TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 23, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Relationships: Married At First Sight on FYI (formerly the Biography channel): Archive through September 23, 2021 users admin

Chieko

11-20-2003

Thursday, August 26, 2021 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Yes, I admire Johnny's dedication to his personal hygiene but he really has no right to impose his standards on someone else. I believe bathing three times a week is about normal and I think I've heard it is not particularly good for your skin to wash it so often. I wonder how often he changes his underwear and sheets? He is creating a problem with Bao before there is one. I had to laugh during unfiltered, the men said that exercising then not showering was not conducive to intimacy. Bao said some days she is just too exhausted to bathe. In those cases I doubt she is interested in intimacy. LOL

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, August 26, 2021 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, showering three times a day? My son went thru that as a teenager, but then he would shower after he did something that made him sweaty - like working out, or playing basketball, etc. Now that he's in his late 20's that's evened out a bit.

I would say if Bao is too exhausted to bathe, that might be a sign of depression? *might*

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, August 26, 2021 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Here in Canada I can watch the MAFS and MAFS Couples Cam , but apparently not MAFS UNFILTERED. Anyone have current links to it on YouTube or somesuch? That would be tremendously appreciated.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Thursday, August 26, 2021 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Sorry Mameblanche, I'll let you know if I run across an alternative way to watch.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, August 26, 2021 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thanks Chieko.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, August 26, 2021 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
If I showered three times a day my skin would look and feel like an alligator. I wondered if maybe production doesn’t like Michaela and that’s why they sent her home under the guise of keeping her safe from covid. Maybe she’s too demanding or unfriendly but that’d make more sense of it were Myrla.

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Thursday, August 26, 2021 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I think it's time to replace the "experts". Seems Dr. Pepper, Vivian and Pastor Cal really missed the boat with these pairings. None of these couples seem compatible, and only a handful of the people are likeable as individuals. I'm watching, but rapidly losing interest this season.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Friday, August 27, 2021 - 2:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
That is a totally ridiculous speculation about Michaela. Production was following COVID protocol - full stop. Zach has to be "isolated" which means being in one area/room until he is ok. No way could he travel home and expose others. Michaela had to quarantine which means not being around anyone for 14 days. This was filmed right as the vaccines started to be available, so most of these people would not have qualified to get the vaccine yet, unless an underlying medical issue or where they work. If protocols showed it safe to return home, i totally would have sent Michaela home to do the quarantine. The honeymoon would be over before the quarantine is over, she cant interact with anyone, hotels provide very limited service, so why not put her in the comfort of home during that period, so she is ready to go back in Houston once the quarantine is over. I feel bad for Zach being stuck in the hotel room until he was cleared to travel...isolation is tough!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, August 27, 2021 - 5:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Totally ridiculous speculation? Seems putting her on a plane full of passengers is what’s ridiculous. If Zach could be quarantined in his hotel room why couldn’t she be quarantined in the room next to his. They could hang out on the balconies together.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Friday, August 27, 2021 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Yes, that is the part that confused me. How could she even travel if she was to be quarantined? Did anyone else have to quarantine from being in contact with Zach?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, August 27, 2021 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
They tested her and she was negative, so she would be cleared to travel.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Friday, August 27, 2021 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
You test negative for the first five days that you have it at a minimum. We didn't test positive until day 6 in our family.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, August 27, 2021 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
People who are fully vaccinated or have had Covid in the three months prior are not required to quarantine. This took place in February, so it's possible that she was vaccinated? We don't know.

The current guidelines for testing after exposed are 3-5 days after exposure.

She would have been required to have a negative Covid test AND be masked while flying home.

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Thursday, September 09, 2021 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
My heart broke for Bao during last night's episode. No matter what she does, it's not enough for Johnny. I don't think there is anyone in the world good enough for him.
I'm over Michaela. She seems unbalanced and I think she needs some serious counseling to deal with her past. Zach should run.
Ryan is going to break Brett's heart. She's falling for him and he is just not that into her. Don't really know what she sees in him, he has no personality in my opinion.
Jose and Rachel bore me, I don't pay any attention to them.
Gil is the catch of this season. He's so patient, reasonable, calm and mature. Not hard on the eyes either. I find the relationship between Gil and Myrla fascinating. They look good together, have a great bantering, friendly relationship and seem to have a lot of respect for each other. If she could just lighten up a little and compromise they might have a chance. Still think he would have been better paired with Brett though.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, September 11, 2021 - 6:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I think I agree with everything you said Snoops. Johnny is beginning to be my least favorite. I wished Bao would be as critical of him occasionally. Take him down a peg or two.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Saturday, September 18, 2021 - 8:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Why does Myrla always have to be such a "witch"? She is such a disagreeable person.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, September 18, 2021 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Bao really deserves someone who loves her for who she is, altho I do agree that sometimes she can be too intense (like with the painting episode). On the other hand, Johnny could have defused that with throwing some positivity her way instead of being so dour about it. No doubt that his desire for the perfect spouse triggers her own worry that she's not good enough.. and so it goes.

I agree about Brett and Ryan. I get the attraction to the rough, tough, strong guy, but in the long run, there's nothing there.

Gil is wonderful. Myrla is way too self-involved. Not that he doesn't have his issues as well, but they are minor in comparison.

I'm still thinking that Jose and Rachel will crash and burn. She's being very acquiescent right now, but that gets old. She's not a child!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, September 19, 2021 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I don’t think Jose is as bad as some are saying, sure he’s a little machismo that may come from his Latin upbringing. I think he can be trained to take it down a notch or two and to also ease up some on the finances. He’s got potential.
Myra, I run warm and cold on her, mostly cold.
Zach-yes, Michaela seems like she could snap at any second but he seems kind of intense in his own way too.
I hope Ryan comes around for Bret.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Tuesday, September 21, 2021 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
I like Myrla. She has the right to want and buy finer things. She built her career to be able to afford what she wants and we know she has a much larger savings account than he does because of how surprised he was when she showed him. I'm tired of him calling her bougie and reacting like he did - getting hurt feelings when she said she wanted a brunch buddy.

They both need to compromise.

I can't believe that Rachel and Jose said they love each other. She sees the red flags but doesn't want to "see" them. I loved how he was at the baby goat yoga, he did look like he would be a good dad from that. I don't think he's a bad guy. We laughed that night when we went to bed and both realized that we use the toothbrush in the middle also. Once it gets low then we roll up from the bottom but both our tubes were squeezed in the middle. Not sure what that says about us.

I think Ryan must be much more expressive when they're not on camera. It was so sweet what she did with the Jenga. And, she is so genuine that she didn't give him the assignment to write cards for her also. Ryan & Myrla would probably be a good match since he's a private plane guy and she likes the finer thing.

Maybe those who want Gil and Brett will get it and then Myrla and Ryan .

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, September 21, 2021 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I just want to say don't read the spoilers, it never bothered me before, but has totally ruined this set for me. I can't watch. Even for a minute. Wasn't like this other years.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, September 22, 2021 - 2:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
sadiesmom - totally. i virtually never read spoilers - especially this early. I did for this season. uggh is an understatement.

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Wednesday, September 22, 2021 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I read the spoilers too. Didn't find them surprising and I'm still watching.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, September 22, 2021 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I’m picking up what y’all are throwing down. :-(

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, September 22, 2021 - 7:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Good Lord all these men are high maintenance.

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Thursday, September 23, 2021 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I have so much to say after last night's episode and the follow up show with the panel giving their opinions at the halfway point.
Dr. Viviana drove me crazy! Seemed like all she wanted was to promote sex and not really listen and give constructive help to any of the couples.
Rachel needs to RUN, not walk away from Jose now. His behavior was totally unacceptable and beyond being controlling, think that without cameras around he could become physically abusive. No one should put up with being belittled and dismissed like that. He's the guy that would physically hurt someone and then make the victim think it was her fault for "making" him do it.

Myrla and Gil. I adore Gil, but am seeing Myrla's point more. I can understand and respect her moving slow and guarding herself against getting intimate too soon. I think she could be a little more easy going and compromising but they really do seem to have a relationship based on mutual respect and do enjoy each other's company. She also seemed to really hear what he had to say about feeling wanted for himself and relaxing a little. Actually don't blame her at all for not wanting to do body shots or some other exploitive behavior, especially in front of a crew and cameras!
Brett needs to open her eyes and realize there is no hope for more from Ryan. He's just vacant and by trying to be "nice" will break her heart even worse.
I found the after show with Kevin Hart interesting, especially the general consensus that Zach is the root of the problem in the relationship with Michaela! I see Michaela being on par with Jose as far as volatility that could lead to physical abuse and think Zach should run from that time bomb!
It's obvious that this season's pairings by the "experts" were made for drama, not for putting compatible people together that would have the potential to build thriving relationships. Such a shame, as I for one, would much rather watch a happy, loving successful relationship building.