TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Beyond the Edge

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Beyond the Edge users admin

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, April 02, 2022 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
New show with celebrities competing in an outdoor adventure. I haven’t watched it yet so I’m a little out of the loop with how it works.

It’s on CBS following Survivor.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, April 02, 2022 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I've been watching this. Felt bad about Metta dropping out so early, but I do get that anxiety is probably a legitimate excuse.

I thought the last mission was too brutal for non athletes. Sometimes it seems the shortcut is really a BIG advantage, sometimes not so much. This time, that SWIM was way too long. I felt bad for Jodi.

Kearie

07-21-2005

Saturday, April 02, 2022 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kearie a private message Print Post    
I really enjoy this show because of how much you get to know the various celebrities. Jodie Sweeten from Full House is an amazing woman. I never thought much about her but I am amazed by her strength and empathy.

There are a couple country music stars, Lauren Alina and Craig Morgan and they are also wonderful.
Football stars. Wasn't there an Ebony on BB? She is on this show.

They all encourage and support each other in a way they don't on survivor. The show is more about competing against one's self rather than each other.

If you haven't watched it, I recommend watching one episode. It's on CBS immediately following Survivor.

Kearie

07-21-2005

Saturday, April 02, 2022 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kearie a private message Print Post    
I felt bad for Jodi also but her courage and persistence amazed me. I would have drowned if I had to swim that after that long run. All the celebrities are inspiring to me.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, April 02, 2022 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
The individual personalities emerging from each of the celebs have been very enjoyable to watch.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, April 02, 2022 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think this Eboni is from one of the Real Housewives shows.

I also like how they switch teams for every competition. And no one gets voted off the island. :-)

Kearie

07-21-2005

Saturday, April 02, 2022 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kearie a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed seeing Lauren go from hating her body to liking and appreciating it. I enjoy hearing them talk openly about their personal journeys

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, April 02, 2022 - 9:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I've watched Beyond the Edge. Good, but not great. May not have watched at all if not for Mike Singletary -- '85 Bears!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, April 02, 2022 - 9:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Remind me to start watching it, please.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, April 02, 2022 - 11:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I have been watching.

Hasn't Metta quite other shows?

And he was talking about quitting from the first day. But he did bring some money to his charity and got some airtime.

There are some good supportive people there, I'd say.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Monday, April 04, 2022 - 6:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I have been watching this, and I really enjoy it.

Kearie

07-21-2005

Wednesday, April 06, 2022 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kearie a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, have you been able to watch it yet? What did you think?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 06, 2022 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Reminder - this is on tonight, after Survivor!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, April 06, 2022 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I haven't seen it yet. But I am still planning to watch. :-)

Kearie

07-21-2005

Thursday, April 07, 2022 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kearie a private message Print Post    
Last night's episode was the worst of the three. IMHO The competition was pretty easy compared to the others. The changes in Lauren are neat to watch and I really liked the fact that Paulina didn't get picked last for the team comp.

I don't like that Jody seems to be thinking about quitting because she's on the bottom (earning money for her charity) I understand if she has to quit due to weakness or her body failing her.

Not sure which guy it was that was pondering quitting, but I wonder if his kids would be disappointed in him if he quit? Which would drive you? Wanting to spend time with your kids so you quit or stick it out to be a role model for your kids.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, April 07, 2022 - 9:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I think it's Metta World Peace.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Sunday, April 10, 2022 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Reminder, this week's Apr 13 Survivor is 2 hrs BUT stick around! BTE starts 1hr late so we don't miss it.

After reading here, Kid Sis & I started binge-watching and have REALLY enjoyed. Now we have to impatiently wait for it to show each week. I didn't know ANY of the players, so it's a whole new cast of characters with interesting stories to tell.

I love how supportive they are for each other, no backbiting or conniving. Refreshing! I still bet the team that won pillows & blankets were sharing that first night before being told they could share. Some of the challenges seem way too rough IMO, worried that someone will get badly hurt!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, April 14, 2022 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Sad that Lauren had to leave, and it was not her choice, but she was too injured. Jodie and Ebony are kind of annoying. Lots of repetition. Still kind of interesting.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, May 20, 2022 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Did anyone watch this? I loved it!

Sea, how was Jodie annoying? I didn't see that at all, I was so impressed by what a trooper she was!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, May 20, 2022 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I did! Loved the end, ESPECIALLY when Colton stopped to helped Ray when Ray hit his head on that branch. He could have just run by to give himself an advantage... but he did not. What a great thing to see.

66mustang

07-01-2011

Friday, May 20, 2022 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send 66mustang a private message Print Post    
It was refreshing to see a reality/competition show where the contestants were cooperative with each other rather than competitive. No alliances, no backstabbing, no blindsiding, no voting out. I enjoyed all of the contestants, even those who I suspected I wouldn't. Jodie was a trooper fighting through her difficulties throughout, then graciously sacrificing herself near the end so Coach could continue. And Colton stopping to help Ray during the final adventure was truly heartwarming. The only downside was the over-the-top ridiculous host, whom I googled to find out that he is primarily a (surprise!) MMA announcer/commentator ...

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 20, 2022 - 9:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Challenge was brutal.

Colton stopping to help Ray was such a highlight. I had already been rooting for him with Coach because the country singer kind of annoyed me (in comparison, all four were strong0

And Jodie giving her spot to Coach was good and for the right reason, as she didn't want to drag someone down. And the problems with her eardrums had to be SO painful!

And of course the fact that they were all playing for their charities was great and gave those organizations some publicity.

There were friendships made for life out there.

I was kind of hoping when the fireworks went off that all the contestants would appear to cheer for them. I know that would have added to production costs, but would have been really nice.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: