TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 11, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Relationships: Married At First Sight on FYI (formerly the Biography channel): Archive through November 11, 2021 users admin

Chieko

11-20-2003

Thursday, October 28, 2021 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
So is there something about Bao that I am missing? She just seems so mature and sweet and willing to admit her mistakes but Johnny says we don't see the real Bao. We sure have seen the real Johnny and I think their friend Sarah is a jealous snake. If she really is a friend of Johnny's he should have never brought her into the conversation and she is obviously not a friend of Bao's as Bao believed. I think Johnny and Sarah are both gaslighting Bao.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Thursday, October 28, 2021 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Ryan, Ryan, Ryan, you were doing so good trying to spare Brett's feelings. You couldn't just wait one more week? SMH

Chieko

11-20-2003

Thursday, October 28, 2021 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
I just had to laugh when Ryan said Myrla likes to look at herself.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 28, 2021 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, Chieko, I don't get it about Bao either... she seems very nice and calm to me, and she's dealt with a lot of crap from Johnny.. from what they have shown!

And same about Ryan... respect for him went way down with that revelation. I don't get why he thinks the fact that he didn't actually message anyone yet changes anything?? He still just signed up for it! While living with Brett!

Do we think Gil and Myrla will stay together? I say she says yes, and he says no.

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Thursday, October 28, 2021 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I agree with you both, Bao has been a saint dealing with Johnny's issues and I think Johnny is the most dislikeable person they have ever had on this show.
Then again, the other members of the group seem to have some sympathy for Johnny, so I wonder it there are things we aren't being shown? In any event, I'm sure when it's over Johnny will say it was the editing. I find him frightening. His criticisms of Bao are so mean and delivered with a seething anger under the surface. She needs to walk away and not look back. I would worry that his abusive demeanor would eventually go from verbal to physical.
Glad Brett confronted Ryan about the dating app. She has tolerated his apathy for far too long. For him not to see the problem with downloading a dating app while professing his dedication to work on their marriage in it's last week is a BIG problem! Wish she had told him on his way out that she wouldn't see him again until decision day.
My opinion of Myrla has done a complete 180. She never criticizes Gil, has compromised about many things and seems to be taking the marriage seriously. He is the one always focused on her negativity, and on the differences in their finances and lifestyles. Bottom line, if they agree to put aside a certain percentage of their incomes for the future and to cover living expenses, what one does with the rest of their money should be of no concern to the other.
On a percentage basis, Myrla would be contributing more, but to expect her to contribute even more above that is not a compromise at all.
I agree, Kar, I think Myrla would say yes, but Gil will say no and at this point it will be his loss.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Thursday, October 28, 2021 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
Yes, yes, yes, so glad someone else sees what I see with Gil and Myrla. He is constantly bringing it up and I see her walls slowly falling down. There was one brief scene when they were at the couples retreat where they showed her just walking up and putting her arms around his neck. It was very sweet. It will be his loss.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 28, 2021 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Honestly, having been in a marriage with someone who is constantly negative, it can be very very wearing.

It seems like Gil always has to talk her into not being negative and constantly bringing it up to her. She may be trying, but it is tough to live with.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, October 28, 2021 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Johnny,Johnny, Johnny,I just want to slap him. I want to hug Bao. I’m wondering if Johnny isn’t exaggerating what Baos” friend” said. He could be making it sound way worse than it was just to rationalize his own abhorrent behavior.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, October 28, 2021 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Johnny is immature and deliberately cruel. Therefore I won't give him the benefit of the doubt that perhaps we're not seeing the real Bao. She is decent and making heroic efforts which he doesn't remotely deserve.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Sunday, October 31, 2021 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Anyone else notice the bruise on Bao's upper left arm?

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, November 01, 2021 - 12:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Yep, right in the place someone would grab you.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Monday, November 01, 2021 - 5:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
A right hand thumb print. Thanks, Lakecat. So curious if anyone else noticed it.

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Monday, November 01, 2021 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I noticed it. Think there was snother lower down on her arm too.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, November 01, 2021 - 8:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Shot gun? They leave nasty bruises! Not to say Johnny isn't cruel, he is, but I would hope that if he had touched her, staff would have stepped in, so I think it's unlikely. The liability is huge, and they are pretty strict about that.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Tuesday, November 02, 2021 - 6:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Shot gun I didn't notice if Bao was shooting right or left handed.

It could be from many things, I just wondered if anyone else had noticed it.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, November 02, 2021 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Okay, Chieko, the jump to "right hand thumb print" was concerning to me.

I really don't believe that they would have permitted them to stay together if Johnny had caused that, and production knew.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, November 03, 2021 - 5:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well, now this is really concerning. This was the basketball player:

https://pagesix.com/2021/11/02/ex-married-at-first-sight-star-matthew-gwynne-arrested/

“Married at First Sight” alum Matthew Gwynne was arrested in Nashville over the weekend for allegedly breaking into his girlfriend’s home, Page Six can confirm.

He was paired with Amber on their season, and pretty much treated her terribly.

Seriously, the vetting on this show....

Chieko

11-20-2003

Wednesday, November 03, 2021 - 7:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
I heard that too, Karuuna. And wasn't he the one that wouldn't help facilitate their divorce. I remember he really caused her a lot of grief and concern.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, November 04, 2021 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah... I like this show, but I need some happy endings to make it okay. Not getting even one this season. :-(

Chieko

11-20-2003

Wednesday, November 10, 2021 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Gosh, I'm kind of speechless. Who wants to start? I'm glad to see Bao stood firm and chose what was best for herself. The rest all surprised me. Two unanimous yeses, one unanimous no and two split decisions. Ryan looked so nervous---guilty maybe?
Zack was really acting strange-----smiling inappropriately and covering his face a lot. I have no idea what is going on with him. And next week.....good grief what are we in for then?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, November 11, 2021 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Chieko, me too. I was surprised that Johnny and Michaela said yes. Not surprised by any of the no's. Johnny seems completely unable to grasp the obvious. But both of them (Michaela and Johnny) have such volatile personalities, it kinds of makes sense. They blow up, then make up, lather, rinse, repeat.

I was a bit surprised by Gil and Myrla, but predict that will still go down the tubes. I do think they love each other, and it's very sweet, but I also think they are both quite head strong and I'm not sure either one of them can compromise enough to make it work long term.

And I was surprised at Bao's commentary (very negative) on Zach... since they are now together.

I don't think "Rosé" is going to last either. We'll see. Can't wait for next week.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, November 11, 2021 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Bao's negative comments about Zach went over my head. What was the gist of what she said? I know they are together now.

And apparently Johnny and Myrla are at least besties, if not more... And THAT was NOT on my bingo card. LOL.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, November 11, 2021 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I can't remember exactly, but she said after watching Zach's "no" answer at the decision that it was a ridiculous way to respond - you're either in or out, you don't get to say no AND continue the relationship. She was very critical.

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Thursday, November 11, 2021 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I got the impression both last night, and from the episode of Unfiltered when Myrla was defending Johnny and dissing Bao that there is more going on than meets the eye there. There are also some very negative tweets that were posted by Gil over the last few months. Such an odd pairing, but if Myrla is with Johnny, good luck to her. He is a very mentally unstable person in my opinion.
During the decision ceremony, for the first time Michaela came across as the the normal one. Glad she said no to Zach's divorce/date offer.
There's supposed to be a jaw dropping Brett/Ryan moment coming next week too!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, November 11, 2021 - 10:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thx Kar!