I just think the talent this year is at such a high level, it's tough.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, September 03, 2021 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Oh Goodness. I didn't mean Disney should hire Tory as a princess for the theme parks, I meant they should hire her for the star of movies. I thought she was the best singer on the show, and the most beautiful as well.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, September 03, 2021 - 9:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
If you have Netflix watch Dancing Queen. It is about Alyssa and Beyond Belief. Kind of Dance Moms meets Drag Race. A little campy but I enjoyed it.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Saturday, September 04, 2021 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Just because I take Taekwondo, I need to do a spell check when errors shows up more then once …..it is martial arts (not marshal arts)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, September 04, 2021 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I didn't mean Disney should hire Tory as a princess for the theme parks, I meant they should hire her for the star of movies.

Either one works for me.

it is martial arts (not marshal arts)

Sorry about that. Spellcheck didn't offer me that choice. 🙄

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, September 08, 2021 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Josh Blue made it through. He should be much funnier in the finals. Simon told him to be naughtier. He should tell the joke about everybody's going to hell for laughing at him.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, September 08, 2021 - 11:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I never like little kids with "big voices". Unicyle Flow should have stayed and Victory Brinker should have gone.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Thursday, September 09, 2021 - 8:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I haven't watch yet, but Corordeagua I agree with you! I knew she would end up going through, but I said aloud, "she shouldn't make it". She's too young to have a show in Vegas singing every night. People don't think about those things.

Vsmart

02-09-2003

Thursday, September 09, 2021 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
Unicycle Flow was better. Singers can do a new song every week, but the other acts have to come up with new and more difficult routines.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, September 10, 2021 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I truly believe the judges put Victory through cause they didn't want to break her heart. Unicycle Flow was much more unique and entertaining. They are also more of a Vegas act.

I'm with you, Colordeagua. I'm not a fan of precocious children. I wonder if she keeps singing if she'll be a viable opera singer when she gets older. Victory has a good sense of pitch, but I found her voice screechy and her vibrato too fast (sounds like a goat bleating). She is a beautiful little girl, though.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, September 10, 2021 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I enjoy watching the performance shows (I confess I fast-forward through most of the backstories and some performances) but I've decided that I just can't watch the results. It's just too frustrating. Too many fairly standard acts (often with accompanying emotional backstories) succeed at the expense of more unique and talented performers. I understand a lot of people enjoy that (which is why they do it) and people can certainly vote for whoever they like and for whatever reason, but it's just not for me.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, September 11, 2021 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I go into it with the attitude of whoever they put through doesn't really matter to me, I'll just enjoy the performances. I try not to get too invested, so as not to be frustrated. I wasn't a big Cody Lee fan. He wasn't that great a singer overall, but it was his backstory that put him through. It is amazing that he can sing and play the way he does (especially since he's blind and has to just memorize everything), but he's not that great a singer. Sometimes it seems exploitative to me, although he does seem to enjoy performing.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, September 14, 2021 - 11:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Final performances tonight. For me it has to be the first singer (Jimmie) or the boy on the high ribbons. The judges did their normal “everyone was amazing” thing, but I thought there weren’t that many stand outs.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, September 15, 2021 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Disappointed. Magic wins again. Aerialist came in second.