TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 25, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Fashion Design/Modeling/Pageant Shows: Project Runway (Season 19): Archive through October 25, 2021 users admin

Grooch

06-16-2006

Saturday, October 16, 2021 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Ok, definitely a wig. Bones is also a dancer.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, October 16, 2021 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yeah he's only really been a designer the last few years.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Saturday, October 16, 2021 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I got dragged away by life for a few hours and I'm back to watching. I swear that they must have edited things out on the replay. I seem to remember some conversations being longer than what they are showing.

They just showed Bones in another confessional with a long, blonde, wavy wig on. He looks good.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Saturday, October 16, 2021 - 5:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
They definitely snipped things out. It's like a record skipping. Two things I noticed earlier is when the 1 girl got mad at the other girl for using her sewing machine. Yhat scene was like 2 sentences long this time. It didn't have the same effect. And when Bones went out yo the balcony and threw away Darrens cigarette. There was no conversation at all. And now while watching the runway, they are cutting out while designers are taking about their look in mid sentence and all of a sudden there's another model halfway down the runway already. And I have no clue who the designer is because they don't show it. And when Nina introduced the guest judge, all they showed was her saying his name, and they cut to the first model walking.

Very frustrating.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Saturday, October 16, 2021 - 5:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Nina just said, "Now both" and the show skips ahead to the designers standing on the runway with the scary judging music playing. What was she going to say?

Grooch

06-16-2006

Saturday, October 16, 2021 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Ack! The commercials got screwed up. I could hear Project Runway playing but they were showing a peleton commercial. So i hit rewind and the show threw me out and started over at the beginning.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Saturday, October 16, 2021 - 5:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
While fast forwarding it to where i was thrown out, i see that the replay is only an hour long, not 90 minutes long. Why do they have to do that?

Grooch

06-16-2006

Saturday, October 16, 2021 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Now they are cutting out what the designors are saying while they talk about their outfits to the judges. Ridiculous!

I can't even follow the conversation of Darren with his outfit that Bones did. They cut out Darren saying Bones made it! Unbelievable!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, October 16, 2021 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
well that is the thing, people are allowed to help. Bones did not help, he made the dress. that is so much more than help.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Sunday, October 17, 2021 - 3:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Nina will not forget this and will send his ass home as soon as she can.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, October 17, 2021 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Well, the strangest thing happened to me when I was watching my recording. I was about 30 minutes in when my DVR "glitched" and then my recording started showing from the the beginning even though it was showing 30 minutes already played out. Then something truly bizarre happened after this "glitch" - all my recordings from Thursday night and Friday night were messed up. I had to unplug my DVR for a few minutes to re-set it and now it seems to be working correctly.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, October 18, 2021 - 6:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I liked the red outfit best but I don’t like yellow clothes.
I hope the designer that made the cute red outfit doesn’t make those harem style diaper pants with everything. I thought I heard him say that that style of pants was his thing.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, October 21, 2021 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Here's an article that gives a short biography of all the contestants. ‘Project Runway’ season 19 cast photos: Meet the 16 designers competing on Bravo

I have a strong feeling a man is going to win this year. Oh, and I read somewhere else that one of the challenges this season is that they have to design clothes for a Real Housewives reunion. My guess would be Potamic since that series is airing right now. Can't wait for that one!

And don't forget, if you don't watch or tape the original airing of the new episode tonight, they chop off 30 minutes when they re-air it.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, October 22, 2021 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Certainly Meg was in the wrong but I don’t really think the other two were particularly innocent in that whole scenario. If Meg would have said no, she would have gotten criticized for it. She was in a no-win situation. However she was so afraid of being called the if she said no, that she became the . Then Kenneth, he waited until the end of the day after all the work was put into Megs design and asked to change models. Too late buddy. Then Pajjei escalated the melee and made it all about him. I also do not think he should have won with that design.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, October 22, 2021 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, what a fabulous Banner!!!!

Thank you Jimmer!!!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 22, 2021 - 8:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Meg was put in an untenable position.. but she kind of put herself in line for that position.

We really won't know, though, if she would have been approached that late in the day and still been criticized or been put in a sticky position.

She indeed should have just said no, since she has already measured and cut for the original model.

I think Christian sort of added to this, inadvertently, by negotiating the other trade.

They are kind of contradicting themselves (production and the designers) since they are ramping up the diversity (they always had that in some measure) amongst the models and designers, but the idea at first seemed to be that designers should be able to design for all sizes, genders, ethnicities.. so now some of them want to say, but I want to cherry pick for MY esthetic.

So I want to design for a small asian male..what if you had gotten a plus sized white female?

They probably should have a deadline for swapping models and then that is that.

Love the banner, Jimmer! Meg quit, so she is gone and they didn't send anyone home.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, October 23, 2021 - 2:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
and boy! did a lot of people deserve to go home! so many stinkers.

Did not love all the winners either, but I am not a client for street wear, but just a crabby old lady. I never really like loose pieces hanging off probably because I don't just walk on a run way but get in and out of cars, and have memories of riding trains and subways. I understand red carpet clothes do not have to travel (do some put them on in trailers before they get out because I don't believe they can sit in them until they arrive?)

this was an uncomfortable show because of all the anger. what could have been talked about was angered about. Taking into persective,the first task seemedto exhaust them so people are working on tired brains.

First Prajje complains to Meg for a long time, and when she sympathizes in a failed way, he stands there thinking how bad she is instead of walking away and decides she is fake. Sometimes people are just don't know how to agree. Ignorance of the law is no excuse, but in real life conversations, some times ignorance is an excuse.
Now Kenneth seemed to like being a victim, yes, Meg was very rude to him, but she was doing him a favor, I think that is why she expected him to defend her. When more people got involved, she pretty much had to leave. She was not one who could thrive being hated like some past contestants.

I think it could have been handled better by all if they were not so exhausted.

but still some of those clothes!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, October 23, 2021 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I cant believe they liked that outfit that looked like a tablecloth! that blue and white piece.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, October 23, 2021 - 5:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I preferred the one outfit with the reversible jacket. Very well done and actual street clothes.

I had hope but figured the judges, who loved the outfit, just would not make him the winner.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, October 23, 2021 - 5:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oh and you can tell how dated this is in terms of when it was filmed.. Otherwise the one jacket would say "I can't breathe" 😓😓

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, October 25, 2021 - 3:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
This episode was an absolute shit-show.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, October 25, 2021 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Ditto what Lexie said.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, October 25, 2021 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Indeed Lexie_girl, it certainly was a poop fest of a show. A friend and I were talking and I mentioned that had this been the 1st season, that episode was likely enough to make me stop watching.

So glad Meg is gone, she was going to be exhausting. Don't care for Prajje either. I am so weary of people calling other people fake. He stirred the pot with a big ole spoon. I did not think he deserved the win either. The whole model change thing was ridiculous at that stage of the game.
I'm not a street wear fan but thought Aaron's design was far better.

Katie just makes me shake my head. She dresses like a 4 year old who wants to wear EVERYTHING in the dress up box at once. Then designs the same way. She practically makes Hester Sunshine's odd niche stuff look tame. At least Hester's clothes appeared well made.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, October 25, 2021 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I was just surprised that since it was "first come first serve"...they all had the chance to grab the model they wanted. Then Christian goes and, not only suggests, but initiates the request in person himself to the other designer on behalf of Prajje. Way to put someone on the spot. It would be kind of hard in that situation to say no to Christian Siriano.

That then paved the road for Kenneth to go ask Meg if he could also switch.

Now I wonder if this is going to become reoccurring situation? Very easy to start saying that you only design for a certain type and you want the model to showcase your type of design. They now have a precedence.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, October 25, 2021 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Anyone interested in changing models should have spoken up right then and there. I think that when Christian intervened, they were not as far along in the challenge as when Kenneth decided to ask. Meg had every right and reason to say something along the lines of "No, I have everything designed, cut and started using this model." No apologies, if it had been that important to Kenneth he should have said so at model choosing time.

The whole episode annoyed me to no end.