TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 24, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Adventure: Naked And Afraid: Archive through June 24, 2018 users admin

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 8:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I would not do any tv show for free. I don't work for free. I can't believe they do.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, June 02, 2017 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I hope the guy who does the 'blurring' of the contestant private parts gets paid well..... On his resume, how does he spin that....

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, June 02, 2017 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
that would be an editor sitting in an office.

sorry have a bizrite virus so I use cached data
they get paid 5K.
CONTEST PRIZES: One (1) grand prize each will be awarded to one (1) male and one (1) female entrant consisting of an opportunity to appear in the Discovery Channel television program “Naked and Afraid.” (the “Prize”). The prize includes the following: Round trip flights for each winner to an undisclosed survival location in coach class; (2) nights in a local hotel for two people, the opportunity to film an episode of “Naked and Afraid” and $5000 cash. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) is TBD. Actual retail value may vary and Sponsor will not award the difference between the ARV and actual value.
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Bx5BaCAOpFoJ:starcasm.net/archives/345385+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

zI think this is for the 21 day show.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, June 05, 2017 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I feel so sad for Chase, HE worked through a lot staying with his one partner, if only he had a chance to go home and keep on with that. But to be lured in by Russel and and the man thing again, and then Russ left him alone in the cold and damp. Russ must have done something to make the show hate him, he certainly was not shown to have any redeeming qualities, just a need to be looked up to yet not deserving that.
I think the group will be better without him there.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, June 05, 2017 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Russell was obsessed with being the provider.. And really annoying.

Chase is totally obsessed with Ranger bro code.. But seems like a good guy.

I noted that the women were smart and collected water during the storm, while they two guys (then one) had a totally empty pot under the shelter.

A real leader would have had the group stick together, not let one guy leave alone and then abandon the third guy.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, June 05, 2017 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Russ wanted to be looked on as the leader, but he knew nothing about real survival. His partner was the strength of the group before, no way could he step in those shoes. No one should have to walk through the jungle alone, and actually no one did, they had the camera crew.
I think Chase is a mixed up kid , he started out in his show as me man provider, and his partner showed him how to work with someone else, was a really good woman. then he went into the group and got sucked back into the me man provider from Russ. I felt bad for the third guy whose name i already forgot, he was a reasonable guy who was looked at as just another demeaning man and he even came with fire wood. I was hoping they would offer him some food. I was wondering if they did not have roots to eat, and why not stack that up in the shelter to eat when they could not leave for food?

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Tuesday, June 06, 2017 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
I know this is probably mostly editing, showing snakes around every bend in the trail. Even if there is only one, why not grab it and cook it? Maybe not as good as a pig, but certainly nutritional and filling.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, June 06, 2017 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
snakes are not all that easy to catch. you have to know which ones are poisonous and be very careful with them. others are very quick. they slip into any crack and crevice. I can't believe anyone thinks going after Caiman is a good idea!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, March 11, 2018 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Does a new season start tonight?

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Sunday, March 11, 2018 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
I believe it does, Lakecat.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, March 11, 2018 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
It's got so many off shoot shows like Naked and Afraid XL, N&A Dangerously Delicious etc, it's hard to keep up. Thanks.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, March 11, 2018 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yes, and they keep repackaging previous episodes together in longer showings, so they get marked "new" also. It's very frustrating.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, March 11, 2018 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Yes it is!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
The woman last night was a bad ass. Wrangling that snake was something else.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I missed last night, I was so disappointed last week, when I had to make a choice of what to watch, this lost. I will catch it on demand, thanks for the heads up.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, April 09, 2018 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
commercials say a new season starts May 6 th. I thought I was watching a new season.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, April 09, 2018 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, that was a good show. She was pretty amazing. Really, the last week had to have been awful.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, April 09, 2018 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
yeah but the poor woman, being left by to wimpy men. and then she has too survive alone with the panther stalking her. Im a going to go with they did not leave her alone, there was probably crew there.
but yes, she came to survive and intended to do it, and she did.

I think what is off putting to me is the crew bing there, i think that is what I enjoy about Alone, even though a lot of the video is not interesting.
but alone or with people, she was an amazing woman.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, April 09, 2018 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
There is always crew there for this show. Although they aren't allowed to help in any way, except to call for help if necessary.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, April 09, 2018 - 5:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
well, they also bring medication with them if they have to take pills every day, the people don't get to keep the pills they are doled out to them. they do a few things. I am never sure about those medics, they seem to have mixed amounts of skills. Some times they leave an infection alone too lone , other times they pull them right away.
I think the woman everyone loves to hate said that in a magazine interview. the one with the magnifying glass for water purification. Honora?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, April 24, 2018 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Not sure when, but Maci from Teen Mom (mom to Bentley and has two younger kids now with her husband) did Naked and Afraid for this season. Teen Mom showed her preparing, but no outcome, of course.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 24, 2018 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
No release date yet, but it has already been filmed.

It was a shorter period and she got to bring extra personal items.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, April 24, 2018 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I'm thinking bug spray would be the most personal item.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 24, 2018 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
LOL, no kidding. I would be driven mad the first day. Although seriously, it's not that far a push for me.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Tonight is the night of the Maci episode.