TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 02, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Relationships: Married At First Sight on FYI (formerly the Biography channel): Archive through July 02, 2021 users admin

Chieko

11-20-2003

Thursday, May 13, 2021 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
LOL, I"m guessing it was a rental and Chris may not want to keep up the payments any more. Than again maybe he is with Mercedes and driving the car himself.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 13, 2021 - 4:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I am not all that sympathetic to Haley or Jake. He learned nothing? Really? Whew.

I still don't think Victoria and Erik will make it in the long run, but I could be wrong. I just think he's too controlling for her "free spirit."

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, May 13, 2021 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I kind of feel sorry for Jake. Everyone got their happy ending ( sans Paige and Chris of course) and he would have been on board if Haley was.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 13, 2021 - 6:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
No way. Jake was such a jerk, and had an complete inability to reflect on his own behavior.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Thursday, May 13, 2021 - 9:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Of course we are at the mercy of the editing but I didn't ever see Haley show any affection or real interest in Jake. Although she tried to put up a good front, I don't think she was the least bit attracted to him and he obviously felt it. Jake's got a dry sense of humor which I found kind of amusing, he was very fond of Haley's dog, wore the clothes she picked out for him, had an interesting home, but he was quirky and she just wasn't interested.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, May 14, 2021 - 7:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Are we watching the same Jake and Haley? Chieko, she slept with him on the honeymoon?

Every time they had a conversation, she would ask him about his life, trying to draw him out. He *never* showed one bit of interest in drawing her out or asking questions about her life. Both of the experts called him out on how he treated her as well.

This was just simply a train wreck because there was never anything for them to base a relationship on. And they both had serious deficits when it came to knowing how to BE in a relationship.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Friday, May 14, 2021 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Jake and Haley won the game about knowing the most about their partner so he must have asked her a lot of questions or listened when she talked about herself. I liked Jake.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, May 14, 2021 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I just don't see it. I thought he was incredibly rude to her.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Friday, May 14, 2021 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Of the 5 guys there I thought Jake was the best of the lot. I guess that doesn't say much for this season. :-)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, May 14, 2021 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Really? So funny how we see things so differently.

That said, I thought so many people this season had such serious issues... they should have all been on matchmakers, not married at first sight!

And by the way, I don't really like that show.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Friday, May 14, 2021 - 9:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
So funny how we see things so differently.

Isn't that the truth! That's why I find these conversations so interesting.

she slept with him on the honeymoon

I know! What happened after that? I wondered if their alienation started with that encounter. She repeatedly said it was a mistake.

I do feel like the editing was just too severe for us to really get a good idea of what happened. My supposition is that she turned on him for whatever reason and then just started playing to the cameras. She would say the right things but really didn't seem to want anything to do with him.
I thought Jake was the best of the lot Actually, that is how I felt, too. He is the only one that I found interesting but what does Haley know about him that we don't? I feel like there is something missing in that story other than the explanation that she triggered past disappointments that he had experienced with other women.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, May 15, 2021 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Honestly, I don't know how you can discount how Jake was so mean to her so many times.

Here is a good video of what I mean. She is trying to reach out, find a way forward, and he was done and closed off:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc0LD5mwM-4

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, May 15, 2021 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Or this from early on, I wouldn't be attracted to this guy either:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GAfMtWCBPI

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Saturday, May 15, 2021 - 3:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I don't think either Jacob or Haley are bad people, they just weren't right from each other from the start. They have nothing in common and I think their age difference played a big difference, especially since Jacob is so into the 80s and Haley wasn't even alive then.
Kar, as far as that 2nd video, IMO, Jake was on point, she did lie to him. I'd be defensive and call someone out in that situation too.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, May 15, 2021 - 4:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Snoops, I didn't see a lie. I saw her intending to go visit with the girls, then not invite him after she found it it wasn't just the girls.

However, how HE handled it? That was worse. That's not someone I'm going to want to get all cuddly with! He accused her of seeing someone else! He talked to her like she was a child. Nope. No thank you.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Sunday, May 16, 2021 - 10:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
then not invite him after she found it it wasn't just the girls.

And for me, that's a problem. My feelings would have been terribly hurt if everyone was having a good time while I sat alone in my room. There is no excuse for her not calling him when she found out.

She also hurt him with her nonchalance about the gift he gave her. Never unpackaged it, never put it on. On decision day she wore at least five bracelets on her wrist so clearly likes bracelets but the gift from Jake was sent home with her mother never to make an appearance. I also felt like she had a real need to show how competitive she was by beating him at any athletic things they tried. She really relished showing how much better she was.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, May 17, 2021 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yes, she should have told him. But to then accuse her of having a boyfriend and lying? That's not what happened.

If that's the way he deals with struggles, no thank you!

Like I said, they both had issues. But I can't really blame her for not wanting to cuddle with that mess either. I'm just "picking on" Jake because others seemed to think he was okay, and I did not see that.

Neither of them were okay (Haley or Jake).

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Monday, May 17, 2021 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
i agree that neither Jake or Haley were ok. I actually liked both but both had issues they refused to recognize at the moment.

I was with Jake the first couple of episodes because I thought "just accept his humor" but then hated how he responded once the walls went up with Haley and his repetitive complaints to her. Still saw potential for him but definitely not here.

Putting aside Chris, because well, he is Chris... Erik was the most painful of the guys - maybe he is NOT trying to be controlling but his vocabulary and facial expressions made it so hard to want to compromise and collaborate with him - "in a marriage..." "this is the way it should be..." umm no... Virginia has issues but i think she was invested and ready to "grow up" - just give her time with her friends so she can then transition better to married life instead of feeling forced.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, May 17, 2021 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Legal, I agree with you, liked them both, but they just couldn't connect. Sometimes people just are so different, they can't "hear" each other no matter how hard they try, and I think that was the case with them. And they really just brought out the worst in each other, didn't they?

And I so agree about Erik.... I think he is holding it together for now because he is so enamored of her... but a tiger can't change his stripes (without lots of therapy), and I think eventually this will blow up because of that.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, May 25, 2021 - 4:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I’m definitely team Jake, although I don’t think Haley is a bad person. I think she was just too young to appreciate a decent guy she’s not attracted to. Everything is about physical attraction when you are in your 20s. I’m sure Virginia got a bad edit but she was my least favorite,after Chris of course.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, May 25, 2021 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
FYI
Virginia and Erik and Briana and Vincent jin couples cam

‘Married at First Sight: Couples Cam’ Adds Two Season 12 Couples for Upcoming Episodes

I would not have guessed them I thought Vincent had enough cameraqs.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, May 27, 2021 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Hmmm makes me wonder about Clara and Ryan.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, May 27, 2021 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I thought Clara and Ryan were also tired of the camera.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Friday, July 02, 2021 - 6:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Well that was an eventful last two episodes in Australia.... Jules and Cam did welcome their baby last year.

Not sure when season 7 (aired in Australia in 2020) or Married At First Sight Grand Reunion (aired in Australia this past January/February) will air over here but some of it is on YouTube - at least the grand reunion part....

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Friday, July 02, 2021 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Legal, Season 7 of MAFS Australia aired on Lifetime before Season 6. Lizzie made a return in Season 7.
I enjoy the Australian version more than the US version.
It was great to see Jess get her comeuppance last night!