TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 06, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: My Big Fat Fabulous Life: Archive through January 06, 2021 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, December 10, 2020 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm sorry, I'm not that hard on Whitney. She has had a rough life, and of course her medical condition makes her weight much much much more difficult to control. The average person has an "eating disorder" quite frankly, since over 50% of the US population is obese. She is in fact quite healthy and strong in spite of her weight.

I think she loved Chase and I think Chase loved her, but he was too young. Then the distance happened between them, he wanted what he wanted (to run the bar) and she wanted what she wanted (not to move to Wilmington), and there was a break down in communication. It happens in many relationships, and Covid made everything that much more difficult.

I don't know if Chase wanted to talk to her for camera purposes. I tend not to speculate that kind of thing without any shred of evidence that it's true. I think he loved her, and I think like some guys I have broken up with, doesn't want her to think badly of him. Frankly, it's not realistic, what he did was horribly wrong, even if they were struggling. But again, it's not that unusual.

My heart aches for her, and I have great empathy for her broken heart.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, December 10, 2020 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I don't remember if I knew about the "baby/break up" then, but I remember when she lost the ring thinking... OMG, they are doomed.

Wow, I never think of Whitney having a rough life, she has parents who love and support her, she has created jobs for herself. I reserve "a rough life" for those who grew up in poverty or abuse situations.

Granted her medical condition has caused her a lot of problems, and her eating disorder was modeled for her by her Dad. I remember being stunned that he only ate one meal a day at night.

I do feel for her because I think she was totally in love with Chase, just not sure he was with her.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, December 10, 2020 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
If you haven't grown up fat, you may not realize how awful people can be. It changes who you are. Society can be quite abusive also.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, December 10, 2020 - 11:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Her pain was palpable. Not acting IMHO. I was rooting for them as a couple. Thought he was a sweet, decent fellow and was perfect for her. Now I think he's a scumbag. Good for him wanting to be in the baby's life but he didn't have to dump Whitney, if she was willing to forgive him for such a massive betrayal. Then saying he loves Babymama AND Whitney?! Get over yourself you immature, two-timimg, dream-shattering, soul-destroying, jerk.
Thank heavens for her loyal buddy Buddy. He has impressive listening skills and seemed to give her excellent advice.
Not impressed with Babs timing, deserting her devastated, deeply depressed daughter 2 days later. I understand completely how much she missed her husband, but couldn't she have stuck around at least a week more to reassure and comfort her emotionally wrecked daughter?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, December 11, 2020 - 4:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oh crap, yes! I forgot about losing the ring!

That was crazy and it is way easier to lose a ring that way than one would think! My high school ring, which was properly sized, went into the Pacific, never to be found, at least by me.

I don't know if it was an omen, but it was really unfortunate.

Whitney is beyond obese, though, and she does not seem strong when most challenges leave her breathless or rendered helpless as she sinks into mud or sand.

She uses Photoshop to create impossible images then to promote no body shaming (which is a good thing in itself, but dishonest if you alter your image to look thinner).

I think she loved him. I think he coattailed on Ryan and was there for air time. He parlayed being on tv into bar management.

I just distrust his motives. He could have face timed with her privately.

I think producers used her pain for their drama and may have had them both contractually obligated to expose their pain on camera.

So I distrust production the most.

Her original friends have rallied around, but they are not near.

Seems like (and I am not spoiled beyond the baby being born and Chase posting about that) but it really seems like a move home,be here she owns a house, where the parents she wants to protect live, where her friends live, would be wise, or would have been wise post Chase.

If she and Ryan continued the videos, they could do them from different cities.

I think a lot of what we do here for shows like this is speculate. Not sorry.

I did grow up fat, starting at age 7.

Chase said he loved the baby's mother. He said he cared for Whitney.

Had he wanted to stay in relationship with Whitney while being actively involved with the other woman and baby, that would be incredibly painful for Whitney, who wanted a baby, while he seemingly did not.

She needs someone who is all hers.

The tease indicates that she turns to someone who is not Buddy, to Buddy's surprise.

Could be misdirection.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, December 12, 2020 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
If they stayed together she could have her own baby (no more excuses on his part to delay). The babies would grow up as half-siblings. All this could have happened if she was forgiving enough and he'd loved her enough. I got the impression that Babymama was a fling with an old girlfriend. If she hadn't gotten preggers, I still doubt he'd have married Whitney anyways. He was too emotionally invested in that bar. If he was smart he could have moved to Whitney's and franchised his bar making even more $$$$.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, December 13, 2020 - 5:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
He doesn't own the bar, I don't think and during COVID opening a new one probably is not happening.

But you are assuming that this was totally real. If she was totally dedicated to being a couple, I think she would have moved to be with him once she realized that he wasn't going to leave his location. And vice versa, if he really wanted it to work, he would have moved in with her.

And as she points out, she probably wouldn't have raced back to Paris with her girlfriends.

He wouldn't have had a fling.

Really she dodged a bullet

It isn't unusual for betrayals and breakups to happen, but having the whole thing documented really rubs salt into the wounds. And using the most painful footange for several weeks as a teaser.. yeah, ratings, I suppose. But not very therapeutic.

His baby Aurora is 3 months old and he seems pretty happy posting pictures of her. The mama is remaining anonymous.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, December 13, 2020 - 11:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I believe he said he has an 'investment ' in the bar. Thought he was at least a partner. Otherwise he really could manage/bartend pretty much anywhere.

Good point about it not being ideal to open a new bar now due to the pandemic! On the other hand he was still running the existing one after the pandemic began. They filmed her there, before the lockdowns.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, December 14, 2020 - 12:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
He looks different now. Shorter hair, hard to say how short, under a ball cap, but looks like bangs.

And now he has another reason to stay on that edge of the state.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, December 14, 2020 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
The bottom line was that they had a failure to communicate. He *did* invite her to come live with him in Wilmington, so I believe his feelings were real.

But that also meant he didn't get her, or what was important to her. And she was wanting him to stay to their original bargain, that he would move to Charlotte. All that time apart, plus Covid, took its toll.

I still believe they both loved each other, but she wouldn't sit down and talk to him over the issues, and he was too young to figure it out. My opinion.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, December 29, 2020 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Another new show tonight.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, December 29, 2020 - 10:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I don't get why she doesn't move back to Greensboro as well, she can do her business from there with Ryan. So it makes no sense to me that she doesn't close out that house, that she rents, and move back to the one she owns.

Plus if she has a tenant and needs to give them notice she can live with her parents until it's available.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, December 29, 2020 - 10:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Dipo I agree 100%. :-)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, December 30, 2020 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think she would be better with her longtime friends. She's doing her whole business with Ryan remotely anyway.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, December 30, 2020 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Exactly Karuuna, no reason to stay there and all the support she needs back in Greensboro.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, December 30, 2020 - 9:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
She is not in business with Ryan any longer, but with Jessica. Reportedly that is not real impressive, done in Whit's garage/studio and with bad sound. Hopefully they will invest in individual mics.

Jessica is the daughter of Whit's original trainer.

Ryan has something going on with his mom.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, December 30, 2020 - 9:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I was wrong, Casey (Chase) is part owner of the bar. He also is an accountant for a construction company.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, December 30, 2020 - 10:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Isn't Jessica in Greensboro?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, December 31, 2020 - 3:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
She is probably wherever she is paid to be. People who watched a free sample video said they were in Whit's garage studio at her house, bad sound and unlike where Ryan led the exercises and Whitney illustrated the modified exercise, now Whitney is "leading".

Ryan seems to be out. He did not dump his friend, Casey (Chase) and has visited and met baby Aurora.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, December 31, 2020 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well, not surprising that Ryan is out. He was always rather abrasive and very rude to her friends. When Ashley asked him if he was douchey, he freely admitted it.

He might have had access to better equipment, but Whitney improved his business. Hopefully she took back the No body shame moniker.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, December 31, 2020 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
She did shut it down and then take it back.

Actually, Ryan had been keeping that site going, doing the videos alone, while Whitney used every excuse in the book not to take her part. Buddy brought her the selfie lights, she had her iPhone and they did not have to be in the same space, or the same city. They had several thousand subscribers at one time and Whitney took her half of that money.

Ryan can be abrasive, but she is a horrible business partner (and pretty abrasive herself).

Ask Todd. He got screwed over with BGDC, which she dropped in his lap to leave town for came on that tour, only to crumple after a week or two and require rescue, then she accused Todd of stealing her class.

As for Ryan, he also was left with the business while she and those two women went to Europe so Shut could post pictures of herself naked in bathtubs.

So, yes, she brought in followers, but she rarely supported the business.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, December 31, 2020 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Ryan told her if she moved out of Charlotte he was "f'ing out." (from the TV show) So I'd say he was part of that break up. He also knew Chase was seeing someone else and had gotten her pregnant and said not a word to Whitney his other "friend" and business partner. Some friend.

Todd also DID try to steal the business from her and wouldn't let her come back after she asked him to cover for her. And let's not forget his smashing cake in her face at the child's birthday party.

I watched the video, the sound was echoey, I assume they'll fix that as they go on. However, it's not true that Whitney was the lead. Whitney started but then Jessica was in the lead for most of the rest of it. It seemed like a good partnership to me.

I'm not a fan of fan rags. I likely don't see it the way you do because they gang up on people and want to be ugly to attract readers, and I like them all for the humans that they are; not disliking anyone in particular. Whitney is unfortunately a popular person to hate on, and it works.

But I think some of the drama is certainly amped up and may well be "created" for the sake of the show. At the very least, there's a lot of blame for being human and imperfect to go around. And there should be a lot of grace as well. Peace, out.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 06, 2021 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Last nights show brought a lot of clarity for me, Whitney is just lazy. I mean seriously who needs someone to take care of them when they have a broken heart! She can't make her own sandwiches and salads? I never heard of such of thing and I went thru several heartbreaks without a Housekeeper/Maid.

She definitely needs to get some therapy around why she can't be alone and "love" herself. She says she does but then can't survive without a bunch of people around her.

She needs to learn how to live with herself, and herself alone before she tries to have a relationship with someone else.

I understand that the pandemic has made us have to live alone, and having a roommate/friend would be nice; but she should be able to entertain herself without having to have someone live with her and cater to her every want. JMO.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, January 06, 2021 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I don't like the word "lazy" especially for someone who is more likely depressed. I assume she asks for things because they make her feel loved and cared for. It's likely dysfunctional, but she has done a hell of a lot for Buddy too, so seems fair to me.

I think a lot of people feel lonely without a significant other. Is it ideal? No. It is common, hell yes. That doesn't make her lazy or particularly bad in any way.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 06, 2021 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well you can be depressed and still make a sandwich, so it feels lazy to me. She just lays on the couch and lets Buddy wait on her.... or are we just going to call that entitled these days.

And I didn't say I think she is bad, I think she needs therapy.