TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 04, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Relationships: Married At First Sight on FYI (formerly the Biography channel): ARCHIVES: Archive through February 04, 2021 users admin

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Thursday, October 08, 2020 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I DVR'd last night's show and haven't watched it yet. Is this the last episode for a while? Sounds like it was a finale.
Can't wait to see the 2nd part of the Australia finale tonight! They really know how to bring the drama!

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, October 08, 2020 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Next week “The stay-at-Home orders have been lifted, and the couples head out for a much-needed getaway in the country. While some renew their bonds, others begin to question if they’ll want to stay married on Decision Day.”
I got this from my DVR.

Ranger2

08-08-2008

Saturday, October 10, 2020 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ranger2 a private message Print Post    
Mafs Australia...wow, that show was something else! Once in awhile I’ve watched the after show but I don’t really pay it much attention. I did this time though!

Lurkin

02-15-2002

Thursday, October 15, 2020 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurkin a private message Print Post    
I am surprised with Karen. I thought she would not be open to MIles after the wedding breakdown and would have been harder to get along with and out of there.

And Woody, I had pegged as a player, just going along with Miles. But he seems the most in love of anyone on the show.

I like Amelia and Bennett but dont think he is going to be able to be away from his Nest in New Orleans. My son followed his girlfriend in med school to 3 different states . so this is not the end of Amelia's medical training.
She will have 3 years in Virginia, 3 years in another state then her final job in whatever state she can get a job in.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Saturday, October 24, 2020 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
I'm surprised with Karen, too, but for a different reason. It seems Miles is just too nice for her. She wants someone to be dominating and put her in her place. SMH She seems to equate this with masculinity. I don't think it is very healthy and if she does find that guy, it is not going to be good.
I feel sorry for Christina, too. She is damaged in some way. She is so desperate to be loved that she pushes people away. She and Henry may have made a good match if she was more stable but I don't think he should subject himself to this unhealthy relationship anymore either.
I think Bennett and Amelia will make it but I'm disappointed that she just thought this was a game. I would think she had enough going on in her life now to take on something she was not going to take seriously.
Brett is another difficult personality. I don't know if he will be able to find someone to be with. He looks like too much of a challenge to me. Olivia is sweet, she just needs to find someone with similar goals that will treat her with respect and not play games.
Woody and Amani are a breath of fresh air. I have great hopes for them.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Saturday, October 24, 2020 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
One of the women, Amani or Karen, said that they knew Henry from work and at one time he was very heavy. That, I think, could have lead to a lot of his “insecurities”. Christina sending him that text about being gay has ruined their chances.
❤️❤️ Woody and Amani.
I’m up in the air about Karen and Miles. Bennett and Amelia will probably make it. She will be the bread winner.
Brett loves and admires one person....himself.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, October 24, 2020 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Woody strikes me as a player. In the intro show, it seemed like he did this just because Miles wanted to do it. He certainly fell fast.

Henry seems to be on the very edge of the spectrum. He doesn't look people in the eyes, he rarely shows emotion, does not like change, yet capable at everything he tries. It appears his female friends treat him almost as a pet.

Karen is worrisome. she seems to be so afraid,

Chieko

11-20-2003

Saturday, October 24, 2020 - 9:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
I think, could have lead to a lot of his “insecurities”.
Yes, I think he even said that and also he admits he has problems looking people in the eye.

Henry seems to be on the very edge of the spectrum.

yes, perhaps, and you can see his tics get worse when he is stressed, yet he seems like he functions very well as you said. Maybe I'm mistaking his not showing emotion as him being in control of himself. He seems quite intelligent and sweet to me.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, October 27, 2020 - 1:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I have a friend who has an adult son with what was then called Aspergers, now something else.
He graduated from college and is living on his own. He is just not good at new things, changes and very shy around people he does not really know, like me.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, October 29, 2020 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Only 1 semi-surprise last night on the finale night.
Miles and Karen are going to stay together. YAY
Henry/Christine and Brett/Olivia are not staying together. No surprises there.
Amani/Woody and Bennett/Amelia are staying together. Bennett got a tattoo on his butt of Amelia’s initials and a heart.
There was a show after the finale which I haven’t watched yet. A look back at memorable moments.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 29, 2020 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
If you watched this show, you really need to catch the reunion.

Amelia and Bennett perform an original song for Kevin. What a hoot!

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Friday, January 01, 2021 - 4:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
A new show started last Weds., my DVR picked it up.
Watched it last night and it seems interesting. Liked a few of the couples. We shall see.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, January 01, 2021 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
yeah, there was one guy (wants a "submissive woman") that I already can't stand.

We'll see about the others!

Chieko

11-20-2003

Saturday, January 02, 2021 - 10:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
(wants a "submissive woman")

Yeah, I choked on that one, too.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, January 03, 2021 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
And double choked when he joked about getting her pregnant on the honeymoon. Why did they choose him???

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Sunday, January 03, 2021 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Kar, after the things he said in his interview I was shocked they picked him. Until I realized they did it because they need someone to bring the drama. In the previews for the wedding he was shown having doubts because he'd be committing to having sex with the same woman for the rest of his life.

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Monday, January 11, 2021 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
https://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainment/news/mafs-lizzie-sobinoff-and-seb-guilhaus-split/ar-BB1cDnvh

Confused as to why the article says they were dating. Did they not really get married on the show?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, January 11, 2021 - 4:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
They don't actually get married on the AU version. That's why they keep referring to it as "the experiment."

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Thursday, January 14, 2021 - 8:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Watching this week I'm not thrilled with any of these match ups.
Virginia concerns me. Don't see her as a young "party girl". I see her as a young woman with some deeply rooted issues that she's drowning in alcohol. She really seems to have a drinking problem to me.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, January 14, 2021 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
a lot of young people drink too much, most outgrow it. I drank a lot by 20 and I was really almost dry by the age of 22. So tired of drinking and being with drunks. and now I can honestly say I have not had a drink in over 5 years because my nose keeps running and alcohol makes it worse.

I watched the after show with pastor Cal and I found it openly showing the cynicism that they run one. Like the match between one guy with a pleasant girl he openly admitted they did it for drama and they were not a good match! He did not think most of them were a bad match and would not make it. Wasn't he involved making the choices?

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, January 15, 2021 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I’m with Sadie, I think Virginia May settle down. I knew lots of girls like that in their 20s and single. I do not however, think she’s a good match with her groom what so ever.

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Thursday, January 21, 2021 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I stand by my original opinion after seeing this week's show. Virginia was trashed before the wedding ceremony and never stopped drinking the entire day. I realize young people party, I did myself in my younger days. However, she's not a young college aged girl, she's 26. I think there is an alcohol problem there.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Thursday, February 04, 2021 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
I agree, Snoopsmom. Her day seems to center around opportunities to drink.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, February 04, 2021 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Three of the gals seem to be heavily into the booze.

Did I miss Chris meeting Paige's family for brunch? I was curious as to how that played out. Paige meeting his family that morning was heartbreaking and memorable.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, February 05, 2021 - 12:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I didn’t see him with Paiges parents. Chris is a real dreamboat isn’t he?