TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 16, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dancing With The Stars Season 30: Archive through November 16, 2021 users admin

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Wednesday, November 03, 2021 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
I have a feeling both Amanda and Jojo are going to be overscored next Monday (and a few will be underscored) to make sure they're nowhere near the bottom three (since it's a double elimination- and the lowest is out automatically)...

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, November 03, 2021 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I also loved that Iman still calls his mother "Mommy." My 21 year old son still calls me "Mommy." 😍🥰

I didn't watch "Dance Moms," so I only have the vaguest idea of who Jojo is. She and Jenna seem to be having a great time together, though, and we do enjoy their dances.

It's going to get tough now, cause all the obviously poorer dancers are gone. Gonna be hard to weed them out.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, November 07, 2021 - 9:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
In the Facebook Men of Dancing With the Stars page, Val said this is likely his last season on DWTS.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, November 08, 2021 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
He's getting a little older, as is Cheryl. I would miss either of them.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, November 08, 2021 - 10:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well, they made sure JoJo was safe, at the expense of Olivia. And kept Melora, who just does nothing for me.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, November 09, 2021 - 12:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Since Tyra likes dressing up as the singer they are featuring the songs of that week...can I hope that next one is Sia?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, November 09, 2021 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That would be good!

Her first Janet look was one of her best, I must say.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Tuesday, November 09, 2021 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Well now that my music station spoiled it and Jimmie is out, I will no longer be watching.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, November 09, 2021 - 7:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm really surprised they kept Melora over Jimmie. I do like Melora a lot and have voted for her. But I found Jimmie very entertaining too.

Not surprised Olivia went home. I suspect she did not have as strong of a fan base voting for her. (I suspect the judges know the fan scores).

LOL about Sia.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, November 09, 2021 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Bummed Olivia is toast. :-(

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, November 09, 2021 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I'm shocked they Kept Melora over Jimmie. Melora has impressed me but I really love Jimmie

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, November 10, 2021 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I agreed with the judges that Melora danced better than Jimmie last night. Jimmie has improved a lot and I love his personality, but he does lead with his heel and can't seem to stop the "country" steps. That's what hurt him. Melora has really stepped up her game, and both hubby and I think she's doing amazing, especially when you consider that she's in her 50s (not that that should have any affect on her scores, but it's just amazing that she's doing as well as she is at her age!).

I agree with Sea that as much as I can't stand Tyra, her first Janet Jackson look was her best. I LOLed at ". . . can I hope that next one is Sia?" Good one, Sincebb1! 😄

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, November 10, 2021 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, November 10, 2021 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I was bummed about Olivia and no chance to save her. She was better than either of the other two and for the dance off they pitted her vs JoJo and after JoJo was saved from bottom two they were not about to lose her, I think.

Melora I'm sure is a nice person, she just doesn't do anything for me and the persona she took was not appealing (to me). Yes I guess she danced better than Jimmie and he's definitely appealing.

Yep that was actually a good look on Tyra, I noticed as I ff by. I agree.. bring on the Sia wig or a lampshade. Or put her on quarantine. No she would still make it about herself.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, November 11, 2021 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Unfortunately we're down to the point where I don't want to see anybody go home. I like them all. But it's just the nature of the show that they have to whittle the numbers down. Happens every season. It's still hard to see people we like go home. But they'll all be back for the finale!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, November 11, 2021 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I just have the same hope I have every season. That the dancers are eliminated in the order of their capabilities. Regardless of their "stories", popularity, or amount of followers or lack there of....

I know, it's a pipe dream LOL. And also an impossibility with the way social media controls everything now a days.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, November 12, 2021 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
It is a popularity contest, after all. Most people don't vote on who is the best dancer. They vote on who they like. As long as you involve the general public in deciding who wins these shows, rather than just having the judges decide, it will always be nothing more than a popularity contest.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, November 12, 2021 - 4:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I understand this... But I don't like it LOL What I DO like is, the newer rule where the judges save one couple out the bottom two. Obviously seems they won't save somebody more than once or twice...then they give in to popular opinion.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, November 12, 2021 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And on double elimination they cannot save the lowest scoring (even if they contributed to that lower score). i don't like that, either

And it is a popularity contest only for two timezones.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, November 13, 2021 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I dislike the voting thing, but I do remember to vote at 6pm my time, well before the show airs here. So there are plenty of us in the wrong time zone still voting, long before we get to see any of them dance. I liked it better when we all voted after everyone danced. I feel like voting then was impacted a bit by performance. Now it's all popularity. And yes, seems unfair that the bottom couple doesn't get a chance at a save during double elimination. They should have 3 pairs standing there and the judges decide who to save.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, November 16, 2021 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well Suni is out and I am pretty much out too.

On the early news yesterday, I wasn't paying good attention and suddenly realized that the entertainment guy was interviewing Tyra! All smarmy and kissing up and commiserating with her over the burden of changing costumes. She said as a model she wa used to that but these costumes are different. Yeah, and totally not needed.

On the 11pm news they pointed out that the final four...

two men who had lower scores with the judges but had NEVER been in the bottom 2, and two women with consistenly high scores from the judges who had both been in bottom two.

UGH.

I am FF more and more.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, November 16, 2021 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Derek Hough has tested positive so is out of the finale. He's fully vaccinated and feels ok. His test was just after the live show, so hope he didn't get too close to Len or Bruno.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Tuesday, November 16, 2021 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
I don't think it matters too much that Derek is out for the finale- the judges usually punt anyway (everyone gets the same scores or there's only a point or two difference).

Frankly any of them can win- I don't think there's a huge favorite.

I'm not going to be shocked if Cody wins- Peleton has a rabid fanbase, and he's one of their most popular instructors. If he's close to the top in scoring, he could win.

Iman has the sports fanbase, but is probably the weakest of the four left in dance skills.

Jojo has the dancing skills, but is there a subtle backlash? (remember, DWTS has an older and more conservative audience)

Amanda probably has the best case overall (good story, good dancing)- but does she have the fanbase?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, November 16, 2021 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Cody was clearly the weakest this week, for him not to even be in the bottom three is a bit disconcerting. Hope he doesn't win.

Although Iman's posture etc. isn't good (mostly) he really does dance, and he's so pleasant to watch, I'm actually quite glad he's in the final, even though I think Suni probably deserves it for other reasons. Plus it's amazing to see Iman pick up his partner like she weighs nothing (which comparatively she does!).

I think I want Amanda to win, but she's so low key it seems easy to forget about her, I hope people remember to vote.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, November 16, 2021 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I like watching Iman dance too and am okay with him being in the finals. He does have some cool natural moves.

I really wanted Suni there too, over Cody. I'm shocked he was never in the bottom 2. Ugh if he wins.

Amanda being in the bottom makes he think she won't win, but what a great story it would be if she does. I've voted for her every week because I like her, but her dancing hasn't really wowed me.

If I had to guess, I think Jojo could win it.