TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 30, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Talent/Variety Shows: America's Got Talent: Archive through June 30, 2020 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, September 19, 2019 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The best act did not win, that's for sure. And it's uncomfortable to say that since the winner is blind and has autism.
I'm very happy about the joy it brought him, though.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Thursday, September 19, 2019 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
I feel exactly the same, Naja and Chitchat58.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, September 19, 2019 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Exactly, Naja. I felt he got more votes, therefore won, due to his challenges in life. He definitely deserved to be part of AGT, but not win.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Thursday, September 19, 2019 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I hate that he won. He doesn’t have a bad voice, just not a stellar, I want to hear more one. So many of the acts I would pay to see were either in bottom of top 10 or eliminated before the finals. I have huge respect for #2-5 too, but just not any wow factor. The only positive in Kodi winning is they now have money to help cover all his supports - at least for the short-term.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, September 19, 2019 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I understand that a large part of the viewing audience enjoys all of the background history and information about the contestants' (often difficult or tragic) circumstances and past. That's why they show it.

However, I still find it disappointing when the better performing acts don't win or place higher.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, September 20, 2019 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I thought the most talented person on that stage was Emanne Beasha (the opera singer). What a voice coming out of that tiny body! I think a lot of them got good exposure from this show and will definitely get hired elsewhere. There are a few I would go to see. I think a lot of them are cruise ship acts.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, September 20, 2019 - 5:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
He is a local kid. I dont watch this show, I have just followed his journey

Chitchat58

07-25-2008

Sunday, September 22, 2019 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chitchat58 a private message Print Post    
If they are looking for a Vegas act my choice would be V.Unbeatable

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, September 22, 2019 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I agree, Chitchat! I would love to see them in person. I'll bet they're amazing up close!

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, September 22, 2019 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I noticed they don't give the winner a Vegas engagement anymore. Now, all the top acts do a show together for a few days in Vegas.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, September 22, 2019 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Very likely because sadly there’s no way some of the winners could sustain any sort of a Vegas act on their own.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, September 22, 2019 - 4:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Doesn't the winner get a one-time Vegas show however long -- not continuing for a period of time.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Friday, November 22, 2019 - 10:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Gabrielle and Julianne won’t be back as judges next summer...

https://deadline.com/2019/11/americas-got-talent-gabrielle-union-julianne-hough-out-simon-cowell-howie-mandel-back-season-15-judges-nbc-1202793711/

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Thursday, February 27, 2020 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
And their replacements? Heidi Klum is coming back full-time, and Sofia Vergara is coming in as a new judge...

https://deadline.com/2020/02/sofia-vergara-americas-got-talent-new-judge-heidi-klum-returns-mothership-series-1202870125/

Vsmart

02-09-2003

Tuesday, May 26, 2020 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
Starts tonight

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, May 26, 2020 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Oh that’s cool. I like this show. I wonder how they’re going to make it work though.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, May 26, 2020 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
All the auditions were filmed months ago. When they get down to the "live" shows, they'll probably do it remotely like American Idol did.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, May 26, 2020 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That might be hard though with AGT. Some of the acts take a lot of space, equipment and involve lots of people who sure aren't social distancing.

Anyway, we'll see how it goes. There (hopefully) may be less need for restrictions by then.

Fruitbat

08-07-2000

Wednesday, May 27, 2020 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Fruitbat a private message Print Post    
I wouldn't mind restrictions on the large acts; they are the ones I often FF right by. Though I didn't watch Modern Family I know Sophia likes to chew the scenery. She could become too much for me.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, June 04, 2020 - 12:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Fruitbat!?!

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Thursday, June 04, 2020 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I was pleasantly surprised to see AGT on! It is nice to have something light-hearted to watch that seems like our 'old world'. I don't mind Sophia V. The last act last episode (2) was hilarious. The heavy metal singer wearing the sparkly negligee. He seemed pretty down to earth when they talked to him which surprised me. I thought he would be more of a nut bar. lol
I'm wondering if as the C-19 progressed during the taping if they purposely eliminated acts that would not be able to physical distance or hard to film from home? I'm curious and will be watching week to week.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, June 04, 2020 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm enjoying really enjoying Sofia on this show. She seems to have a good sense of humor and shows respect for the acts, especially the children. It is nice to have one of our shows back on TV. I'm wondering when we're going to have any of our other shows, since they're not able to film. Everything I've read says not to expect any of our regular shows to be back before January.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, June 04, 2020 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I like Sofia too. I think she's a terrific addition the show.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, June 30, 2020 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Did they explain why there was no audience at the beginning of the show? I missed it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, June 30, 2020 - 6:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I don't know if they said it in the beginning, but a few times throughout they mentioned the virus.