TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 03, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dancing With The Stars Season 30: Archive through November 03, 2021 users admin

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Wednesday, October 27, 2021 - 6:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Oh I beg to differ....Iman's dance was great! Also, Jimmie Allen OMG....I was crying.

But I do agree with you on the mask, I think that was a distraction.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, October 27, 2021 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Pamy made me spit my coffee out! The only way Tyra would look good to me is if she wasn't on my TV.

Honestly as soon as she opens her mouth, I want to turn it off.

Scooter, as soon as she's on my TV, I FF. Cannot STAND that woman. I notice they don't seem to put the cameras on her as much. Even when she's talking sometimes, they'll be showing someone else.

The mummy costume just looked they like they wrapped toilet paper around her, including her shoes. And what WAS that second costume supposed to be about? I didn't get it at all.

We loved Iman's dance. We thought he was great! And Jimmie Allen also had me in tears. When he signed "I love you," screamed and dropped to the floor, it was because in the movie he sacrifice himself to save his family. Instantly brought tears to my eyes.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Wednesday, October 27, 2021 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Babyjaxmom...I figured it out when I was watching last night (on my DVR)....it's the way she talks. She doesn't talk normally....it's like she's acting...overacting, actually. I kept finding myself saying just talk normal!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, October 27, 2021 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
she over pronunciates.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, October 27, 2021 - 5:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I also loved Jimmie and Iman!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, October 28, 2021 - 7:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Scooter and Pamy, that is exactly it! Her mannerisms are far too over the top. She doesn’t seem real or genuine.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, October 28, 2021 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Well I thought you all were being too harsh on Tyra but I haven’t tuned in at all this year. I think last season must have been enough and I’m just now realizing it. I liked her on America’s Top Model,but not here.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, October 28, 2021 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Scooter and Pamy, that's exactly it! She doesn't speak like a normal person. Even DH, who'd never heard of her before this show, keeps saying, "Why does she talk like that?" I just keep hitting the FF button whenever she's on screen. Makes the show shorter, too.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, October 28, 2021 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Jimmie's dance made me tear up too. It was so powerful. And I enjoyed Iman's dance a lot. It was very entertaining and well done. But a perfect score? Seems over generous to me when others are being judged tougher (Amanda, Miora).

Tyra is totally unnatural. Which is such a stark contrast to the prior 2 hosts which felt so genuine and natural, like you'd want to sit in a bar and chat with them. Tyra just always feels like a poser.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, October 29, 2021 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I always admired the professionalism of Tom Bergeron. Whenever anything unexpected would happen, he was always quick with a witty comment that would bring a laugh, but not at anyone else's expense. And Erin Andrews was just so warm. She seemed like she liked everyone and wanted them all to do well. Tyra just doesn't have any warmth or wit.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, October 29, 2021 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree. Tom Bergeron was an exceptionally good host. Professional, witty and kind, which are three attributes that don't often come together. Erin Andrews was warm as well. I don't understand why they made this change.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, October 29, 2021 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I remember when Marie fainted, Tom said, “ I thought you fainted bc Len was positive about your dance” or something like that. Right afterwards.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Monday, November 01, 2021 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
OK- I’m wondering if there’s a backlash with Jojo after those results…

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, November 01, 2021 - 9:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
There must be some.. either backlash, or someone else is getting their fans to vote more. And then there was the skew of those extra points and the the draw.

I did agree with them that Olvia Jade won that dance off but JoJo had such high scores she was really not near the bottom.

It was clear who they would save.

But it was a surprise, for sure.. the "no particular order" at the last three.. hard to say what that really means.

I WAS pretty irritated by so many ads for another Queen show that seems to include JoJo. tons of promotion for her from the network tonight and even an ad for something including The MIz. I didn't stop to see what that was.

And those outfits on Tyra.. yikes.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, November 02, 2021 - 6:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think online people have it right.. JoJo was not in bottom two and they just want to cause drama and get more votes.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, November 02, 2021 - 7:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I believe Jojo was in the bottom 2. I recognize she is a great dancer, but she annoys the freakin heck out of me, and therefore I would never vote for her. I know very many online feel the same about her.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Tuesday, November 02, 2021 - 7:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Naja, I'm just curious, how does she annoy you?

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, November 02, 2021 - 7:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That she never shuts off or even tones down her 100% full speed bouncy loud Disney kid type persona, even though she is 18 yrs old.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Tuesday, November 02, 2021 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I get how that could annoy some people. Thank you :-)

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, November 02, 2021 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
She and her mom annoyed me on Dance Moms. Kind of what we used to call a ‘suck up’ or ‘brown noser’. Plus, what Naja says…

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, November 02, 2021 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, my college age daughter says there's an online presence that is annoyed at her childlike behavior. And to me she seems way younger than her age. I haven't voted her her at all, although I do enjoy her dancing.

I'm still annoyed at the low scores for Amanda. That's who I vote for.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, November 02, 2021 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
When they showed the clip of what her concert is like, I was embarrassed for her. But I'm not her audience, so it doesn't really matter what I think.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, November 02, 2021 - 4:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
She has a huge online following, no way she was in the bottom

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, November 02, 2021 - 4:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I love Iman and Jimmie more each week!

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Wednesday, November 03, 2021 - 5:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Me too, Pamy!!! (Although the only reason I started watching this season was because of Jimmie).