TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 28, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Relationships: Married At First Sight on FYI (formerly the Biography channel): Archive through February 28, 2022 users admin

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, January 27, 2022 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Didn't see the aftershow. No idea how to access it here in Canada. Did she say WHY she's TERRIFIED of him?

All I see is her being sour and aloof, and not bothering to hide the fact she clearly feels cheated by the producers' choice for her. She treats him like he's beneath her. That doesn't spell fear to me but condescension. It's her right to feel disappointed. Her behaviour is another thing.

I 100% believe that if he was classically handsome and charismatic, with beautiful teeth, she'd be a happy camper and would feel she'd gotten her best match, and make the effort, although her true self would eventually leak through.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 27, 2022 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Mameblanche, because she was projecting. The description the friends gave him was exactly how she was treated in a relationship that she left that tore away at her self esteem, being treated condescendingly and as if she was worth less. So, it kicked up the fear that she was getting into the same place.

I would add, that her lack of attraction to him mattered a great deal also. But her fear/tears on the after show were real. In my opinion.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, January 27, 2022 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I have to wonder what she thought she signed up for, afraid to sleep in the same room with a stranger you married him lady! I agree with Mameblanche, not a nice person. JMO

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, January 28, 2022 - 7:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
That Olajawan will be hard to handle as much as Lindsay. He bolsters up at everyone and everybody. He’s immature and has low self esteem. I would have loved to have seen the altercation between he and Lindsay. I think the truth lies in the middle.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, January 28, 2022 - 7:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Also did I understand Mark to say “the situation” with his Mom is that she’s mentally ill? I heard bits and pieces and didn’t rewind to get the full story. Something about she’s tried to come home but ends up staying at the facility. Tried to come home, where’s home? It’s not with Mark hopefully. Eventually she may come home but that would be a dealbreaker if it was home to Marks house. That would not be good for newlyweds.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Friday, January 28, 2022 - 8:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Yes, Lakecat I agree with everything you've said. Olajawan even said to Katina she's hasn't even seen him go off yet. I'm glad he was at least respectful to Mark. Lindsey's a problem but maybe with Mark's support she will learn to moderate and maybe drink less. And yes, it did sound like his mother has mental health issues.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Friday, January 28, 2022 - 8:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
I agree, Lazylu. She just doesn't find Chris attractive and she wants nothing to do with him. She actually said she got "gypped" SMH She doesn't want someone who is condescending and yet she mocks him for trying to be agreeable and says something like he is going to "yes her to death". Her body language is atrocious. If I was one of the other wives I would be tempted to tell her to quit rubbing up against my husband and go find her own. She is horrid, didn't even try to get to know Chris and no empathy at all.

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Monday, February 07, 2022 - 8:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I found a website where I can watch the latest season of MAFS Australia. It's on multiple nights a week so there have already been 6 episodes. It's much more enjoyable to watch than the US version.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, February 17, 2022 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Thank goodness Chris

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, February 17, 2022 - 4:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Snoops, where is that site? I am so curious about MAFS Australia.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 17, 2022 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Lazylu, I agree. I'm sure that Alyssa's claim that she wanted to "start from where they were" was just as disingenuous as all her other proclamations. She just wanted the "experience." At Chris' expense.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Thursday, February 17, 2022 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Yeah, Alyssa didn't like being left out so she was proposing something she didn't really mean. In the past it seems all of the apartments had two bedrs. If she really wanted "the experience" she should have agreed to stay in one of the bedrooms and fake through the rest of the time they had. That doesn't sound too intimate or too trying, but when she has already declared that she hated him, made up a lot of reasons not to be around him, I'm glad he called it. At last he had the power to end it for her.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 17, 2022 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Good reminder about the second bedroom Chieko. She just didn't try at all. I wish she would have just admitted that she was not attracted to him at all, and that was really it for her. All the rest were just rationalizations.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Thursday, February 17, 2022 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Did anyone else notice how Alyssa tried to slur his profession by saying he was a car salesman (read here "used car salesman") except he sold houses. SMH

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Friday, February 18, 2022 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Mame, it's shvideos dot net. I love MAFS AU!
Great website, I'm watching Survivor Blood v Water with Queen Sandra and her daughter too.

Finding this season of MAFS very disappointing and had been looking forward to it since I live in the Boston area. Was happy to see Chris stand up for himself, take control, and walk away from Alyssa. There was no excuse for her treatment of him.
I'm not interested in any of the remaining couples. Find them boring and none of them look like they will work out in the long run.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Friday, February 18, 2022 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Find them boring and none of them look like they will work out in the long run.

I agree, it was kind of a depressing episode.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, February 18, 2022 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I find this season better than last season. Jasmine seems difficult.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Saturday, February 19, 2022 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, yes she does seem a tad difficult. :-)

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Saturday, February 19, 2022 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Lyndsey seems proud of the fact the is "a lot". She had better tone it down or she is going to end up with "a lot" of nothing. Wouldn't hurt to slow down or quit the drinking either. O and Katrina might work, but he would drive me nuts and I think she is a mean girl.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, February 19, 2022 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
There's a lot of difficult folk on this one.

Lindsay is overbearing, she would drive me crazy.
Mark has an extremely messy life to bring someone into!

Jasmina seems unattracted to Michael, and he's not helping.

Olajuwon? Nope. Cook your own damn dinner. Katina seems to like him, so she is going along for now, but that won't last.

I like Noi for the most part. Was surprised about how rigid she was over the number of children. She seems fairly easygoing over everything else, including accepting a guy that seems pretty free-spirited. I don't care if Steve doesn't get a 9 to 5, but he needs to be working and helping to support a family that he seems to want!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, February 19, 2022 - 10:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thanks Snoops! 🫂

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, February 27, 2022 - 6:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Noi over reacted with the noodle thing. Jasmine still seems cold, Katina a mean girl and I was about to say…looks like Lindsay is calming down and then there was the bathroom scene.

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Sunday, February 27, 2022 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I think this is the most unlikeable group ever. The Australia version is much more enjoyable.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, February 28, 2022 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
The Australian version they aren't really married. Seems to me much more drama though it is a very interesting show. On our version the last 2 seasons have had a lot of unlikable people. It's a trend. :-)

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Monday, February 28, 2022 - 4:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I think the Australian version is smart to call it an experiment and not have them get legally married. Since most of the matches fail it would be easier not to have to go through a divorce.
On the US version last season I liked Bao, Brett and Gil. This season I'm trying to like Mark because he seems to so desperately want a lasting relationship, but he's not exactly charismatic, doesn't have much of a personality and doesn't seem to be the sharpest tool in the shed. I also want to like Lindsay, but that viscious side of her that comes out is so off-putting. Her treatment of Mark is abusive.
The rest of them I really have no opinion of. They are all just generic and vanilla with no outstanding qualities or personalities.
I think Chris was probably the most likeable and that's only because he got so much personal screen time.