TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 21, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dancing With The Stars Season 30: Archive through September 21, 2021 users admin

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Thursday, August 26, 2021 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
They announced the first two celebs for the new season- they'll be interviewed Friday 8/27 on Good Morning America, and will also appear with the rest of the cast when they're announced on Wed 9/8:

-Gold Medal Olympian Gymnast Suni Lee

-Singer/dancer/author/actor Jojo Siwa (and while her pro wasn't revealed, it will be a female for the first same-sex couple in the show's history)

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, August 28, 2021 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Saw a commercial. Starts Sep. 20.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, August 29, 2021 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
We might give this a try, though I’m not at all a fan of the changes that they’ve made to the series with Tyra taking over as host.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, August 29, 2021 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I hate Tyra, but I love this show. I wonder how long they'll keep Tyra as the host, since the reaction to her had been overwhelmingly negative. She's just awful.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, August 29, 2021 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I don't understand the business logic in keeping an unpopular host. Maybe it's too expensive to get out of her contract or something but you'd think that lower ratings would be enough incentive (if the audience is in fact down).

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Tuesday, September 07, 2021 - 7:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
The cast is officially announced tomorrow, but some rumored names are;

Olivia Jade (infamous influencer- Lori Laughlin’s daughter who was involved in the big college bribery scandal)

Kenya Moore (from Real Housewives of Atlanta)

Mel C (“Sporty” Spice of the Spice Girls)

Brian Austin Green (actor famous for Beverly Hills 90210)

The Miz (WWE Superstar- before that was on The Real World)

Chris Harrison (recently was forced out as The Bachelor host)

Leann Rimes (singer- won The Masked Singer a couple seasons back)

Fran Drescher (comedian known for The Nanny”)

Luann de Lesseps (Real Housewives of New York)

Blake Moynes (won The Bachelorette a few weeks ago)

Katie Thurston (was The Bachelorette a few weeks ago)

Matt James (was The Bachelor a few months ago)

Hilaria Baldwin (Alec Baldwin’s wife)

Amanda Kloots (talk show host)

Iman Shumpert (NBA player)

It’s going to be a big cast- 15 couples.

The pros are:

Female-Cheryl Burke, Emma Slater, Jenna Johnson, Lindsay Arnold, Sharna Burgess, Daniella Karagach, Witney Carson and Britt Stewart.

Male-Alan Bersten, Artem Chigvintsev, Brandon Armstrong, Gleb Savchenko, Pasha Pashkov, Sasha Farber and Valentin "Val" Chmerkovskiy

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, September 07, 2021 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
The only one I’m excited to see is Brian Austin Green, after seeing him on the Masked Dancer.

With Jojo Siwa and Sunni Lee, that would make 17 couples. That would be way too many.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Tuesday, September 07, 2021 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Yeah- they usually have a ton more names that are rumored than actually are in (some of them are who the producers are aiming for but haven’t locked down)

Mel C was spotted at a dance studio, so she’s probably in and The Miz was temporarily “written off” from his WWE stuff so he’s almost assuredly in- I think 3 Bachelor/Bachelorette people is 1 too many, not to mention Chris Harrison, so maybe 2 of those 4 are in….and it’ll be 8 female and 7 male celebs (since JoJo has a female partner). Plus there are always 1 or 2 that come out of left field the gossip places miss.. So while I’d think some of these names are right, a lot won’t be.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Wednesday, September 08, 2021 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Well that rumored list was about half accurate, as expected…

The official celeb list:

· Country singer Jimmie Allen
· Spice Girl Melanie C
· Christine Chiu ("Bling Empire")
· Brian Austin Green ("Beverly Hills, 90210")
· Melora Hardin ("The Office")
· Social media star Olivia Jade
· Matt James ("The Bachelor")
· Amanda Kloots ("The Talk")  
· Martin Kove ("Cobra Kai")
· Gold medal Olympian Suni Lee
· WWE Superstar Mike "The Miz" Mizanin
· Kenya Moore ("The Real Housewives of Atlanta")
· Peloton star instructor Cody Rigsby
· NBA star Iman Shumpert
· Popstar JoJo Siwa

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Wednesday, September 08, 2021 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
OMG....I never watch this, but I might have to watch just for Jimmie Allen!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, September 08, 2021 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I've never heard of any of these people.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, September 08, 2021 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Many are unfamiliar to me. But I adore Amanda Kloots. She's a bright light of positivity.
And of course the Olympic Gymnast is a delight.
Actress Melora Hardin is not a name I know, but she's one of those faces that I've seen in countless shows and movies and have always enjoyed.
And of course The Bachelor. And the guy from BH90210, and a Spice girl.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, September 20, 2021 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm happy to do a banner for those of us still watching. However, I'm having trouble finding pictures of the couples (both people together). If anyone else finds some, let me know where?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, September 20, 2021 - 8:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I did not watch or record. I watched The Voice auditions.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, September 20, 2021 - 10:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Was busy, so I taped it. (Actually tape ALL my programs.) Saw a bit and like this group. Not too many duds. Mostly enjoyable.
:-)

I love this show. It's my stress-reliever. It ALWAYS lifts my spirits and this year is beyond stressful on way too many levels. :-( So I am THRILLED it's DWTS time again. It's my happy place. ♡

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, September 20, 2021 - 10:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, looks like they wanted to keep the jojo/jenna pair a secret, that's probably why no pairs pix yet. I'll be on the lookout and let you know when they finally release the pairs pix. :-)

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, September 21, 2021 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I recorded so I can FF through the host and much of the voting. This show is fun and uplifting. I liked all of the dancers a lot, except that Kobra Kai guy. If he doesn't go home first, there is no justice. LOL.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, September 21, 2021 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Of course my cable went out yesterday and didn't come on until five minutes before show ended. So I went on YT and found the video of Kenya Moore's dance. She scored a 26 out of 40 - which is pretty good for the first night.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Tuesday, September 21, 2021 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
If Jojo doesn’t make at least the finale I’d be shocked- she’s better than pretty much everyone right now (and led the leaderboard- but her score was inflated a point a 2 I thought)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, September 21, 2021 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes indeed it was a bit inflated. I hope her costumes are not all dancing billboards for the giant bows she sells.

She is kind of annoying in general, but definitely can dance!

Happy to have Len back.

Fast forward through Tyra..

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, September 21, 2021 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/dancing-with-the-stars-lineup-who-is-partnered-with-who-for-season-30/ar-AAOF1Dj?ocid=uxbndlbing

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, September 21, 2021 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Brenda, ITA! him and Miz can go. I was surprised at how many of the contestants that I enjoyed. I love Jojo, her energy is infectious. They did a wonderful job on the routine

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, September 21, 2021 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I do agree her score was higher than it should have been with Jenna's slip but then again I gave Jojo a point for not skipping a beat and helping Jenna.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, September 21, 2021 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Both DH and I thought JoJo's dance was a sloppy mess. Their good scores were a bit stunning.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, September 21, 2021 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Pamy, for me, infectious is a way the has me grabbing a mask..