TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Real Housewives of Dubai

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: Real Housewives of Dubai users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, November 01, 2021 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Set to debut in 2022. This should be interesting. For those of us who like to watch rich people be rich, this should top all the other shows. I think you have to have serious cash to live in Dubai. They have a high-end shopping mall with a ski resort in it! I do wonder if they'll touch on the terrible social conditions the working class live under (probably not). I'll be checking it out. https://www.eonline.com/news/1307905/the-real-housewives-of-dubai-is-coming-as-bravo-franchise-sets-its-first-international-series

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, November 01, 2021 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
https://twitter.com/i/status/1455155159059812354

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, November 02, 2021 - 6:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Caroline Stansbury from Ladies of London will be on the show.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Tuesday, November 02, 2021 - 7:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
I've always found Dubai fascinating. The architecture, food, clothing, ect should be interesting.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, November 02, 2021 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
The shopping mall with the snow skiing INSIDE!!!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, November 02, 2021 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
But there's a dark side to Dubai that they probably won't touch. People come there from other (poorer) countries looking for work and are held in near slavery conditions. Their passports are held by their employers so they can't leave and they sleep in un-air conditioned buildings. There is definitely a dark underbelly to all the wealth.

Zeyna

07-15-2001

Tuesday, November 02, 2021 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zeyna a private message Print Post    
I'm sure they want nothing to do with showing anything as such Babyjax. They are probably more concearned with laws and rules around alcohol consumption!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, November 03, 2021 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm sure that's true. Should be interesting to see how they handle that!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, May 30, 2022 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm not surprised to see Andy and Bravo are getting some pushback about their choice to film a show in Dubai.

https://allaboutthetea.com/2022/05/30/andy-cohen-faces-backlash-from-human-rights-organizations-over-real-housewives-of-dubai/

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, May 30, 2022 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Why didn't they speak up before they started filming?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, June 02, 2022 - 5:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I recorded this last night... I can't wait to watch it this weekend!

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, June 02, 2022 - 6:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I started watching it, but fell asleep halfway through. I wasn't caring for it.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, June 03, 2022 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
You can tell the production on this show is way different than any of the American RH franchises. It has a totally different feel to it, but I'm still going to watch.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, June 03, 2022 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I was looking forward to getting a glimpse of life in Dubai, but so far I'm confused by all the new women. I need another episode or two to figure them all out. The only one I'm sure of is Chanel Ayan, who is the Dubai version of Erika Jayne: she's very full of herself and nasty to everyone else. Not liking her AT ALL.

The rest of them seem okay (Caroline S. is kind of a snob), but I need to figure them all out first. I just wish they'd put up each woman's name for a while, till I get them all sorted out.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, June 07, 2022 - 6:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Now you know the RH in the US are hoping they don't have to do the "full body confessionals" since they wear shorts or yoga pants with slippers or tennis shoes. All they have to do here is have glam and put on a nice blouse.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, August 22, 2022 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I started to watch this week's episode, where all the women go to this gorgeous resort at Caroline Stansbury's invitation. I had to stop after just a few minutes, cause all they do is scream and fight with each other. This is not a fun show to watch at all. These women have so much, yet so little manners. It's hard to watch.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, September 13, 2022 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
This show is unwatchable. I tried to watch the second half of the reunion show, and all the women are just screaming at and talking over each other. It's awful. And Andy just sits there with a smug look on his face, bouncing his head back and forth like he's watching a tennis match. I'm done.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: