TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 31, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Relationships: Married At First Sight on FYI (formerly the Biography channel): ARCHIVES: Archive through July 31, 2020 users admin

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, June 09, 2020 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I saw one episode and forgot, is it on tonite?

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Tuesday, June 16, 2020 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
I don't know when it's on, I have it on my DVR. Every time it shows up, there are two episodes.

I did find this link:

https://www.mylifetime.com/shows/married-at-first-sight-australia

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Monday, June 22, 2020 - 6:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I think I have been watching the american version of this. Two strangers get married paired by the show that they would be most suitable for each other.It has only had 2 episodes now. So far we have seen them all get married and meet the families at the wedding reception and some we saw them at their hotel rooms for their 'first night'. I will continue watching as this experiment is intrigues me.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, June 22, 2020 - 8:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
There isn't a current season in the US, so I'm wondering if the most recent season is being broadcast where you are? Do you know any of the names?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 22, 2020 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I think only one couple from the US has made it and it was sort of surprising they were they one. I won't say anything until Mizninvanccouver determines what season she is watching but I think they have 2 kids now.

Eroica

07-28-2005

Monday, June 22, 2020 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Eroica a private message Print Post    
I've been watching couple's cam on Wednesday nights. They have the couples that have remained married, and how they are surviving during quarantine. Am enjoying the show. This week will be episode 6.

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Monday, June 22, 2020 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I'm enjoying the couples cam shows. They are entertaining. I'm also watching MAFS Australia. They keep introducing more couples and it's annoying. It takes away from getting to know more about the couples because there is too long a break between footage of each couple. I do like that there are 2 episodes a week. The biggest thing I've noticed in the Australia version is how popular lip plumping is! I have never seen so many women with lip filler. Most of them can't smile, and talk funny.
The next US version is supposed to premier on 7/15.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, June 22, 2020 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, Snoops, I made the mistake of trying to catch up 7 episodes in one night, and I have no idea who anyone is.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Friday, June 26, 2020 - 10:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
So I'm watching season 10 of Married at First Sight. On my pvr it records as "Why Not? Married at First Sight".

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, June 27, 2020 - 7:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
That was the most recent in the US, already over here, so I don't want to spoil.

Australia had two new episodes this week, and as they had the big dinner, I kept thinking 'I don't remember that couple'... LOL.

Too many. I was hoping they would thin them out by the end of the commitment episode, but that didn't happen. That surprised me.

Ranger2

08-08-2008

Saturday, June 27, 2020 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ranger2 a private message Print Post    
I'm also watching the Australia show, and I was having trouble remembering some of them too. lol I did look ahead to see what the episodes were about and it looks like they do that dinner and recommitment ceremony again. How can they really show all these couples?? There are just too many of them for you to really get to know any of them. But I will keep watching!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, June 27, 2020 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I agree Ranger, there are a few standouts, but some of them ... I have no clue.

I couldn't even remember why the one couple, (the truck driver and Haley the recoverED drug addict) were fighting until they reviewed it.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Tuesday, June 30, 2020 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
I must be way too invested in Australia because I know all of them. I was shocked at Dave revealing Haley's past drug addiction in front of everyone like that but she was okay with it so that is what matters.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Wednesday, July 08, 2020 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
New show starting tonight: New Orleans....Matchmaking Special at 8 pm
Kickoff Special at 9 pm

Chieko

11-20-2003

Wednesday, July 08, 2020 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
I've got it recorded and looking forward to another season.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, July 15, 2020 - 5:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
watching the new season and one guy explains to his friends, he decided to leave his marriage in the hands of people who know what they are doing, ha ha ha ha ha . obviously he has never seen the show. Season two with threats assaults and men who gave the women STDs was a winner.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Thursday, July 23, 2020 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
I have enjoyed the first week. There is a good variety of couples. I find it interesting that 2 out of the 5 couples were familiar with each other.
So far the first three seem pleased....or maybe they are just good actors. I've been impressed with the families and how they are taking this seriously.

I thought Karen looked absolutely beautiful and I loved her dress.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, July 23, 2020 - 7:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I also enjoyed last nights show very much. There was a wee bit of drama with the first couple, her being told who he was before the wedding. A bridesmaid leaked who he was, I think she knew one of the groomsmen. But otherwise it was really good. I’m waiting for Brett to become his real self, which isn’t good, as he showed at the bachelor party.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, July 27, 2020 - 5:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I’m hoping Bret will surprise us. I couldn’t tell if Karen is attracted, she never said.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Tuesday, July 28, 2020 - 7:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I just discovered this show over the weekend. I was on Netflix and they had season 9 on there...I thought "what the hell, I want to see what it's about"...to my surprise, I thoroughly enjoyed it! I'm now watching season 10. LOL

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 28, 2020 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Welcome aboard the crazy train, Scooter! Glad to have you!

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Tuesday, July 28, 2020 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Thanks Karuuna! I find the whole process interesting.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 28, 2020 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I do too. I am also fascinated how they sometimes miss serious dysfunction in some of them too, when they evaluate them. Whew.

But I'm so happy that for some it works out wonderfully.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, July 31, 2020 - 8:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Looks like from previews of coming episodes Olivia and what’s his name aren’t doing too well. So far Iovia and Woody are my favs. I like the quirky couple as long as I don’t think they will try too hard to be quirky.

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Friday, July 31, 2020 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I don't know how I missed out on this show until season 10, but I am hooked. Have watched several past seasons, watching the Couple Cam shows, the Australia version and now Season 11.
I love Amelia and Bennett. They are so quirky and seem perfect for each other. They are my early favorites for the season. I do hope when watching it back though that Amelia realizes having her mouth gaping open all the time is not an attractive look.
I don't see Brett and Olivia making it. She is far too nice for him. They should have paired her with Henry and Christina with Brett.
Verdict is out on Woody and Amani. Seems they are the early fan favorites, but I think Wookdy might be a bit of a player, just something about him rubs me the wrong way.
I love Miles. Hoping Karen can get past the age difference because he seems like a great guy, mature and in it for the right reasons.

On to Australia. Anyone else watching annoyed that they brought in 2 new couples so late in the season? Would prefer more time was spent on the couples we already have. I was annoyed last night that Mishel stayed with Steve. When he told her he didn't find her physically attractive last week I gasped out loud! My immediate thought was that I would have been out of there that day. It was so hurtful.