TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 04, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Fashion Design/Modeling/Pageant Shows: Project Runway (Season 19): Archive through December 04, 2021 users admin

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, November 08, 2021 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Sugar, you are welcome!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, November 08, 2021 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, it was at a more appropriate time, but was also denied, which I think is a good thing.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Saturday, November 20, 2021 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Anyone watched this week's episode? It was my favorite one so far. Those accessory designers were so talented. During the runway show, i started googling their websites. The purse with the eyes sells for $228.

And I thought the right person won. I thought I wasn't going to like it at all when she was making it, but I loved it on the runway.

I felt bad for the accessory designer who made the hat for the girl with the red dress. The girl put the red lace over the hat and the Milner got cheated out of it being shown on tv.

I loved Prajii's design that went with the flowered gloves. And I loved the head wrap that he did for the hair.

Fun episode.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, November 20, 2021 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I loved the gloves and the dress.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, November 20, 2021 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I liked the winning look and the gloves were good.

I also felt bad about the veil covering the hat, though I wasn't attracted to any of the hats.. but I'm not a hat person.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, November 21, 2021 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Loved the gloves and the outfit he paired with it. Didn’t like the winning design but appreciate the workmanship I guess. I think a woman will win.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, November 21, 2021 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
so glad that clown lady left. Her designs were horrid, it is like she went out of her way to make everything clown like. I dont know how she made it on this show

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, November 22, 2021 - 7:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I did appreciate that she wasn’t formally taught, never sold a garment or been on a runway, but yes the clothes were too busy.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, November 22, 2021 - 8:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
she kept saying she was designing modest clothes, but they have had women who designed modest clothes before and they looked better. Her clothes always had to much, they should have kept saying to her design it and them remove 10 things.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, November 22, 2021 - 9:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They were too bunchy and too wide and sort of Little House on the Psychedelic Prairie.

I like the woman who learned macrame during COVID and now is using it ..

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, November 23, 2021 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I am really surprised that Christian didn't tell Katie that her dress looked like a clown costume.

Everyone loves a good print, but her print was tragic coupled with the ruffled neckline - total clown costume.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, November 23, 2021 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
The funny thing about her, is that when she told her story about herself, how she started posting pictures of her clothes on Instagram, and everyone loved them. She then started her own business. They showed pictures of her clothes she has made and I kinda liked them. They were so much better than what she was making on the show. I guess the pressure got to her and she didnt trust her instincts.

On a side note. Her head bands drove me crazy. She wore busy clothes, which was fine. But her busy head bands didn't match and was drawing attention to the head bands instead of what she was wearing.

Too distracting for my tastes.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, November 23, 2021 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Hey, Lakecat, maybe Christian wanted her gone and was sabotaging her. He never gave her any good advice.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, November 23, 2021 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL Grooch!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, November 26, 2021 - 8:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
True, because Christian does give good advice. I’m thinking Christian just didn’t know what to say about her designs.
Lol Seamonley, I was being diplomatic when I said her clothes were too busy but your description is spot on, Little House on The Psychedelic Prarie.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, November 26, 2021 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL yes that description is perfect!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, December 02, 2021 - 11:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I think the best looking thing in tonight's PR was Elaine's hat/fascinator.

That pink fur on the winning garment was awful. It looked like it was part of an old 3 piece toilet cover set. I was surprised that the painted part managed to come together with the fur. I must say the model really worked that runway. I think it would have been truly fabulous with a non potty cover fur.

Shantell and Kristina's look was horrible. Shantel was very lucky.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, December 03, 2021 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Christian was on Watch What Happens Live with Martha Stewart. Andy asked him what he thought of Katie continually blaming Christian's advice for being in the bottom and then being eliminated.

Christian got the most amused look on his face. He went on to say, very nicely (I'm paraphrasing), that he has been pretty successful, made a lot of money, designed for many famous people and been in the business for a while. That he spends a lot of time with the judges. Knows their tastes, hears them talking about the designers. Christian said he thinks he gives pretty good advice....but its just that...advice.

I think Katie would have "botched" her vision whether she "listened" to Christian or not. She seems like she is not able to design on demand. She is more of a free spirit who gets an idea and then creates it. I think she would have totally bombed on a challenge in which they give them a "customer" for whom they have to make an outfit on their requests.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, December 04, 2021 - 3:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I was thrilled that Christian used his "save" on Shantell. That would have absolutely sucked for her to go home because of Kristina's dress. Honestly, whenever the model opened that coat, all I saw was a very big puffy vagina.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, December 04, 2021 - 6:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I agree! I actually like all of the designers that are left.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, December 04, 2021 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Immunity screws the judges again, Kristina should have gone home.

They really need to change / get rid of the immunity, too many bad designers have been saved with it.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, December 04, 2021 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
lots of contests have immunity for a good product, you might say it is a staple of cooking shows.

Because fashion is so subjective (that I usually hate what the judges like) a person can win one week and fail the next, again and again.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, December 04, 2021 - 4:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I think it is grossly unfair to have team challenges when someone has immunity.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, December 04, 2021 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, at least when it's not a team challenge the NEXT to the worst one goes home, not possibly one of the best.

I think they invented the save just for that reason. But they only have one....

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, December 04, 2021 - 11:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Thought Elaine's hat was ridiculous, mostly because it was blocking her view of the runway. But I'm not a fan of fascinators, or of Elaine.

I think Christian used the save in the bet way possible and I was not happy with the look on the face of the safe woman when Christian kind of told her to get with it and not send her partner home.

I thought Tim Gunn at times (not always) sort of used his save in emotional ways and should have waited.

But I kind od saw the save coming this time.

On Instagram, I was far from the only one telling Christian they were happy about the save being used. By the way, Billy Porter's outfits were by Christian.

That after program with Martha Stewart and Christian recorded at the end of the show, which has not been happening. I was really happy to watch that too.

Oh, Sugar, that model on the winning look was EVERYTHING!! She deserves a bonus.

And yes, unfair to have an immune person on a team, especially a two person team.

I really think faux fur was not the best theme to have..