TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 07, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dancing with the Stars Season 29: Archive through October 07, 2020 users admin

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, September 24, 2020 - 4:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I noticed the texting too. I was hoping they were just tweeting to their fans or texting family.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, September 24, 2020 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Wasn’t ztyra the MC for America’s Got Talent? What happened with that gig?

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, September 24, 2020 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Got fired?

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, September 24, 2020 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I like her. Loved ANTM and thought she did well with her talk show, but these type of variety shows is not her forte.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, September 25, 2020 - 6:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Although she's clearly unsuitable for DWTS, I thought Tyra was fine on AGT. They've had several hosts, Jerry Springer, Tyra, Nick Cannon, Terry...

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, September 25, 2020 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Actually, now that I think about it, I agree. She seemed to fit in quite well on AGT.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, September 25, 2020 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I never really cared for her on AGT. I like Terry Crews, but the pec bouncing can go. I'm over it.

Mostly Tyra annoys me that she's not Tom and Erin. What were they thinking???? And I think she's only a producer in name only. Tom was also a producer. They very often give the top people on a show a "producer" or "executive producer" title. I think it's mainly honorary.

And the people who were on their phones were definitely tweeting for people to vote for them. They need to do that, since the voting is done live (minus the West Coast again--we seem to be second class citizens to a lot of these shows).

Carole Baskin can go next. She's nasty. And she probably killed her husband.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, September 28, 2020 - 9:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yep, I have stopped watching shows that have live voting that excludes many people.. DWTS was one where I got my maximum votes in.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Tuesday, September 29, 2020 - 8:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Carole was eliminated last night. I didn’t watch the show but caught the last 5 mins.. I was an avid watcher since the first season but gave up on it the last few years.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, September 29, 2020 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Lol I watched the show but fell asleep last 5 min so thanks for the update Jag. Glad they got rid of her. She was trolling for sympathy too much. It was pathetic.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, September 29, 2020 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
What it was back on, on Monday again?!?!? They sure don't want people to watch this thing if they keep switching that around!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, September 30, 2020 - 5:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I record and watch the next day. I FF and get through 2 hours in about 20 minutes or less.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, October 06, 2020 - 10:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Did anybody else watch Monday's show? We just got around to watching our recording tonight, and I must say somebody should fire Tyra's stylist. Her hair and makeup were awful (the "smoky eye" looked more like a raccoon), and that second dress she wore was absolutely hideous. Those lumps at the hips made her look deformed. Just awful!

And then the mix-up with who was in the bottom two and who was safe. I felt like we were watching the 2018 Oscars again! That would never have happened to Tom and Erin. #BringBackTomAndErin

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, October 07, 2020 - 3:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I watched it. The way Tyra dresses -- looks like a clown. She is not dressed for the ballroom.

The mixup with the names at the end! I thought 2018 Oscars too. Tyra looked scared and panicked. I bet she threw a fit when the cameras were off wanting to blame someone for making her look like a fool. Tom and Erin would have handled it smoothly.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, October 07, 2020 - 6:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I usually watch but haven't caught a single episode all season...may just delete from my recording list.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, October 07, 2020 - 7:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I watched my recordings of the last two weeks last night, with a lot of FF.
Tyra brings nothing to the show, but it does seems she's toned down the "me, me, me -- it's all about ME" stuff. But still it's very annoying when she rushes the judges for time, and then blabs on endlessly herself. I FF through her the most.

And yes, the mix up was weird. I wonder if she read the card wrong or what.
The best thing I can say about the show is that the correct people have gone home so far. The judges save will likely correct some of those early eliminations that were so awful.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, October 07, 2020 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I thought Tyra handled it well.
I also wondered if someone behind the scenes wrote the wrong names on purpose.

Tyra isnt the skinny model she used to be so those type of clothes dont look good on her anymore. She needs a better stylist.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, October 07, 2020 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I was bummed Anne left. I thought she did well considering her age and lack of dance training. Even Keo wasnt as irritating when he was with her.

I love Skai but I'm not a fan of a teenager dancing ballroom with a grown man, it just feels off because ballroom has so many romantic dances.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, October 07, 2020 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Skai and Alan don't bother me as he feels like a big brother figure. Kind of like when we see the Hough's dance together.

I forgot to mention how great the Pirates dance was from two weeks ago. He really nailed the Jack Sparrow part.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, October 07, 2020 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
We haven't watched any of it this year. I just keep forgetting about it. I guess it's mostly due to them replacing Tom and Erin with Tyra. Just never got into it. Kind of disappointing as it was one of our favorite shows.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, October 07, 2020 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I deleted the season pass from my DVR because I really really really dislike Tyra Banks and I was pissed they canned Erin and Tom. But I do enjoy reading everyone's comments and it confirms that I'm not missing much.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, October 07, 2020 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Brenda, I agree Nev is a big surprise, I am loving him!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, October 07, 2020 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Lexie, they really have some good dancers this year, just tape it and FF to just see the dances :-)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, October 07, 2020 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Ratings seem to be going steadily down this season. Why on earth would they replace Tom and Erin, unless they wanted to save money on Tyra? She brings nothing to the show. Hubby never heard of her, but he hates the way she talks. She always has to put an almost growling emphasis on the end of her sentences, "Coming up, we'll see something even WORSE THAN WE'VE ALREADY SEEEEEN!!!" She's so annoying.

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/dancing-with-the-stars-season-29-ratings/

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, October 07, 2020 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I think a couple of things have hurt ratings, with the #1 thing being Tyra as host.
Also, I think the "stars" don't have as much star power as prior years. Most of them I have NO idea who they even are! And the Bachelorette is old news -- she was on seasons ago and barely looks like herself. So no big named star to draw in the curious. No Donny Osmond dancing. :-)