TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 09, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: General Discussion (Various Shows): Archive through September 09, 2020 users admin

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Friday, April 10, 2020 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
I don't know if this is poor timing or just ironic considering the circumstances- Netflix has a show coming up called Too Hot to Handle where 10 singles try to make emotional connections- and they lose money from the prize fund every time they kiss or have sexual encounters...

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Sunday, April 12, 2020 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
I started watching The Circle France but have up after the fourth show. There was no one that I cared for they all had bland personalities to me. I liked the other three circles.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Wednesday, April 15, 2020 - 3:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Um...OK...

https://tvline.com/2020/04/15/labor-of-love-fox-dating-show-kristin-davis/

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, April 15, 2020 - 4:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well she is 41. Clock is ticking .....

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Monday, May 04, 2020 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
CBS has pushed Love Island from its May 21st start date to a TBA date...

https://deadline.com/2020/05/cbs-love-island-pushes-premiere-new-locations-1202925769/

(The UK version got called off entirely this year, so take that for what you will...)

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, May 05, 2020 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
We have been watching Property Brothers Celebrity IOU and have found the shows to be rather sweet as the recipients were surprised and quite touched by the new spaces.
That being said, I thought the Michael Buble episode a bit off the mark. Obviously Grandpa was much loved and very missed, however, the house was no longer Grandpa's, they were giving it to Minette, a former caretaker. So why was it decorated for grandpa and not Minette?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, May 06, 2020 - 7:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Sugar, I totally agree. I loved last week's episode with Melissa McCarthy's aunt and uncle, even thought the Brad Pitt was okay (I mean - it's Brad Pitt - how bad can it be?), and I really liked Michael Buble (didn't know much about him prior to seeing him here), but I thought it was weird that they still made the house a memorial to his grandparents instead of customizing it for her taste and family, plus does the house still belong to the family and Minnette can live there for as long as she likes?

This show is much better than I thought it would be and the Property Brothers harmonize really well together.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, May 06, 2020 - 9:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
On these cooking shows. Does it bother anyone else that no one washes stuff? They just start as if it is all clean

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, May 07, 2020 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Sadiesmom, I just assume they don't show us washing fruits and vegetables because that would be boring.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, May 07, 2020 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I always assumed they were prewashed, but I was watching a show the other day and they grabbed mushrooms and I saw visible dirt on the mushrooms, they are generally grown in feces, so I would be very unhappy if mine were not washed or washed loosely. I have on ongoing disagreement with my niece. she likes to buy sliced mushrooms and rinse them quickly, where I only buy whole mushrooms and scrub them individually with my mushroom brush. .

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, May 07, 2020 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Sadiesmom, yes it irritates me to no end!
They often show people just pouring berries straight out of the containers on baking shows. Don't get me started on the bakers who blow all over their various bakes, makes me want to hurl.
Aside from the fact that fondant taste awful, bakers tend to touch/make far too much contact with the fondant. Just watch, they drape it all over their hairy arms before putting it on the cake.
I am also wary of the finger lick tasters and the lack of proper use of tasting spoons.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, May 08, 2020 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
on chopped I saw one judge refuse to taste the food because a spoon was double dipped. that made me feel good, but still a lot of not good practices there as well.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Saturday, May 23, 2020 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
A really sad story- Japanese reality show Terrace House (which is available here on Netflix- it's sort of like The Real World) had one of their cast members commit suicide last night after a ton of cyberbullying- it's caused a lot of sadness and anger, especially in the pro wrestling circles because she was a rising star in the Japanese circuit, and she was only 22..

https://www.cagesideseats.com/2020/5/23/
21268403/stardoms-hana-kimura-dead-22-cyberbullying

https://www.cagesideseats.com/2020/5/23/21268469/hana-kimura-dead-cyberbullying-wrestler-reactions

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, May 23, 2020 - 8:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
:-(

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Thursday, May 28, 2020 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Phil Keoghan's new CBS show Tough as Nails starts July 8th:

http://thefutoncritic.com/news/2020/05/28/meet-the-12-tough-as-nails-challengers-who-are-set-to-compete-on-the-new-reality-series-premiering-wednesday-july-8-on-cbs-201115/20200528cbs02/

(Interesting twist- none of the 12 contestants will go home. Instead players will be eliminated from winning the individual championship, but they can still win prizes in team challenges)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 29, 2020 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Sounds good! Interesting and Phil as well.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Tuesday, June 09, 2020 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Two members of the Vanderpump Rules cast have been fired because of a racist prank...

https://tvline.com/2020/06/09/vanderpump-rules-stassi-schroeder-kristen-doute-fired-racist-prank-faith/

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 09, 2020 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Actually a couple of others were let go as well, Max and someone other guy for racist tweets.

I don't catch the show that much anymore but I have to say I don't think dumping Stassi will hurt them at all.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Tuesday, June 09, 2020 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
And another one, this time from The Challenge...

https://tvline.com/2020/06/09/challenge-dee-nguyen-fired-mtv-statement-racist-tweets/

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, June 17, 2020 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Netflix has a show on right now called Win the Wilderness. It's a reality show with six couples competing to win a property in Alaska located 100 miles away from anyone and anything. The couple who worked on the property with their own two hands to build a 3-story house, guest house and landing strip are now in their '70's and need to move closer to civilization due to health issues. I like it because of the lack of drama and the beautiful scenery. I also find the older couple fascinating in their ability to live completely off the grid and do it so well.

Anyways, if like me, you are tired of the Housewives franchise and all that came with it and would just like to see some decent human beings working the land and learn a bit about Alaska, I recommend this one.

Ryn

07-13-2000

Wednesday, June 17, 2020 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ryn a private message Print Post    
Hi all.... ltns (and hi to those without a clue who I am!).

I don't see a topic but also don't want to fire up a whole new one for only a couple posts.

There is an Online Reality Game called Sequester - it was created by Audrey from BB17.

There have been several variations, 3 "tv" style shows (you can see them on youtube) and some 1 week long online versions. Then more recently she has started hosting 1 night versions that take 4.5 to 6 hours to play and you start with 18-22 players who vote each other out over the course of the night.

I've played twice now and wrote about my first experience here:
https://www.bigbrothergossip.com/2020/05/i-played-sequester-mini-and-i-liked-it.html

This all brings me to the fact that there will be a special version on Saturday with Survivor players including names like Michelle Fitzgerald and Stephen Fishbach..... for more details check out https://twitter.com/SequesterAccess

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, June 18, 2020 - 7:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Ryn, thanks for sharing your experience!

good to see ya, you are still Royalty here :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, June 18, 2020 - 9:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Good to see you, Ryn!!

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Tuesday, August 04, 2020 - 10:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Yikes..NBC might have gotten lucky that ANW couldn’t film this year...

https://deadline.com/2020/08/american-ninja-warrior-champion-drew-drechsel-arrested-child-sex-crimes-1203004465/

Vsmart

02-09-2003

Wednesday, September 09, 2020 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
The new Cover-19 format of American Ninja Warriors actually works better than the original. The best contestants bring 2 friends with them to compete in an indoor arena in St. Louis. Family cheer on zoom. Still have back stories of players.