TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 08, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Fashion Design/Modeling/Pageant Shows: Project Runway (Season 18): Archive through March 08, 2020 users admin

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, February 23, 2020 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    

I liked less than half of the garments in Christian's 2020 collection.
Several of the models seemed to be clompin' down the runway vs walkin' down the runway. The last few couldn't move well.
I suspect he didn't get enough fabric from Mood or wherever and had to use a couple of things from the kitchen like trash bags and colored plastic wrap.

The collection put me in mind of the following:

Carol Burnett, Gone With The Wind sketch
My Fair Lady, The Ascot Scene
Puzzle pieces/Autism awareness logo
B&D/S&M/Punk Rock

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, February 23, 2020 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
The color in his collection reminds me of a color at Disney called Go Away Green. It is painted on places they dont want you to look at.
from trueprepper.com
Go Away Green is a specific shade Disney uses to make less-magical structures and details blend in with the landscaping. They slather it on everything they want their customers to overlook; utility buildings, employee entryways, trash cans, and even large business buildings

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, February 23, 2020 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I did like his black sparkly garments. I'm a glitter girl at heart

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, February 23, 2020 - 7:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
That is interesting Pamy. Green is a favorite color of mine but I do not care for that Go Away Green at all, I guess it works, lol.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Sunday, February 23, 2020 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Sugar I agree with you. His fall/winter collection video is also up. I hated all the men's looks. Some of his fabrics were crazy. I laughed when I saw the high/low hems, the cut outs and a few other things that he tries to steer the designers away from. Pamy if you like glitter check out the video of the fall/winter collection. He has a thing for hats. I think it is the fall/winter one that he uses this gaucho hat with many of the outfits.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, February 23, 2020 - 11:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Roteach, I will check it out :-)

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, February 25, 2020 - 9:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
There’s a YouTube trailer of Heidi and Tim’s new show , Making The Cut but I couldn’t get it to link. They certainly have a lot of money involved in the new show. I guess I want be able to see it bc I can barely get streaming through Netflix much less if I ad Amazon.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, February 28, 2020 - 12:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
So, Brittany and Marquise are out.

In the previews, what did Victoria do to her hair?

That structure was an interesting runway.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Friday, February 28, 2020 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I just wanted Victoria gone.....Interesting that the 2 eliminated had previously been booted but Brit had the save and Marquise was brought back when one quit.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, February 28, 2020 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I swear I don't remember being as much of a at the age of 28 as Victoria.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, February 28, 2020 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Marameko,, I thought that was interesting also.. So pissed Victoria stayed! I wanted Marquis or Brit to stay!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, February 28, 2020 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Ding, dong the blonde witch is gone!!!

I was delighted when Brittany was eliminated. When she was getting her critique and they did not love her, she looked as though she had ingested every sour grape and lemon in the world. Complaining about Nancy using horsehair again when she is using butterflies again. Brittany needs to update her vision prescription.

I wish Victoria had been eliminated also.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, February 28, 2020 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
well at least Victoria did something different.

was really surprised at the latex love. it is odd that Geoffrey ha so much latex experience and did not use it before, but with all the costumey comments, I can see why to avoid it.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Friday, February 28, 2020 - 10:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Marquise always seemed so in over his head, and Brittany seemed to have lost her confidence.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, February 29, 2020 - 7:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Would have liked to have seen Victoria and Nancy eliminated.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, March 05, 2020 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I wish Marquise got to stay. I want a Geoffrey win and if not him, then Marquise.

I think these two would benefit the most with the mentorship prize. And I like them the most. :-)

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Thursday, March 05, 2020 - 6:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
Me too Grooch.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, March 05, 2020 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
The thing with Geoffrey is he seems to have the work and is well known. He worked on some Disney designs and he also said he had made some latex designs for some celebrities. His designs were just too weird on this episode. I actually liked Victoria’s the most.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, March 05, 2020 - 10:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
my eyes hurt from rolling them every time Sergio speaks

I liked something in everyone's collection. I hope Geoffrey wins.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, March 06, 2020 - 7:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I’m just not in love with any of the final designs, I hope they tweak them before fashion week. I guess Geoffrey is my least favorite. I haven’t liked anything he’s done except the green dress with red accents. I think that’s the one he won.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, March 06, 2020 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I think all 4 designers will show at Fashion Week... and I think they show the same designs again... however re-designed or re-styled taking into account the judges comments. And if they win or not will depend how well they took the judges critiques and applied it to their collection.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, March 06, 2020 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Geoffrey is so nervous and anxious watching him makes me nervous and anxious.
I hope Nancy wins.

I agree that Geoffrey's clothes were indeed weird, boob and boy bobble sleeves?!?
I wanted to scream when he had all those feathers flying around the workroom, how very rude of him.

Sergio's were odd as well. I liked the dark cocktail dress but the sheer was straight out of a bad movie bordello.

I was surprised that I didn't immediately hate Victoria's line. Not overly fond of it but thought a couple pieces might have merit. I found the branding ridiculous as well as all the hats and bags.

Nancy, I liked the tailored suit. I do think she needs to break up that busy pattern with a solid shirt and forget the wine sack.

I suspect they will let all 4 show as well. Not fond of the cliff hanger. I want to know now!!! They probably let all 4 show during fashion week but may only have 2 or 3 on the show. PR has being doing that for years in an attempt to discourage spoilers.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, March 06, 2020 - 7:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
On twitter Heidi Karlie tweeted something that people are saying is a spoiler regarding how many will show at FW.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, March 08, 2020 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I actually liked pieces out of all four collections (which is unusual for me because there is usually that one designer's whose collection I despise).

I'm soooooooooo over Sergio and his political bullshit. He's off-the-charts crazy. No one wants to listen to that garbage 24/7.

I'm really hoping for either a Geoffrey or Nancy win.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, March 08, 2020 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Pamy, I thought 8-10 designers show at FW so the audience members (who were not part of the show) don't know who are the F4. Obviously, the designers who are not part of the F4 don't get as much money for materials/fabric - maybe a couple of thousand - but that's it.