TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 27, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Relationships: Married At First Sight on FYI (formerly the Biography channel): Archive through January 27, 2022 users admin

Chieko

11-20-2003

Thursday, December 30, 2021 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Oh dear. These couples just do not look good to me. The girls are pretty interesting and attractive but not so much the men. A guy that doesn't even have a job?!! A guy with three cats that is responsible for his sick mother and disabled grandmother?! They really couldn't do better than this?

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, December 30, 2021 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I was watching yesterday and had some thoughts

1. When matching, saying something like she will take him out of his comfort zone or he will challenge her is the kiss of death.

2, the guy out of work. He's a sales engineer .???? What is that. Now when I was between jobs often, I knew I could always get a great paying job when I wanted it. I would take vacations and only had one dry spot where I struggled. Whatever, this guy does not seem quite so settled. Not to mention how sales tends to make me think this guy is selling himself through the show as if it has ever been done successfully.

3. I thought Dr what's her name was going to quit after last season.

Looked up sales engineer. Said sells technology to businesses. Then says job stressful because salary dependent on commissions. I,e, no secure business model.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, December 30, 2021 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Hmm my TV schedule doesn’t show this until tonight.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, January 01, 2022 - 2:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Dr pepper.

That is her name. I thought she was going to quit after last year.

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Saturday, January 01, 2022 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Just watched the show with the panel that predicts the outcome of the season with Kevin Frazier.
Looks like another disaster. The scene with Lindsay, the blond marrying Mark the Shark hammered, belching and stumbling to the alter made Virginia from Season 12 look sober.
I'd like to know the timing for when this show was filmed since it showed the happy couple of Bao and Zack dating and falling in love. Obviously, it was before his cheating scandal.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, January 01, 2022 - 11:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
on reddit there are some spoilers that say
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Alyssa and Chris don't make it much past the honeymoon. Another person used to see Mark in a restaurant where he worked and remembered him as obnoxious and hitting on women who worked there Sounds like another winner.

It is a little early for spoilers but they are ut there.
Mofoluwashayomi
·
20 days ago
Someone who lives in Boston knows a friend of Olajuwon. The person said that he is still married that he just got a new house with his wife.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, January 06, 2022 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I started to read it and then decided I didn’t want to be spoiled. I read your first sentence and I’m not surprised( her I bet).

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, January 06, 2022 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I hope Mark and Lindsey make it. It seems like they both want it badly, but she needs to calm down and use some filters. His mother and grandmother are in a nursing home and not living with him, right?

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, January 06, 2022 - 4:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
That’s how I understand it. Ones in a nursing home and one is in long term rehab. I’m wondering if a cat or two he has was his mothers. He’s not very attractive so Its a good thing looks arent important to Lindsay,I hope he’s super sweet. She’s exhausting, hopefully it’s just nervous energy and she’ll calm down.

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Thursday, January 06, 2022 - 4:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I would like to see Mark and Lindsay make it too.
I've lived in Massachusetts my whole life and he is a stereotypical type of Boston guy. A bit loud and obnoxious, but his heart is in the right place.
I have a soft spot for a guy taking care of his aging Mom and Grandmom.
Hopefully Lindsay will see how special this makes him since she has such an unhealthy relationship with her own Mom.
Hoping they embrace being a 5 cat couple! Nothing wrong with that in my book!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, January 07, 2022 - 6:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Who doesn’t love a guy that just wants to don matching PJs and watch Christmas movies. That alone,ought to endear her.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, January 07, 2022 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think in the preshow, Mark explained that he offered to rescue one, and got a pair. And the third cat is a "roommate's".

And I totally cringed when Lindsay said she'd have to get rid of her two cats. I presume it was a joke, but goodness.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Friday, January 07, 2022 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
And I totally cringed when Lindsay said

My husband totally cringed every time Lyndsay opened her mouth.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, January 07, 2022 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
hahahaha... there's some truth to that here too. But that comment about getting rid of her cats was WAY over the line for me.

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Friday, January 07, 2022 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Kar, I cringed at the comment about getting rid of her cats too, but do think she was kidding.
I was more put off by all the comments by the "experts" putting down cat people.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Thursday, January 13, 2022 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
I know Dr. Pepper in person (I know her as Dr. Schwartz) and she is a professor of Sociology and Sexuality. I have a hard time reconciling her involvement in this show and taking her seriously on the screen.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 13, 2022 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well, for those who think she was joking about too many cats, she made clear last night, that she was not. :-(

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Thursday, January 20, 2022 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Production hit a new low during last night's show. I felt so bad for Chris. Alyssa's behavior and attitude was bad enough, but every time she mentioned looks or teeth they showed the most unflattering ahots of Chris focusing on his teeth from all angles. It was the equivalent of bullying.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, January 27, 2022 - 1:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Alyssa seems to be in denial. Everything she does is being considerate, every thing he does is evil.

I think she had second thoughts and did not want to go thru with it, but does not want to pay the fines in backing out.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Thursday, January 27, 2022 - 7:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Or she wants to take advantage of her free vacation and the company of the other couples. She should have to pay a penalty, though, for the cost of an extra room. She is definitely gaslighting Chris. Her criticisms of him hold no water. We should have known that anyone that buys 10 wedding dresses could be a problem. Yet her Mom and even her friend seemed so sweet. I understand his quandary. Should he keep trying or just not torture himself any more?

Some strong personalities in this group. MTS could be a favorite so far. He really is trying.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 27, 2022 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Alyssa seems to be sadly devoid of the ability to be self-reflective. She seems too incredibly wounded to be on this show. Even the gentle host, asking soft questions, threw her into a tailspin and she walked off.

I hope she gets the therapy she desperately needs.

Not to say that Chris handled everything well, but geez, she should have just admitted that she wasn't attracted to him and been clear about that. They really need to let people drop out early when that's the case.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, January 27, 2022 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Kar, you are too kind. You may be right about her, but all I see is a selfish, bratty, cruel, gaslighting, princess.

He was utterly humiliated on TV through no fault of his own. He should have quit the show immediately when she left him in the hotel lobby, just sitting there completely baffled. He's caring and sincere and doesn't deserve this. Plus he works in Real Estate and seems successful, so he could afford the penalty fees for quitting.

But the producers clearly choose to mismatch at least one couple every season for drama, at the cost of innocent people. It's crass, craven, and shameful. It generates lots of heated comments all over social media, so I guess it serves its purpose. :-( But it makes a show I love very unpleasant.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 27, 2022 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Mame, there was a time I could have been called those things. What I really was was a very hurt, wounded traumatized young woman. Trust me, my behavior was much worse and much more hysterical.

Healing took care of that, with the guide of a wonderful therapist.

The show hasn't shown his bad side. I found it very worrisome that his friends talked about how condescending he was. Didn't you? When that's what your friends share about you, that's a red flag!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, January 27, 2022 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I would have been direct with him and told him that's what had been said about him, giving him the opportunity to admit, deny, or deflect. Thereby giving me more information about him as well as affording him the chance to be mindful of his behaviour and work on it.

You are right, they haven't shown his bad side yet. Although he is coming across a bit like a patsy. Which is why I wish he had quit.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 27, 2022 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
of course being direct is the mature thing to do. That said, she is terrified of him (not just not attracted). It's not in her repertoire of behavior to trust herself and be strong. Did you watch the after show? When she started crying when asked about that? It triggered some painful memories for her about being treated badly in her previous relationship.

She needs a therapist not a husband.