TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 24, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dancing With The Stars Season 30: Archive through February 24, 2022 users admin

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, December 01, 2021 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I just read three things:

On ET...Sarah Hartshorne, who competed on the show during 2007's cycle nine, alleged on Twitter that she and the other contestants were given "$40 a day, no residuals, and we had to pay for food."

On THE US Sun...Execs are searching for an A-list celebrity to replace the 47-year-old amid the show’s ratings plummet, a source exclusively told The Sun. In light of the past season’s low ratings, DWTS will not return to its twice annual broadcast next year (thanks Tyra). Executives will meet with ABC bosses in the New Year to "map out 2022.”

And....The Dancing with the Stars host, 47, has put her five-bedroom, six-bathroom home on the market for $7.8 million. The listing, which is held by Heidi Lake of Sotheby's International Realty and James Respondek of Rodeo Realty, features a pool and two-car garage, plus a water and ocean view.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, December 02, 2021 - 7:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Sincebb1: I remember way back when Lisa Vanderpump was on DWTS (which was my first season), she said something about having to buy her meals every day when they practiced.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, December 02, 2021 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I kind of got the feeling from Amanda Kloots instagram that she brought her lunch/food to practice.

Are the ABC bosses so daft that they don't realize what a mistake they made in firing their excellent hosts? DUH!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, December 02, 2021 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
They'll never admit it, even if they do.

I Googled and found out that most of the stars are offered $125,000 for the season, with increases if they stay till the final weeks ($10,000 a week after weeks three and four). I think some have negotiated for more. I could afford to buy my lunch every day if I was making $125,000 for just a few weeks of work. But I do admit it's tacky not to provide lunch. It's not like the producers can't afford it.

"Celebs who make it to weeks three and four get an additional $10,000 per week, while those who make it to week five get a bonus of $15,000. Weeks six and seven bring an added $20,000 per week. Those who last until weeks eight and nine receive an extra $30,000 per week."

https://stylecaster.com/dancing-with-the-stars-salaries/

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, December 02, 2021 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
The girls on ANTM were young impressionable girls from meager backgrounds, sequestered in an apartment together. They didn't get to go home after filming. For the most part, they seemed sort of brainwashed. I felt sorry for most of them.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, December 02, 2021 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Sadly, I don't think Tom and Erin would come back even if the ABC bigwigs begged them.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, December 04, 2021 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Sincebb1, what is ANTM and how does it relate to DWTS? I'm confused.

I don't think DWTS producers would ever hire back Tom and Erin. That would be admitting that they made a mistake in firing them. I think they were trying to save money by firing them and hiring someone who would work for less than what Tom and Erin's combined salaries must have been. I expect them to hire someone totally new. Hope they get someone good this time, and we can all forget the nightmare of the pat two seasons.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, December 04, 2021 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Okay, I just saw a story on another web site about the contestants on America's Next Top Model only being paid $40 a day and having to pay for their own food. I get what you're talking about now, but not what it has to do with DWTS (except for Tyra).

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, December 04, 2021 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Baby I was just responding to previous posts. The articles about people not liking Tyra on her own show ANTM or DWTS. The news articles of her actions on both shows and Lisa Vanderpump complaining they didn't feed her lunch lol...etc.

Lexie, Tom would never go back. Not on its present network with any of the past producers.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, December 04, 2021 - 11:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I never watched ANTM but was not fond of Tyra on America's Got Talent.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, December 05, 2021 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
She was pretty bad. Khloe was almost better than her lol

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, December 05, 2021 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
She certainly had her flaws on ANTM but at least it was a show built around her and a subject that she knew something about. Her hosting of AGT and DWTS is just annoying.

Maybe they could get one of the more popular and famous former celebrity dancers to host. I’m trying to think of who would be good?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, December 05, 2021 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I read that Cheryl thinks this could be her last year dancing on the show. Maybe she would make a good host? I've always liked her, and she's been on the show so long, she understands how it works.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, December 05, 2021 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
You know who would be great? Bruno. But I don't want to lose him as a judge. Or Derek and his sister. Ooooo how about Mario Lopez? I mean he's not Tom Bergeron but he's better than Tyra LOL

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, December 05, 2021 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Derek and his sister would be good. Mario is as fake as Tyra

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, December 05, 2021 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I'm just thinking who has quick wit and knows dancing LOL or Bobby Bones but I don't think they want to reopen that can of worms

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, December 05, 2021 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Vanna White? Lol

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, December 05, 2021 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Thing is Tyra is getting paid as an executive producer plus as a host. I wonder if they would/could let go of her as the executive producer, if they replaced her as host? In addition to the money she's making she becomes relevant again. She is front and center on TV. I would rather she doesn't even have the opportunity to weigh in on decisions regarding the show.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, December 06, 2021 - 5:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
You know who I think would be a good host? Alfonso Ribeiro (Carlton from Prince of Bel Air). He was a great dancer, and I think he judged a couple of times. He has the personality to pull off the hosting job.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, December 06, 2021 - 8:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Any of those people would be better than Tyra!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, December 06, 2021 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I agree LOL for the most part we can only go up

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, December 06, 2021 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I love Alfonso, Lexie! That's a great idea!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, December 06, 2021 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Bobby Bones might be good too. He not used much on AI.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, February 24, 2022 - 11:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
2 personal heartrending video messages from Maksim Chmerkovskiy of DWTS, who is in the Ukraine, (where he's been a judge on DWTS Ukrain).

https://www.instagram.com/p/CaXDCGrgAhk/?utm_medium=copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CaXEYnAgr_b/?utm_medium=copy_link

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 24, 2022 - 11:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Really scary for him.