TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 10, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Talent/Variety Shows: America's Got Talent: Archive through June 10, 2021 users admin

Egbok

07-13-2000

Wednesday, September 02, 2020 - 7:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Brandon Leake for the win!! What a powerful poem he wrote, recited. I hope it goes viral.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, September 02, 2020 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Scoot, there's a video of his performance last night. The article does say how could he make a Vegas performance of what he does. There were some chuckles before he really got into his performance. I think he could make a show out of what he does.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, September 02, 2020 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Doesn’t matter if he can make a Vegas performance. He can change the world with his words.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Wednesday, September 02, 2020 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I could easily go see someone like that speak. I think that his show can be thought provoking, motivating, and meaningful especially for those of us who don't understand what it's like to live inside the body of a black person in America. He CAN change the world with his words.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Wednesday, September 02, 2020 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Here is the golden buzzer segment:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdjIFkM-ohQ

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Wednesday, September 02, 2020 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Well now I can't wait to see it!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, September 16, 2020 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
OMG, who did the judges save???!! My DVR cut off!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, September 16, 2020 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I found out. Judges saved BAD Salsa.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, September 18, 2020 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Our DVR cut off, too!!! We use Hulu Live, which we've been very happy with, other than the fact that they tend to chop off the last few seconds of almost every show and there's no way to set it to extend the time. Hulu says they're fixing this, but so far nothing. We Googled it and found out.

Christiii

07-07-2005

Wednesday, September 23, 2020 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christiii a private message Print Post    
Brandon Leake is from Stockton, about 8 miles from me (Lodi Ca)...some good areas but a lot of bad ones. So glad he made it out! Amazing!
I'm voting for Alan Silva tho, he is just pure magic

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, September 23, 2020 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
He won! So deserving! A powerful voice, even if spoken word.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, September 25, 2020 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Brandon Leake was our favorite, too! Who would think that a poet could win AGT?! He's not just a great writer, but his performance is what puts him over the top. I think he would be a great actor, too. Such passion.

Christiii, we lived in Lodi when my son was born (20 years ago). I spent a lot of time pushing a stroller up and down the streets of Lodi. It was a happy time. We're in Lincoln now, but every single night on the local news, it always seems like there's a daily shooting in Stockton. It's really gotten bad. And it's a college town (University of the Pacific). I'd be afraid to let my kid go to school there.

Agree with you about Alan Silva. He was amazing and his story touched my heart.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Wednesday, June 02, 2021 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
This started last night.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, June 02, 2021 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
How was it? I recorded it but I haven't watched yet. Is Simon there?

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Wednesday, June 02, 2021 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched the entire thing yet, I recorded it and watched part of it on my lunch today, it looks good and yes, Simon is there.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, June 04, 2021 - 5:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
What was that craziness with the peacock at the end? Why would they put him through? Nuts!

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, June 04, 2021 - 7:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I haven't finished it yet...lol...I usually get interrupted by work during my lunch, so very seldom do I take a full hour.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, June 04, 2021 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
LOL Hecka!! He's tried to get through so many times, this was the first time he actually got through his entire act (I think). I was crying I was laughing so hard.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, June 08, 2021 - 10:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Some good acts tonight. The guys with the towels!!!

Vsmart

02-09-2003

Wednesday, June 09, 2021 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
They were the best act of the night.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, June 09, 2021 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
The dance troupe was from my hometown of Mesquite, Texas, and of course their teacher is the amazing Alyssa Edwards!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, June 09, 2021 - 10:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Such hard-earned wisdom from this beautiful, talented soul! Nightbirde earned Simon Cowell's Golden Buzzer on AGT this week. In this excellent Access interview (see link below) she discusses her experiences, about AGT, her original song It's Ok, and her ongoing battle with Metastatic Cancer. Her determination and her joy of life, are palpable and inspiring. As a Cancer Survivor myself, whose husband is currently fighting his own Cancer battle, I'm profoundly moved by this young lady, and still mopping up tears...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2fIgNvZQeDQ&feature=share

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, June 09, 2021 - 11:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Can't find a direct link to Nightbirde's song It's Ok on YouTube. If you search for 'Nightbirde on AGT Simon's Golden Buzzer' it should come up. Absolutely worth a listen. But grab the tissues first.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Thursday, June 10, 2021 - 3:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
here is a link to the full Nightbirde AGT segment https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZJvBfoHDk0

And a link to her singing the It's Ok song live https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehA_3AgT8HE

and a shorter version of It's Ok with the lyrics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvg26mmImMg

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, June 10, 2021 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
So many good acts this week. It will be hard to choose who to vote for.