TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 07, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Fashion Design/Modeling/Pageant Shows: Project Runway (Season 19): Archive through November 07, 2021 users admin

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, October 25, 2021 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
In no other clothes design competition show and in no prior season of Project Runway have they ever allowed model swapping. It should not have been suggested or allowed.

Designers have grumbled in the past. They never designed: for men, for women, for plus size, for housewives...etc. It should not have happened.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, October 25, 2021 - 10:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I think they have swapped models in the past, it may have been with Tim and his button bag. Or did they just get to choose them in order of their name being drawn from the button bag and maybe someone had an advantage and could swap?

I think that there were times when they had the same model the whole competition, hard to remember everything over so many seasons.

I agree they should be able to designer for a wide variety of models.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, October 25, 2021 - 10:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Tim and the button bag just set up the priority for who got to pick and then who next and they could steal a model who had been normally working with another designer.

This method was just throw the photos on the table and they grabbed. Total chaos.

The whole idea the last years has been to have more diversity in models because they don't want them to only design for the "clothes-hanger" models of the past.

So then this swapping was done in the name of a model who somehow represented the origin of the designer, but that sort of moves them backwards in some ways..

A lot of these shows are making big efforts in terms of diversity but at times they may just be complicating things more than necessary.

I ran across Meg's Instagram where she doesn't seem to be addressing all of this though some people are commenting a bit.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Tuesday, October 26, 2021 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Yeah... the last episode has really created a slippery slope when it comes to model selection.

My personal take is the designer should not be able to switch models... I mean... where does it end?

If they are going to continue to allow switching then it should be limited to the time while they are picking them... once that is done then the models are set for that weeks' competition... and maybe they should only be allowed switch 1 time per season... kind of like Survivor's vote steal... except a Model Steal. Maybe they institute that next season.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Tuesday, October 26, 2021 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Another thing that really irked me about the episode was when they were on the runway and they were discussing what happened in the workroom... based on the editing we saw no one chimed in or added that Kenneth asked to switch models after x number of hours... Wasn't it like 16 hours into the day that he asked to switch models? It's not like he made the request early in the day.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, October 26, 2021 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
In the early years of PR the winner of the challenge could keep her model or steal another designer's model. That was long before Tim Gunn and the button bag. And back then, if no designer stole a particular model, that model pretty much worked with her designer from the beginning of the competition until the designer was either eliminated or in the finals.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, October 27, 2021 - 5:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Again no way Meg could win in that situation. in hindsite when Kenneth asked her if she could swap with him, she could have said, well I’m already too far into the design to swap now but if you get me at the beginning of any of the other challenges going forward, I’d be happy to swap with you.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, October 27, 2021 - 6:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
In those seasons where steal/pick a model occurred, they did so at same time everyone else was assigned their model. Equal playing field.

Also, the designer that was allowed to pick their preference of a model, was able to so as part of a reward, because they won the previous competition. Everyone who won was afforded the same reward if they won.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, October 27, 2021 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
You know the other thing I was thinking was, we don't even know how the other designers really felt about it. If they were okay with the swaps?

Another issue is how it affected the model. I didn't pay attention whether the first model was eliminated along with the designer they were with, as has happened in previous seasons.

What if because of the swap the model that went home wouldn't have? Because Meg chose to leave, luckily no designer or model went home because of it.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, October 27, 2021 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
It was crap fest episode with all but 2 crappy designs.
I hope this week is better or this season is set to be a bummer.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, October 27, 2021 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I would have liked to have seen her designs, especially being from Tulsa. I’m thinking a different design perspective than some of the big city people and also her being a plus size, but who knows.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, October 27, 2021 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Actually, I correct myself. If models are going home with each elimination. Meg's model would have been eliminated.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, October 29, 2021 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
a non-offensive but overly silly show last night. I was surprised at how many nude or almost nude models on the runway. Do they line these dresses or are they really see all?

This show convinces me that I will never be "tasteful" in fashion. I just don't understand the comments on the outfits. Why is one balloon dress wonderful and another not (besides that fact that the second looked horrible)? how can one froo froo be great and another less loaded with stuff outfit be over done and too busy?

ignore me, I do not understand fashion.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, October 29, 2021 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well fashion is art and art is very subjective.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, October 29, 2021 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, I just don't think Meg would have lasted much longer - especially the way she was going on about missing her mother. I love my mother too, but it's odd that a 35-year-old would be crying on TV about missing her mother (and this was during the first challenge - they just got there).

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 29, 2021 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
But it would have been nice if Meg had had a fairer chance. I am sure they are all homesick. Producers decide which things to air.

i was not overly fond of Meg, but the situation did suck for her.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, October 30, 2021 - 2:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I agree that the situation absolutely sucked for her. She was in a no-win situation. But I don't think she would have lasted long for this competition. Personally, I would have much rather seen her eliminated or leave on her own, rather than being forced out. There was no way she could have stayed.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, November 05, 2021 - 10:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Grr, my recording was cut off after the runway before the discussion, review and winner and loser. Dang show isn't on demand so hoping to record it again next Thursday am. Most annoying!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, November 06, 2021 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Sugar, you can watch it on Bravo website for free with commercials. Or on Amazon Prime, for I think a $1.99, without commercials

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, November 06, 2021 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Are you sure it's not on your OnDemand? I have spectrum and I have it on mine. Although it's confusing when you open it up it shows season 17 first you have to scroll down to season 19.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, November 06, 2021 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I didn't see it listed on my in demand, AT & T, but will check on
Amazon, thanks.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, November 07, 2021 - 1:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
You can watch it on braves website.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, November 07, 2021 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
ugh autocorrect

here is the link

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, November 07, 2021 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
On the latest show, there was a brief moment when one of the designers said she had a certain model, a male voice asked if she wanted to trade and she said no and life went on. I was not paying good attention so I cannot say who was involved.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, November 07, 2021 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Yes, but it was right when they were choosing models, not several hours into the challenge. And Prajje wasn't there with a big ol' spoon to stir a pot.
I was able to see the rest if the episode on Bravo via Amazon Prime, thanks for letting me know about that option Sincebb1.

I did not care for any if the bottom 3 looks and wouldn't have minded saying bye bye to them all. Looking forward to next weeks episode.