TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 12, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Relationships: Married At First Sight on FYI (formerly the Biography channel): Archive through December 12, 2021 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, November 12, 2021 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Snoops, what were the negative tweets by Gil about? Johnny? Or Myrla?

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Friday, November 12, 2021 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Cryptic quotes about dishonesty, being used, heartbroken etc. There were screenshots of them or Reddit.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, November 12, 2021 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
But not about a particular person? Sounds like it was about Myrla....

That's too bad, as I noted, I didn't think either one of them would be able to compromise their own values enough to make this work. It was just a question of who gave up first.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Friday, November 12, 2021 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
I understand Myrla's values and hard work and wanting to enjoy the fruits of her labor but she is a mean thoughtless person. I couldn't put up with the constant negativity either. And it was so cruel for her to say her wedding ring was ugly. Gil has put up with a lot but for him to tear up and walk out it must have been something really painful. I'm not sure what happened with Zack and Michaela. He was adamant he wanted a divorce, and as Pastor Call inferred.....that is all you need to know.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, November 12, 2021 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
yeah, I get that Myrla wants to enjoy what she earns... and I'm okay with that. But with a bit of compromise, and maybe not so much condescension when she talks about it? She mischaracterized him as wanting to live in a shack. He said that he would be OK with living in a shack if that's all he had, but he would be okay living somewhere nicer as well. In other words, he makes his happy wherever he is!

Myrla on the other hand seems to make a lot negative wherever she is. She seems to realize that's a character flaw (now), but even then at the ceremony she said the wedding was awful, her ring was awful --- such hurtful things. She just has no empathy at times!

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Thursday, November 18, 2021 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I thought Myrla was so cold last night. Found it interesting when Gil mentioned he's now making more money than her. After seeing the previews for next week, pretty sure there is more than a friendship between Myrla and Johnny. Maybe they are a good match. Both seem cold, uncaring and selfish. Though I'll never understand what anyone sees in Johnny. They should march Gil right over to abc and sign him up for The Bachelor!
No real surprises in last night's episode and it appears the season was a total failure. Don't hold out much home for Rose since they aren't even living together.
Hope next season the experts go back to matching people so we can see a love story or 2 and not give us another cast of emotionally damaged people who are years away from being ready for a committed relationship.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, November 18, 2021 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I thought Myrla was so cold last night. Found it interesting when Gil mentioned he's now making more money than her.

Maybe that's why she was so cold? :-)

So, they all broke up, as I predicted. I don't see Rachel and Jose getting back together. Jose needs a real makeover to make that work.

I agree, Snoopsmom, a waste of a season.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, November 19, 2021 - 9:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I think I have a different view of Brett and Ryan. They both knew it was not working out, they both were seeing others, but that was not the problem. the show had not yet aired and Ryan put himself out on-line. I think that was the sin, that it was such a public space that information was out there. Can't post on instagram or twitter with out breaking contract, so I think posting on a dating site will be in the contract next time.

In that sense, what Ryan did was worse, but as far as what they owed to each other, it was nothing.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, November 19, 2021 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Sadies, Brett seemed to equivocate some, but sounded like she didn't actually date anyone until the "experiment" was over. She did take his number? But her answers were very hedgy, so she may have gone on a date.

But Brett was in a different position than Ryan. Ryan rejected HER, while she tried over and over to make it work. Ryan never really was all in, like she was. I can understand needing an affirmation from someone after that rude and hurtful treatment.

So yes, he was worse, in more ways than one.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, November 19, 2021 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
well, she may not have dated, but I think we all gave up pretty early on. My point was not who was most offensive, but that he violated the intent of the show contract by putting his name out there as available before the show aired.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, November 19, 2021 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think we all gave up, but Brett hung up in much longer. Ryan was never in.

But yeah, I think at the end they probably both went over the line, because they were done. And I think she was angrier at his indiscretion because it was so public.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, November 21, 2021 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Brett acted so weird when she was questioned about it. I’m thinking this side guy dumped her as well as Ryan. Hoping to have seen her with her natural brown hair, I think she’s really pretty.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, November 21, 2021 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, I agree about Brett acting weird, that's why I felt she wasn't being honest. Usually she's so direct.

I feel bad for her, she's really a wonderful person!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, November 24, 2021 - 9:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Furious at the cruel, shallow, self-centeredness of Myrla. She played everyone in production not just Gil, but the experts too, for the glory of being on TV. She took a kind, well-adjusted young man, and broke him. He'll eventually be fine, but she and her bff nasty-boy screen hog Johnny totalled deserve each other.
I just wish Gil was able to be as composed as Bao, but clearly he was still in shock at his life being publicly upended at Myrla's whims.

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Thursday, November 25, 2021 - 3:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I agree Mame. Myrla came across as so cold and uncaring after breaking Gil's heart. As an animal rescuer, I disliked it even more when they showed her buying a bougie designer dog at a pet store!
I haven't watched the 2nd hour of the "where are they now" episode yet, but hope things work out for Bao and Zack. Was also nice to see that Brett and Gil have developed a close frienship and hope it grows into something more. Thought all season they would have been a great match.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, November 25, 2021 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I'm sad to say my initial impression of Myrla as wildly self-absorbed ended up being correct. Even I started to believe that she had really fallen in love with Gil, but now it appears to all have been an act... for TV.

She and Johnny deserve each other.

I'm glad Gil protected himself and walked off, it was the right thing to do.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, November 26, 2021 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
As far as Jose and Rachael,the whole last two shows seemed to be about how HE should improve. I’m thinking Rachael could look within herself too. I’m rooting for them but I don’t see it lasting.
Johnny still makes me sick.Myrla, I went from disliking her, to liking her and back to disliking her.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, November 26, 2021 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think Jose was the bulk of the issue, and everyone who knew him seemed to think the same. No one is perfect of course, and I'm sure Rachel has her faults, but his need to control everything in his life is bad for him in many ways, not just relationships.

I'm over Johnny and Myrla. Just yuck.

And not a Zac fan still, I hope he doesn't hurt Bao... I just don't see the attraction. Maybe she'll hurt him, because I think she's on the rebound.

Gil and Brett would make a really nice couple. :-)

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, November 26, 2021 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Well Baos “ friend” said she was a man eater so maybe she will hurt Zak instead of the other way around. I’d like to find out what happened with that friendship.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, November 26, 2021 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
That friend (I think) is interested in Johnny herself, so I think she had a selfish reason for characterizing Bao that way.

Everyone has their faults like I said, Bao included. I just think Johnny's wild personality changes at any given moment were far more concerning.

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Wednesday, December 08, 2021 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Does anyone follow Tamara Tattles on youtube or twitter? She dishes the tea on a lot of reality shows, including MAFS.
She recently dropped some BOMBS about Zach and a 21 year old he was cheating on Bao with. She had texts, phone conversations from Elena, the 21 year old as well as texts between Elena and Bao when Elena outed Zach.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, December 08, 2021 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Why am I not surprised? Poor Bao.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, December 08, 2021 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
apparently there is a reddit thread. this article summarizes it MAFS Star Zack Freeman Accused of Cheating on Bao Hoang by Mystery Woman While Still Married to Michaela, See Alleged Evidence

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, December 12, 2021 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
And Rachael and Jose’ are done. I forgot where I read it yesterday or I would link.

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Sunday, December 12, 2021 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Saw that yesterday too, Lakecat. It was a 100% failure of a season.
Hope season 14 is better. They are heading back to Boston and one of the grooms is a friend of Jephte who is married to Shawneice (sp) from the last Boston season.