TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 12, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dancing With The Stars Season 30: Archive through October 12, 2021 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, September 30, 2021 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
So this was the second time Cody caught COVID...

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, September 30, 2021 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes Bindi was one of the high points on this show and she and her family are a real highlight on Instagram for me.

I could not bear to watch this without fast forward through Tyra. Being on West coast I lost the voting aspects of the show long ago.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, October 01, 2021 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
FFing thru Tyra is the only way to watch this show. I hope the producers all realize how much their audience overwhelmingly hates her. I wonder how long of a contract she has?

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Friday, October 01, 2021 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Well Cody and Cheryl will compete next week- virtually...

https://ew.com/tv/dancing-with-the-stars-cody-rigsby-cheryl-burke-dancing-virtually/

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, October 01, 2021 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well that does make sense. Sort of.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, October 02, 2021 - 2:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Babyjax.. Unfortunately, Tyra is a producer. 😡😡

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, October 02, 2021 - 2:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I wonder if they will prerecord and synch Cheryl's video with Cody's.

Live musical zooms can be disturbing as they rarely synch. Anything on Zoom where multiple people song of play music together and all are together, those are pre recorded and synched.

Mild case, though Cheryl looked pretty ragged when she first announced her positive test.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, October 02, 2021 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Sea, yes Tyra is a producer, but they all have contracts. Many stars of TV shows are listed as Executive Producers. I think in most cases, it's just an honorarium, and they don't really "produce" that much. She can still be fired if she's hurting the show. I hear so many people saying they stopped watching once she started hosting. Somebody's got to be listening to that.

Case in point: Mike Richards, Executive Producer and host of Jeopardy, was recently fired.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, October 04, 2021 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Mike Richards for good reasons.

But I would love to see Tyra exit the show, for sure.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, October 05, 2021 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Okay... Britney week. Sorry Tyra, that was not a good look. When she came on with the second green dress from far away I said well that's probably the best look she has had. Then they did a close up on it...and no I take that back LOL she says she has a special costume for Halloween. Can't wait, they all have looked like costumes to me so far.

Really everyone this year as far as the contestants go are pretty darn good. You can tell they all want to do well.

For me, this year, the scoring seems to be off. I did not think that Iman was that good and should have been in the bottom too both last week and this week. Even though this week he did better. I don't know how Jojo misses a step and there's a fall and yet they get high scores. I don't know how Kenya and Christine were in the bottom two??? But I thought they would have kept Christine. But they're both very good. And if Olivia Jade had the best dance of all season long so far... How did she get the same score as Jojo and Amanda?

Poor Cody and Cheryl. Bruno was right it was very hard to judge them because they weren't even on the same plane with each other. One was further away from the camera one was closer. I don't understand if they're both vaccinated and if they both caught covid, obviously from each other why they couldn't perform together in a remote location? Why couldn't Cheryl have gone to Cody's house or the reverse? It sure will be interesting if anyone else catches covid.

I wonder if Derek was hanging out with Cody and Cheryl?

Also sadly I have to say... The Britney songs sung by the cover band... Some of those songs were pretty sad. Maybe Britney can come out of retirement and do one song at the finale?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, October 05, 2021 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I watched Kenya's tango on YT and it was wonderful. It seems to me like they are deliberately underscoring her. She's had three great performances.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, October 05, 2021 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I am really enjoying this season. I ff thru most of the judges and Tyra but last night I didnt FF as much as normal and I wasnt as irritated as in the past. Tyra's 2 outfits werent that bad last nite

I am loving Olivia!! what a surprise she is. JoJo was great but she is a dancer so I expect it

I thought the Miz was really good for not being a dancer. As one of the older dancers, Melora was also impressive. I thought Matt was underscored, I enjoyed his dance

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, October 05, 2021 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Was that Brittney in the audience? Or an impersonator?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, October 05, 2021 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I'm pretty sure if it was Brit they would have announced it. I thought it was cheesy of them to keep panning to that look a like

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, October 07, 2021 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think that might have been Whitney with the hat on (she didn't wear the hat or the sunglasses in her dance). I thought she looked a lot like Brittney when she was dancing.

OMG, Tyra is not as cute or as slender as she thinks she is. Hubby thinks she looks like a linebacker. Her first costume (Brit as a schoolgirl) was hideous and her second (with the snake) was even worse. UGH!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, October 11, 2021 - 11:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Tyra's first dress. Didn't hate it, didn't love it. Meh...the necklace looked uncomfortable. But maybe her best look yet. Second dress... There was something familiar...I couldn't quite figure out why it felt like deja vu. Then it hit me. Anyone remember Carol Burnett and her Gone With The Wind skit? The dress she came down the stairs with (as Scarlett O'Hara) made from the curtains? For me, all that was missing was the curtain rod LOL

You know who has great outfits? Bruno!

I don't really care for Theme Nights but it was cute. The dancers were great. Some of the scoring... unexpected. My recording ended right in the middle of Tyra's sentence. But I gathered that no one went home tonight. I'll have to go watch it On Demand to see the last few minutes.

Does this mean that tomorrow TWO couple go home?

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, October 11, 2021 - 11:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Shoot, moderator can you remove double post... Thanks

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Tuesday, October 12, 2021 - 5:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Fun Fact: I learned this morning that if you fast forward through all of Tyra, all of the commercials, and most of the back stories, you can get through a 2 hour episode in 25 minutes.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 12, 2021 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yep.. Been doing that fast forwarding for a long time!

Since, I also thought of the Carol Burnett Gone With the Wind curtain dress..

The necklace in the first outfit I suppose was associated with the Lion King music for her entrance.

This was a long commercial, to be continued, for Disney, for sure.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Tuesday, October 12, 2021 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I don't even stop to see Tyra's outfits...the sooner she is off of my screen the better.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, October 12, 2021 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
It's not just us that are unhappy. It's a good part of the cast and crew. They are afraid that this will be the last year. This is one of my favorite shows and I will be sad if it comes to an end because of mostly one decision.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, October 12, 2021 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
If it's in danger of cancellation, then hopefully the network will step in and steer the show in the right direction, either by rehiring Tom and Erin, or at least getting rid of Tyra as host.

Also... several shows are reborn on other channels. Let's hope if there's even a possibility of cancellation, maybe the women's network, hallmark or whatever will rescue it.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, October 12, 2021 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Sincebb1, is the cast and crew unhappy with Tyra?

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, October 12, 2021 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Is there a special show tonight? I see it listed.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Tuesday, October 12, 2021 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Yes, there is Jimmer. (Honestly, I'm surprised I know this since I don't normally watch this show, but I LOVE Jimmie Allen)