TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 08, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Relationships: Married At First Sight on FYI (formerly the Biography channel): ARCHIVES: Archive through October 08, 2020 users admin

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, July 31, 2020 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I think Woody is so darn cute. I like Olivias personality. Too bad they paired her with a dud.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Tuesday, August 04, 2020 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
Snoopsmom, I was also appalled that Mishel stayed. She helped him overcome a fear he had and he seemed to enjoy it but I think that he wanted to hurt her purposefully after that. Some weird ego thing. Why else would he pick such a special time to thrust the knife in? I think he's a bit twisted, never really thought he was a good option.

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Thursday, August 06, 2020 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Jenjackso, I agree. Steve seems to have a chip on his shoulder and seems to get joy out of hurting Mishel at a very deep, personal level. Have a feeling she is going to stay with him though because she seems to think it's somehow her fault and she needs to change.
Don't think any of the Australia couples are going to make it long term and early on I thought there were some good matches.

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Thursday, August 20, 2020 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Maybe I'm the only one still watching since BB started, but still can't get enough of this show!
Starting to think only 2 couples from the US season will make it, Amelia/Bennett and Woody/Amani. The Henry/Christina pairing is almost painful to watch. He is so shy and so socially inept. Can't imagine how he's made it to age 34.
Olivia is far to successful and nice for Brett. He's a passive/aggressive jerk and loving cats is not going to be enough.
I had hope for Miles/Karen, but seeing her reaction when he told he suffers from depression doubt she'll stick with it.

Tonight is the Australia version. Last week's episode with Aleks/Ivan walking out was bizarre. I also felt like I missed an episode because Mishel/Steve were all lovey dovey. The previous week they had an argument after Steve told his friends about his lack of attraction to Mishel. Last thing I remembered seeing was him trying to talk to her while she sat on a stoop with headphones on to block him out. Thought for sure she would have dumped him after that.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, August 20, 2020 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I’m watching and I agree with everything you said.
Brett is a real jerk. Henry may surprise us though. He may like all the new experiences and move forward. One can only hope. I’m hoping Karen gives Miles a chance. Depression can be treated successfully.
I luv luv the other 2 couples. Amani and Woody consummated their marriage. Amelia and Bennett are a perfect match. YOLO!!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, August 20, 2020 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
yeah, I'm on the same page with all of that also.

A little worried about what happens with Amelia/Bennett when they start talking about what they want out of life. Her residency is going to be hard on them, and she wants kids, and he seems to not be so keen on the idea.

It *feels* like he'd need to do more of the compromising?

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, August 21, 2020 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Amelia and Ben act like friends more than a married couple. Have we seen them even kiss? Olivia kind of went down a notch with me and Brett and Henry went up a notch.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, August 21, 2020 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
They have agreed to not talk about their "activities," although Bennett said there had been a lot of kissing. I think they are both sensible to do that when the cameras aren't there. Not typical for this show, but they aren't typical in a lot of ways. :-)

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, August 21, 2020 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I agree Snoops and Kar.

Annie

08-15-2009

Wednesday, September 02, 2020 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Annie a private message Print Post    
Whenever I watch Amelia all I think is that she’s the adult version of Punky Brewster.

Paging Dr. Punky Brewster

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Friday, September 11, 2020 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Watching MAFS Australia last night I've come to the conclusion that Steve is impotent. Rather than admit it, he deflects and uses the excuse that he is not attracted to Mishel even though he "loves" her. He's emotionally abusing her over something that is his problem and she needs to just walk away. He infuriates me.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Friday, September 11, 2020 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Bennett confessed that they have consummated their marriage.
There seems like there isn’t any romantic feelings between Brett and Olivia. Miles would like to romance Karen but she also does not have any feelings toward him yet.
Christine and Henry I can’t figure out. She admitted to him on the last show that she had stopped taking her medication, for what I have no idea, and that is why she is acting like she is, pushing him. They have settled their “differences” for now.
Just love Woody and Amani. They obviously will have troubles down the road, they have to, but I think they will be just fine.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, September 11, 2020 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Christine was on meds for ADHD. Without them, she is more volatile, and pushier. Which we have seen. I'll be curious to see how she is on her meds.

Miles is pushing Karen too hard re sex, and may have pushed her right away. Not sure that ship can be righted.

Brett is too rigid, Olivia is too much a free spirit. I think I can see why they were matched, but not sure they will balance each other out, versus just annoy each other. At least Olivia agreed to the budgeting. I don't see Brett making any concessions.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, September 12, 2020 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I keep thinking Brett would be perfect for BB, I feel bad for Olivia, he seems insincere and self-centered. I adore Bennett and Amelia. They are my faves from all the couples on all the seasons I've watched. They are a delight. As are Woody and Amani. Karen seems shallow. Yes Miles may be 'horney', lol, but overall I find him sensitive and sweet. Henry is unpleasantly odd. Possibly someone quieter like Olivia might be better suited to him and bring out a softer side to him. Outgoing Christine might be better matched with Brett, IMHO, YMMV.

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Saturday, September 12, 2020 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I agree on Bennett and Amelia, Mame. They are my favorites and seem so well suited for each other. I think Bennett is so handsome under all that quirkiness.
I hope Miles and Karen are able to move past this bump in the road and get back to a good place because I do feel they are what each other needs,
Yes, Henry is an odd duck. It baffles me why someone as shy as he is would ever go on a show like this. I do think he's a decent guy under the surface though and I find Christina obnoxious. Can't imagine why they were ever matched up.

Am I the only one still watching the Australia version? I think the finale is next week.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, September 12, 2020 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
It seems to me that one of the reasons Bennett and Amelia work so well is that they are both so similar... upbeat, generally happy and easy going, and funny. They have some strong differences, she's studying to be a doctor, he's really ambling through life, but that seems to fit for them too.

I think Henry is very sweet. Yes, he seems a little introverted, but he has done EVERYTHING Christine asked of him. He's just very intolerant of her rude behavior and I would be also. That kind of person would totally turn me off.

Snoops - I'm watching Australia too. Can Michal just kick Steve to the curb already?

Funny that the couple that seems most in love are my least favorite, most materialistic people. Maybe that's why they work so well together?

Lurkin

02-15-2002

Monday, September 14, 2020 - 4:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurkin a private message Print Post    
I would like Henry and Olivia together

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, September 14, 2020 - 8:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Me too! The 2 couples should switch up. Lol.

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Monday, September 14, 2020 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I agree that Henry and Olivia seem better suited, but I wouldn't wish Christina on anyone! I think she's one of the most unlikeable characters they've had on this show.
Kar, I agree, it amazes me that Stacy and Michael are working out. He did say in his audition video, though, that he wanted a typical blond bimbo with fake lips, so she does appear to be the girl of his dreams. Lip plumping seems to be extremely popular in Australia and I find looking at the mouths of these women very distracting.

I really like Connie too and wish she would get the self confidence to walk away from Jonnie. He's just not into her and it's sad to watch. He seems like a really nice guy, but in his efforts to not hurt her he's giving her false hope.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, September 14, 2020 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I so agree with you about Connie and Jonnie. I don't know if she really did herself any favors by staying, she seems to think she did; but really she was just still holding on to hope that she would change his mind.

Same with Michal. Just go already. You deserve better.

I just hate it when there is no hope but someone won't tell you the truth and just keeps stringing you along... in the name of "not hurting" you. As if they aren't hurting you!!

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, September 24, 2020 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I’m really liking this season. Karen and Miles seem to be getting closer. I have high hopes for them.
Bennett and Amelia are pretty solid but I worry about them if she has to move for her Residency. If he truly loves her he’ll move.
Christine and Henry seem like they’re working things out and then another wrinkle in their relationship. Can’t figure either of them out.
Love Woody and Amani. They make me smile.
Brett and Olivia....hope they part soon. Neither are happy. They’re hard to watch.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, September 25, 2020 - 1:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Ditto Jag although I still haven't entirely warmed up to Karen.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Friday, September 25, 2020 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
We think that maybe Karen has some sexual trauma in her past. Her reactions are very strong. I want to just reach through and hug her and tell her that sex with Miles is not going to hurt her. He is so sweet.

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Friday, October 02, 2020 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Part I of the Australian MAFS finale last night was one of the best episodes of a reality show I've ever watched! Trashy, classless and full of drama. Can't wait to see part 2 next week!

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, October 08, 2020 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Last nights show was how they were following quarantine during the pandemic.
Brett and Olivia have split for good. He left and went back to his own place.
Christine and Henry are such a mess. He accused her of lying since the beginning about where she really lived. She said Air-bnb and most of her things were in her car. Strange. She had gone out and sent him a text accusing him of hooking up with another guy. Accusing him of being gay.
Karen and Miles are soo confusing. I have no idea if they will stay married.
Amani and Woody are still a joy to watch. She still wants a dog. He hasn’t agreed yet....baby or dog??
Amelia is moving to Virginia for her residency. Bennett has agreed to move with her but will split his time between VA and New Orleans. He is involved in the theater in Orleans.
Because of the pandemic they have no idea when they will have decision day.