TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 13, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Relationships: Married At First Sight on FYI (formerly the Biography channel): ARCHIVES: Archive through May 13, 2021 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 11, 2021 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I understand. I was screaming "run" at the tv too. However, it's a lot easier to see crazy from the outside looking in, and from the limited clips they show us.

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Thursday, March 11, 2021 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
Paige is 25 and clearly stated that she was not a virgin when she married Chris. So I have my doubts that she feels she must stay cause they had sex.

I wonder if the sweet nothings Chris is whispering in her ears is along the lines of, we are the stars of this show, everyone is talking about us, so keep the show up and we might just get more TV time TV pay.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 11, 2021 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
So I have my doubts that she feels she must stay cause they had sex.

That would be ignoring the biology of sex, as well as the entire context of the situation. It's not JUST because they had sex. But that is part of it, I'm sure. You might do some reading on the role of oxytocin (released during orgasm) and how it affects bonding in women.

Not saying it's the sole reason. But it can be a powerful drive for women, not so much for men.

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Thursday, March 11, 2021 - 7:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
If that premise held true would not the majority of females still be with the first person they ever had a sexual relationship with?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 11, 2021 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
No. It means that it's more difficult to leave. Hence all the women that go back to abusive relationships.

It doesn't mean it's impossible, or that the negatives don't eventually override the attachment.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, March 12, 2021 - 6:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I’m always in the minority but I like Jake, I think he’s approaching the situation in a well thought out way. He’s trying to figure out the best way to fix the Haley situation. He’s not perfect but he’s trying.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Friday, March 12, 2021 - 7:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I like Jacob too. I think he was trying, Haley sure wasn't. I also think he has given up now.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, March 12, 2021 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm not that impressed with Jake. He doesn't listen to her, just wants her to the way he wants her to be.

I think Haley has made mistakes too, for sure. But mostly I think she just wasn't attracted to him from the start and is doing her best to hang in there and hope that attraction develops.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, March 12, 2021 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
On another note, anyone watching Australia? Oh my goodness, what a train wreck! And Sam and Innis (?) staying with their other halves just so they can keep seeing each other on the sly???

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Friday, March 12, 2021 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Yes, I watched it and Oh my Goodness is right.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, March 12, 2021 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I also felt terrible for Matthew. To finally come out of his shell, and they seemed so over the moon with each other. And then she wants a man who lost his virginity a week ago to consider swinging?

Where did they get these people???

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Friday, March 12, 2021 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
The Australian version makes the US one seem tame. They have more couples which makes it hard for my old brain to keep up.

As for US.
Paige is foolish if she thinks Chris is mature enough to be married.

Vincent and Brianna seemed very well matched until it became obvious that he is extremely sensitive and can not laugh at himself even with something so simple as spilling Champagne.

Jacob and Haley are too different to make it. I think she tried but she is just not attracted to him. They had sex but she is not stuck on that fact as much as he is. Every time she tries to move forward , he starts a conversation about attraction sending her back to square one.

Eric and Virginia are great but not at the same stage in life. He seems to be in the stay at home, have kids and be in that lane. She seems to be in the lets just be together for awhile and see where it takes us. Not sure she is independent enough to handle his job required absences.

Clara and Ryan . Just as bad as Chris and Paige. Ryan wants to receive but not give in any category. He is a lot like Chris but hides it better.

I don’t see any long term happy endings with this group.

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Wednesday, March 17, 2021 - 10:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
Anyone buying what Chris was selling?
The chicken looked yummy tho.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Wednesday, March 17, 2021 - 11:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Firebird05......not for a minute! A Benz? As in Mercedes? LOL

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Thursday, March 18, 2021 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
It was so absurd that it was stunning.

Chris and Paige, let’s start over, go on a date.

Paige oh yes darling let’s do.
Chris I’ll come over to your house and bring take out chicken. We can eat wings and Bible study.

Paige Oh Chris your the best. That would be awesome.

Chris I won’t tell you where I’ve been or what I’ve been doing but I might feel like maybe I might could love you some day.

Paige as long as you put me first.

Chris by the way, I bought my baby mama Mercedes a Benz. it’s the only car she’s not afraid to drive.

Paige Ok sure.

Chris well she is carrying the next King or Queen of Chris fairy tale land.

Paige God put us together for a reason, just because you don’t find me attractive, love your ex, tell me I’m on my own financially but buy your ex a Benz doesn’t mean we are not meant to be.cause that’s Gods plan for marriage.

I don’t know what their game is but part of me hopes they are just playing the reality TV game and not in serious need of intense therapy.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, March 19, 2021 - 1:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
he probably eased it and it was repossessed. Chris has a history.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Saturday, April 03, 2021 - 9:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Australian version..I can’t stand Ines, I hate her smile...yet I also feel she went through so much trauma in her past that she naturally responds by hurting others/lying/thinking she has the upper hand...

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, April 04, 2021 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I agree, Legal. Felt bad that after Sam cheated with her, he decided to out them without talking to her first. And now he's saying that the affair was "fake." And she is saying that they staged that so they could get off the show, and off camera he was promising they would be together.

It's hard to feel sorry for her, because she's so manipulative herself... but.

Don't know why they matched Sam and Elizabeth either... or Ines and Bronson. I feel the worst for Bronson.

But Sam is saying that the experts don't match the couples, the producers do. So who knows?

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, April 07, 2021 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Watching Unfiltered. It looks like Ryan tries to make himself unattractive from his unflattering weird hair cut to the ridiculous moustach. Have I understood correctly that even though there’s no intercourse that she is sexually pleasing him but he is not reciprocating?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 07, 2021 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
That was the impression I had Lakecat.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Thursday, April 08, 2021 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
That has me confused, too, Lakecat. That sounds like exactly what she meant.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, April 11, 2021 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I’d give that a hard no...pun intended.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Wednesday, April 14, 2021 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
After reading the Colton Underwood interviews this morning, it occurred to me that Ryan may be gay, and trying hard to repress it.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Thursday, May 13, 2021 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Anyone surprised at the outcomes? Anyone sympathetic to Haley? Anyone believe Mercedes was ever pregnant to start with?

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, May 13, 2021 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
So... burning question: Did Mercedes return the Mercedes? ;) ;) ;)