TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 22, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Relationships: Married At First Sight on FYI (formerly the Biography channel): Archive through October 22, 2021 users admin

Chieko

11-20-2003

Sunday, September 26, 2021 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Rachel needs to be done with Jose now. When recounting the incident to the rest of the guys he conveniently left out the part about vulgarly swearing at her and repeatedly kicking her out. She said she was walking the producer out and had taken nothing with her. Anybody else wonder what the producer was doing in their apartment at that time of night? I think they may have been worried for her safety. Jose put her in danger by locking her out without her key or phone ect at that time of night. When asked about it later he didn't admit any wrong and seemed to smirk about it. There is something wrong with him. Even the other men condemned him and Ryan mocked him about the name. I daresay all of us have misspoke at one time or another. He is bizarre.

And finally someone else put some of the blame on Zach. I honestly don't think he is quite right either. I actually wondered if he was still suffering some after effects from Covid. His staccato voice makes me very nervous and although I think we would all agree that Michaela is very reactive, she has profusely apologized and said she would be better. It is possible to change, I have a family member that has learned to temper his reactions and respond more rationally and we even saw evidence of her trying to do that.
Also, in defense of Michaela, I would have been very hurt to be treated the way he treated her. He tells her he is going to settle the dog down in another room then ends up sleeping with the dog and leaving in the morning without notice. How long does it take to drop a dog off at day care? Then after planning a movie night together he says he is going to run over to his house to get a movie for them and doesn't return???? Who wouldn't be hurt and angry by that kind of treatment. Another night while enjoying dinner together he tells her he is going back to his apartment that night, she tried very hard to hold herself together but she must have been hurt once again. I really don't think I would want anything to do with him either. He needs counseling more than she does.

I don't blame Myrla for being reticent about physical intimacy but I don't think it is attractive that she is always disagreeable and critical and if you do agree to a foot massage the least she could do would be to put her damn phone down. She has her nose in her phone a lot. It's rude. She lacks empathy and maybe a sense of self worth hence her obsession with very expensive material things (whether she can afford them or not)

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, September 27, 2021 - 3:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Yes, in a way, Zach is as abusive as Jose’. All these men but Gil have issues.FYI MAFS Experts- Re:Johnny and Ryan when they tell you they have commitment issues, they mean it. Gil is the only one who seems normal and even he seems too good to be true. I wonder how much of his patiecince and sweetness is for the cameras.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Monday, September 27, 2021 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Right, Lakecat. I keep wondering what is wrong with Gil. He can't be as perfect as his editing.

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Monday, September 27, 2021 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Chieko, I thought the same about Myrla with her phone while Gil was giving her a foot massage.
She was on the Unfiltered show after that episode and Jamie questioned her. Myrla said she was very uncomfortable and really didn't want the foot rub. She had asked Gil to sit on their patio, have some wine and watch the sunset and he said no, he didn't like sunsets. He wanted to do the foot massage and she went along with it and said she kept looking at the phone because she felt uneasy.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Monday, September 27, 2021 - 10:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the PS Snoopsmom.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Wednesday, October 06, 2021 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
"Obsession" with expensive material things. In my house, we are very practical. My husband said, while watching Myrla shopping for shoes, "What woman doesn't want to buy hundreds of shoes and bags?" Now, mind you, I don't have hundreds but I do have more shoes and bags in my closet than anything else. I really spend the most money on salon, massage, and nails, as well as we stay VIP when we vacation. We have worked hard for the money to do so but I promise none of that is an "obsession."

Myrla even said she knows that they are not a "need."

Post 9/11, we went through a huge financial loss. I cancelled cable, cooked hamburger, reduced to one phone, cut every expense. Did everything I could do to save money. When I now have money again to spend and enjoy, I like to use it for nice trips and services.

It's her money and she can spend it how she likes and I don't think she is obsessed with the finer things, she just enjoys them.

I also grew up poor like Myrla so maybe that is why I feel like I understand and support her using her money her way so much.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, October 07, 2021 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
So which is worse, Jose’s in your face occasional outburst type of abuse or Johnny’s ongoing continuous psychological abuse? The “experts” need to do a better job.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 07, 2021 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Johnny is seriously messed up (technical term). He needs individual counseling, not couples therapy. I am glad Pastor Cal told him off.

And Lakecat, neither should be tolerated. You're right the experts did a very poor job this year.

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Thursday, October 07, 2021 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I think the experts should be fired before the next season. Add Ryan's evasive, dishonest form of abuse to the list.
Johnny needs some serious psychological help. The seething anger under his calm exterior is frightening and I expect him to fly off the handle at any moment. Bao deserves so much better and my heart breaks for her. Even on the Unfiltered show with Jamie after last night's episode Bao was getting upset and teary eyed seeing the clips played back. Ryan was on too and said none of the guys ever saw that dark side of Johnny when with him.
Of course, none of this is reality and much of it is for the drama which is a shame. I would much rather watch good relationships develop between the couples. Had read an interview with Clara where she said that she and Ryan had sex when their season was airing. Production made them play along with the story arc of intimacy issues and Ryan refusing to have sex. It was all made up.

Still think Gil and Brett would be a great match!

Chieko

11-20-2003

Saturday, October 09, 2021 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Johnny sure didn't do himself any favors getting on this show. He doesn't seem to be able to show any empathy. Bao is just a saint. She is a wonderful strong woman, a lot like Paige was. I don't think I could take that kind of abuse that they have had to put up with.

On the other hand Ryan doesn't seem any more attracted to his wife than Johnny is but he does seem to have the desire to not hurt Brett. I'm sorry for Brett that she will be leaving this relationship without a husband or her beloved dog.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, October 09, 2021 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Excellent post Chieko. I agree 100%. :-)

I have to add that Jose gives me the Willie's. His looks, his overall behavior, everything about him is a turn-off to me. Lucky guy that his wife is attracted to him and wants to work with him on their marriage. I mean that sincerely. On the other hand, I liked how she handled the situation after he was cruel to her during their fight. And I don't see her putting up with that in the long run.

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Tuesday, October 19, 2021 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
read a report today that said Bao and Zack are dating

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, October 19, 2021 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Yeah Snoops, I read the same thing. 🙏

Chieko

11-20-2003

Tuesday, October 19, 2021 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I even saw pictures. Kind of a fun development.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, October 20, 2021 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Mouth drop at that spoiler.😀

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, October 20, 2021 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm not impressed. Darn it.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Thursday, October 21, 2021 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Well, the trip was a little unsettling. Out of 5 couples only two of them would consent to sleeping in the same room together. I've tried to give Makayla the benefit of a doubt but she obviously has problems. Not only does she have anger management problems but she is vindictive and can't keep her stories straight. No one should have to live with someone that is so volatile. It just won't work. I was kind of surprised at Brett but she must have just reached her limit, and Johnny and Bao can't even stand to sit next to each other. It was a real train wreck.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 21, 2021 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, this season has been a train wreck. C'mon, give us some couples that ARE compatible, not polar opposites!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, October 22, 2021 - 6:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I wonder if Michaela is bi-polar among other things.
As far as the spoiler goes, she may be exactly who he needs. Calming, soothing and pacifying.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, October 22, 2021 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
FWIW, the behavior Makayla exhibits can be from many things, childhood trauma, PTSD, etc... volatility like that has many causes. I see it a lot in the kids I work with, trauma survivors, they just have so many buried strong emotions that the slightest thing can tip them over into an outburst.

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Friday, October 22, 2021 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Zack may not be a saint in the relationship, but no one should have to put up with Michaela's volatility. Shame on production and the "experts" for not vetting better and casting her on this show. More likely it was intentional casting for the drama. She is not emotionally healthy enough to be in any type of relationship, let alone a marriage.
I'm starting to warm up to Myrla, but think she is likely the one to end with the biggest heartbreak this season. She has been making strides; showing affection towards Gil; committing to the relationship and has even done a 180 degree turn about the dog. Yet Gil is focusing more than ever on her negativity and that will be their demise.
This season really is awful. I much prefer watching Couple Cam with the couples that are still together.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Friday, October 22, 2021 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Yes, Karuuna, I think Makayla has said that she has abandonment issues and I did think she was trying hard to remain calm earlier but it is something she has not come to terms with. I was not sure if she was trying to make light of her situation to avoid embarrassment at the barn or if she really thinks her behavior is justified.

Snoopsmom, I agree with everything that you have said. Apparently she has gotten away with her arrogant, elitist attitude for quite awhile but I really do think she could change for Gil. She finally seems smitten with him but he may have given up on her. It was awfully cute how she was spending time alone with the dog and they even brought him to the retreat.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, October 22, 2021 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think there are several who should have been vetted for readiness for a mature relationship:
Jose
Makayla
Johnny
Zak - I'm not sure he's that much better than Makayla. I know when you're with someone who behaves erratically you can become erratic too, but still, mature people don't over-react, and he certainly has done some weird stuff that triggers her as well. A marriage made in hell.

On the other hand, I think Brett and Rhett could have done well if they had better matches, as well as Bao, Gil and Rachel. It's really a shame that they matched them so poorly.

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Friday, October 22, 2021 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Kar, I agree on all except Zack. He said himself that he doesn't like who he's become in the relationship with Michaela, so hold out hope he can learn from it in his next relationship.
There are just too many dislikeable individuals this season. In other seasons I may not have liked the match-ups, but don't remember actively disliking the individuals.
Hope the "experts" get back on track for next season and don't mismatch couples for drama, otherwise I may be out.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, October 22, 2021 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
There's an old saying... if you squeeze an orange, you get orange juice. Not coffee, tea or anything else.

Zac got "squeezed" by Makayla. If he was not capable of that ugly behavior, he would not have behaved that way.

Which says to me: what happens in life when he gets stressed by other things?