TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 19, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dancing With The Stars Season 30: Archive through October 19, 2021 users admin

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, October 12, 2021 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Lexie...yes, a good majority of the cast and crew are grumbling to be honest. To be fair there was some internal discord before Tyra. But nothing earth-shattering.

When they forced out Tom and Erin and brought in Tyra.. that was sort of the last straw for many of them. Most of them kept their mouth shut or affirmed that everything was just hunky dory...(I can't say that phrase anymore without thinking of Kathy Hilton and cracking up). They were scared to death they would get fired too. But now that they've seen that the general public is not having it.. it's coming out in the open a little more.

There's no way Tom or Erin are coming back. I guess maybe if it went to another Network and there were completely different executives... Never say never? Maybe if they made Tom the executive producer Plus he were also the host, like Tyra LOL

The executives in charge right now seem to be really close-minded and set in their ways. My fear is they'll let the show go belly up before they'll admit they're wrong and change anything.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, October 13, 2021 - 3:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Although this is a show I just read, I always enjoyed Tyra on her other shows.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, October 13, 2021 - 5:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I saw an interview with Tom yesterday. Don't remember exactly what he said. But he said he thought he was let go because he said he didn't think Sean Spicer was an appropriate contestant as he was a politician, not a star.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Wednesday, October 13, 2021 - 5:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I think I agree with Tom.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, October 13, 2021 - 6:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yet Tom didn't have any problem with the politician who was on the show several years back (for the life of me I can't remember his name).

I never thought of that. I always assumed this show got "BLM'd"

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, October 13, 2021 - 7:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Sean Spicer, Tucker Carlson, Rick Perry, Tom DeLay. I guess you could throw Bristol Palin and Geraldo Rivera in there too?

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Wednesday, October 13, 2021 - 7:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Do we know Tom didn't speak up about them?

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, October 13, 2021 - 7:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
They also have had their share of just controversial contestants in general. Olivia Jade, Carol Baskin, Floyd Mayweather, Paula Deen, Ryan Lochte

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, October 13, 2021 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I thought I read Tom and Erin were replaced because they wanted more diversity with a person of color.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, October 13, 2021 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Tom said it was because he was disagreeing with production about controversial celebrities. He wanted the show to just be a break from reality, not have people that some of the audience would hate.

Then he said something like when Sean Spicer ended up being in the season despite the discussions he'd had, he knew that he was likely on the way out.

I don't actually mind Tyra. The show isn't as warm as it was, but I like the dancing and the judging parts.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, October 13, 2021 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I just find that Tyra takes away from the overall experience of watching the show. It's too much about her and she is not a dancer.

I watched America's Next Top Model for years and I enjoyed her on that show. She's just not a good fit for this one.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, October 13, 2021 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Jimmer I totally agree. Liked Tyra on ANTM...did not like her on AGT or DWTS.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, October 13, 2021 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I'm willing to tolerate her, rather than lose this show. It's my sanity-saver. I'd be sad (devastated) to lose it entirely.

She seems like a nice enough person. Just a bad fit for this show. But... shrug... I can always fast forward to the dances.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, October 13, 2021 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I have searched this thread and can't find any posts on who left LOL I had to go watch the show

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, October 13, 2021 - 11:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
She is just an attention hog with those outfits. And on Spectrum when you have DWTS on your DVR the picture is always Tyra.

But FF is my friend.

Brian and Sharna went home in last place then it was between Matt the former Bachelor and Kenya.

Carrie Ann voted for Matt to stay, then Bruno and Derrick split one for Matt, one for Kenya but they Len, as head judge kept Kenya. .

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, October 14, 2021 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I did not understand that last bit of judging. If Carrie Ann and Bruno both voted to keep Matt and Derrick voted to keep Kenya, isn't that 2 for Matt and 1 for Kenya? How is that a tie that Len had to "break?" What am I missing?

I was a little sad to see Sharna and Brian go home, cause I was enjoying their love story. But he was the worst dancer. Hubby predicted he would go home right after they danced.

Len seemed unusually cheerful this week. I think somebody slipped him a Xanex.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, October 14, 2021 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
The rule on voting is that if the three non-head judges are split, then Len gets to decide. If all three agree, then Len has no say.

Yes, it was fun to see Sharna and Brian, but he was the worst dancer, so I'm okay with them going. I'm also okay with the Bachelor leaving. So far all my favorites are doing well.

And yes, I FF through all of Tyra. I hope the producers know this.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, October 14, 2021 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
TY Sea! this thread is more about Tyra than the dancers lol

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, October 15, 2021 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Tyra is a huge distraction from the show. On every FB post on the DWTS page, posters are overwhelmingly talking about Tyra and how much they hate her.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, October 18, 2021 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Just read

Olivia Newton-John To Appear On 'DWTS' For 'Grease' Night As Host Tyra Banks Looks To Boost Ratings

Guess we know what Tyra's next outfit is going to be. But I am worried about the ratings.....

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, October 18, 2021 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Would that be Sandy's slutty look? lol.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, October 18, 2021 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
"Grease" night. So fun! One of my favorite movies, too. I actually went to see it at the theater, one of my very first dates. I was only 15. Of course, have seen it many many times since then.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, October 18, 2021 - 6:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I'm crossing my fingers for a poodle skirt LOL

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, October 18, 2021 - 11:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Why does Tyra insist on dressing like a 15 year old? Black dress looked okay but could have done without the slit all the way up the side. At least she didn't come parading out like on a Runway. Sorry I'm just so over her.

Kenya, on the other hand, looked drop dead gorgeous and classy. She did a great job on her dance.

Is it me? Or does Cheryl seem...not at the top of her game this season? I literally don't know what it is. I always usually enjoy her so much. Something seems off

Iman should have gone home tonight. No way should Olivia and Melanie been in bottom two. Derek was right. What have you done America?

I just got to say...I'm still not sold on 2 dancers doing the same part. As an ex dancer...I see it like you have a left shoe and a right shoe. It doesn't work as a competition dance to have 2 dancers doing the same parts.

In partner dancing one is the "post" and that the other dancer dances around them..sort of. When you have 2 partners dancing the same part... Or are interchanging, going in and out of each other's role. It doesn't seem like it is fair for the other couples.

The female part is always more involved and more deep than the males role. So in some senses, it almost seems to be an advantage to be two women dancing together. Imagine if it were two men. I would have been more impressed if they had started with two men as their first same-sex couple. To me it's the same old double standard. Sorry, don't want to piss anybody off but that's how I feel
(Ducking)

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, October 19, 2021 - 6:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Kenya always looks gorgeous. She's a beautiful woman. I would kill to have a body as toned as her's. I have felt that Kenya was being underscored while others were being overscored. She finally got the score she deserved last night. FF through Tyra and the intros was the way to go.

Olivia Newton-John looked great in spite of her health issues.