TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 26, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Relationships: Married At First Sight on FYI (formerly the Biography channel): Archive through August 26, 2021 users admin

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Monday, July 12, 2021 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
So much for the big second wedding they were planning for New Year's Eve.

https://people.com/tv/married-at-first-sight-ryan-oubre-clara-berghaus-getting-divorced/

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, July 12, 2021 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Not really a surprise.

Yeah, the season finale of Australia was pretty wild! Sam wasn't even brave enough to show up, and he got his too.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, July 16, 2021 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Virginia and Eric divorcing too.

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Friday, July 16, 2021 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I had heard rumor about Eric and Virginia, but didn't see any news stories until yesterday.
No surprise there. Between her drinking and his controlling nature never thought they'd last past decision day.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, July 16, 2021 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, when they looked at each other, you could tell she really cared about him, and him about her.

But those major differences can kill attraction, and caring, over time.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, July 22, 2021 - 5:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
The Asian couple is off to a great start. I’m least confident on the Jose and new spouse pairing. I bet he’s not going to be attracted to her.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Thursday, July 22, 2021 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
The Asian couple is off to a great start.

I wonder. Johnny didn't seem so upbeat during the unfiltered show. He seemed quite put out at her reaction to his gifts.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, July 23, 2021 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Just watched the unfiltered show, I’ve never seen such a sad sack bunch of men. Johnny seems OK,but the other two looked very unhappy. I think Zach is very attractive but I don’t think his spouse is. It helped when she added the longer braids though.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, July 29, 2021 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Good vibes for Zach and Michela. I want to marry Zach myself. Not too crazy for Myrla, but I like her groom.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Thursday, July 29, 2021 - 11:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Not too crazy for Myrla, but I like her groom.

Same here. So far she is coming off as way too self-centered and opinionated. I think she is going to be a piece of work to try to get along with.

Of no particular concern but I found it odd that a girl that is so invested in heavy fake eye lashes and lots of hair extensions would be so opposed to having a little foundation applied to tone down her bright red nose. Also what is that on her upper chest? Is it a birth mark, a mole, a tattoo? I find it distracting.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, August 05, 2021 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I think that’s a tattoo. I’m giving them a thumbs down,I think they are least likely to make it but did you see the previews of Michaela going off the rails?

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Thursday, August 05, 2021 - 3:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I agree. Myrla and Gil look great together, but other than than seem terribly mismatched. I think Gil would have been great with Brett. Both seem humble, non-materialistic and work in professions serving the public.
Not a big fan of Michaela. She's too over the top and seems a bit of a drama queen.
So far, I am enjoying this season.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Friday, August 06, 2021 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
I think that’s a tattoo.
LOL, I keep thinking maybe she has skin cancer.

It appears that Michaela does get upset! Yelling at Ryan that he should have stopped him and slamming doors shut.

Myrla seems to think she is pretty special but I'm not sure Gil is going to agree.

I just haven't gotten a read on Jose and Rachel and Ryan and Brett, yet. Those four all seem pretty nervous and awkward.

Bao and Johnny are pretty cute together.

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Thursday, August 19, 2021 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Is no one watching this season?
Each episode I love Gil more and more. He has such a great attitude putting up with Myrla's entitled attitude. Loved that he went to the pool to join the others without her and thought the ball with the face drawn on it with the long eyelashes was hilarious!
Michaela sure showed her true colors last night. Not a bit of concern for Zach's health, just a spoiled brat. Don't care for her at all.
Verdict is still out on Ryan and Brett. They don't seem right for each other. Ryan is so introverted. Still wish Brett had been paired with Gil.
I think Jose/Rachel and Bao/Johnny will work through their differences and be the only successes of the season.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, August 19, 2021 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Still watching.

Pretty sure Myrla and Gil won't work out. Personally I might have dumped her already - he does have a great attitude and I think he deserves better.

I'm going to go easy on Michaela, that may just be the editing. In fact, she wanted to be with him in spite of the Covid, risking her own health to take care of him.

I agree Ryan and Brett would have been better together. And Ryan seems... controlling and inflexible.

Jose is another controlling guy, and more than a little OCD? Hopefully that will work, but I'm not sure.

I love Bao/Johnny together. He certainly has fallen head over heels, but seems to start worrying over the smallest sign. She seems more reserved, and hopefully she is as into him as he is to her. Fingers crossed.

In other news, I heard that it sounds like Amelia dumped Bennett and broke his heart. :-(

Eroica

07-28-2005

Thursday, August 19, 2021 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Eroica a private message Print Post    
Really like Bao and Johnny together. Do not think the others will last. Myrla does not deserve Gil.
He seems like such a nice guy with a great sense of humor.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Thursday, August 19, 2021 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
I am okay with Myrla and think the "high maintenance" name calling is unfair. She works hard for her money and can have brand name things and shop if she wants. She is not asking him to buy her things. There are plenty of women in my community who buy name brand clothing, accessories, and shoes, and they are still nice with nice husbands. That is not where I choose to spend my money but that is my choice just like how she spends the money she works hard for is her choice.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, August 19, 2021 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'ts not just about the stuff.

Complaining about the honeymoon venue and the view comes to mind. Calling it an "old folks home"... pretty insulting.

She got a free wedding, and a free honeymoon, and she's complaining??

Complaining about the breakfast, too... there are others... but all she does is complain.

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Thursday, August 19, 2021 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I agree with car, Myrla's desire for nice things is the least of it. She is miserable about everything and doesn't understand the word compromise. She goes out of her way to be disagreeable. What was the reason she wouldn't go to the pool to socialize with everyone? She was totally ungrateful to the effort Gil put into arranging the helicopter ride.
Also, even though she has worked hard to afford her nice things she has said on multiple occasions that she wanted a husband who could provide nice things and afford to live the lifestyle she lives.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, August 19, 2021 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, there was also her little speech about what were appropriate gifts to give her (Cartier) and what wasn't.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, August 19, 2021 - 9:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I should not have read the spoilers after looking through the love island where are they now, I tend to look at everything with a jaded eye. So sad after last season, where everything was so obvious and easy. More yard work less googling for me.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, August 22, 2021 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
That makes no sense sending Michaela back home on a plane. the right thing to do would be to quarantine her in a separate hotel room instead of potentially infecting a plane full of passengers. I thought she made Zack having Covid all about her. Heaven forbid she not get to wear all her cute bikinis.
I’ve never liked women like Myra, was t she even complaining about wanting to get an upgrade on her wedding ring from a marriage where she hasn’t even kissed the guy.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Monday, August 23, 2021 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Once again, I agree with everything you've said, Lakecat.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Thursday, August 26, 2021 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
I don't understand why Michaela went home. Did production send her home? I think she should have remained there. Checked on Zack as much as possible, talked to him from the balcony, dropped little gifts outside his door, ect. In the meantime she could have enjoyed the location and joined in on the group activities and meals and reported back to Zack and gave the group updates on him. It seems very cold to just take off and leave him.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, August 26, 2021 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Chieko, I believe I heard her say "they are sending me back to Houston", which made me feel like she didn't have a choice.

Personally, I think she should have been able to stay also! But maybe they will give them another honeymoon later?

I see lots of conflicts ahead for all of these couples, unfortunately. It seems like they went out of their way to match opposites this year. Controlling versus free spirit, thrifty versus spendy, OCD versus normal... (I mean, if you're insisting your significant other take a shower every night before you go to bed, I get it, but it seems rather anal), political opposites.

Are they just trying to not have any permanent matches??