TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 27, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: General Discussion (Various Shows): Archive through March 27, 2020 users admin

Reader234

08-13-2000

Friday, October 11, 2019 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Roxi, yes, it’s fascinating and sad and maddening (how the doctor got away with so much) how he convinced people (his granddaughter for instance, that instead of having “illegal abortions” they would have “illegal adoptions “ so no one would ever know (as they’d never know if they’d been aborted). However, they are ignoring that mothers were told babies were stillborn, they weren’t there for abortions nor adoptions! The think the lady, Jane (?) was on her journey to find out, she has been searching over 20 years! She discovered how tiny these babies were some 4#s! When she said you’ve described puppies as tiny...but babies? To be told not to hold the baby the whole way back to Michigan, to put the baby on a pillow? How did these babies survive?!

And the granddaughter exhuming her dads body? Because no one in the Hicks family would give dna, wth are the still hiding!

Then google and you find MORE of these horrific babie stealing 😪

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, October 11, 2019 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
It is an incredibly sad show for the surviving babies (and how many of these babies died after birth - it could be a shocking number - and who would believe that that many people would travel there to get an abortion back in that day when travel wasn't that easy!). I had some trouble with my satellite last night (but so happy to have rain that I'm not complaining) and wondered if they ever resolved who left the search warrant inside of the (supposedly previously unopened) crypt?

Reader234

08-13-2000

Saturday, October 12, 2019 - 5:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I didn’t think they could “wrap it up”. It shouldn’t have been a disappointing show, but it so was... clearly it was reality as Sallies storyline was so emotional for her, what a journey she went on! She said she hoped others would have answers, the show led us to believe Dr Hicks fathered “many”, how each told how they suspected they were fathered by him, blue eyes, blonde or red hair, the side by side picture of Sallie and her dad...

And the bomb shell of exhuming the body, at least 20 minutes, then the collecting dna.... then notifying Sallie... yes, drawn out for drama, but taking a commercial return from break to repeat 2-3 minutes, as if you hadn’t just watched it!

The great reveal? Not so great. It was revealed on day 1! The first interview with Sallie she mentioned a name (bleeped then as the person didn’t want to participate- good for them btw ) Sallie said xxx believed the housekeeper had a baby fathered by dr Hicks...and the dna revealed... that was the truth...

But I understand a story this big cannot “wrap it up” but, tlc in the way they “sold” the show, I was not a fan!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, October 14, 2019 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I agree that it didn't need to be three long nights. I thought the show was rather compelling but I would have preferred they showed us more of the hunt for other birth families in lieu of all the time spent with Sallie. I sure thought she was going to be related to Dr. Hicks though because her resemblance to her adopted father was uncanny.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Monday, December 30, 2019 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Here’s an edit of the first ep of the Netflix show The Circle:

https://youtu.be/9-m4gFdrQ8M

First four eps premiere 1/1, then more eps each of the following 2 weeks...

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, December 30, 2019 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Wilson! I just watched. Happy to see it is a lot like the U.K. version.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 - 3:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Wonder what they will show now that the Jeopardy special is over with?

Jandy

07-08-2005

Thursday, January 16, 2020 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jandy a private message Print Post    
what was the show with Bill and the young waitress, the Dallas socialite and the younger man, and Drew and somebody who met on SugarBabies?

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, January 16, 2020 - 3:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Marrying Millions?

I never saw it, but I just put "met on SugarBabies" in quotes in google and it popped up.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 21, 2020 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Bravo Spy show -- Did anyone catch this last night? I got caught up in HGTV so forgot about it, LOL. Just wondering if it is worth tracking down.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, January 21, 2020 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
If you like the format of The Great British Bake off - on youtube is The Great Pottery Throw Down, season 1-2 complete (8episodes I believe). Season 3 only 2 have been posted. I’m not artistic, so I’m enjoying these. YouTube somehow read my purchases as I bought a gift certificate for son and dil for a 2 hour private pottery class (in Brooklyn) 🤣. I sent them the link for “homework 😂😂

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, January 21, 2020 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
https://youtu.be/fhu4h-1Ua-E

Link to Season 1 episode 1
The Great Pottery Throw Down

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Wednesday, January 29, 2020 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Disney+ announced a few new shows, including a revival of a show from a few years back that was somewhat well regarded...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.com/2020/tv/news/the-quest-disney-plus-reality-maze-meet-chimps-pixar-1203484822/amp/

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Thursday, January 30, 2020 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
This is a very interesting article about a sad reality tv incident:

https://ew.com/tv/2020/01/30/ryan-jenkins-jasmine-fiore-megan-wants-a-millionaire/

(it also has some info on what happened during BB18 when a HG quit the game after they went in but before the show/LF's started)

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, February 02, 2020 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Super Bowl general discussion and commercials.

Just saw Little Nas X singing a version of Old Town Road in a commercial with I believe Sam Elliott? Hilarious. Billy Ray said "I ain't dancing."

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, February 02, 2020 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Super Bowl general discussion and commercials.

Just saw Little Nas X singing a version of Old Town Road in a commercial with I believe Sam Elliott? Hilarious. Billy Ray said "I ain't dancing."

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Saturday, February 15, 2020 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Shocking news from the UK- the former host of Love Island, Caroline Flack, was found dead this morning from an apparent suicide...

https://news.sky.com/story/caroline-flack-former-love-island-presenter-found-dead-11935068

(she stepped down from the show- which is airing a winter edition right now- because of an alleged assault on her then-boyfriend a couple of months ago...)

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, February 15, 2020 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That’s a sad story.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, February 17, 2020 - 5:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Does anyone know when a new season of Ru Paul’s drag race
Will air?

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Monday, February 17, 2020 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, I read somewhere it starts Feb. 28.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, February 18, 2020 - 8:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Thanks. It’s an upbeat guilty pleasure. I watch too many reality shows these days.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, February 19, 2020 - 10:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Can any one point me to where spy games discussion is?

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Friday, March 27, 2020 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
Did anyone watch Making The Cut? I can't believe we got another designer that didn't know how to make patterns and didn't know how to sew. Think I'm going to enjoy it, it was good to see Tim and Heidi again.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, March 27, 2020 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
In my area Making the Cut doesn't start until this week.

RuPaul's Drag Race is interesting this year, since they are obviously trying to minimize Sherry Pie's role - if you watch any of the follow up shows and interviews she is totally cut out as much as possible.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Friday, March 27, 2020 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
Roxip, Making The Cut started today on Amazon where I'm at. It was 2 episodes.
I love Rupaul's Drag Race. They've done a good job editing her out.