TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 23, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Fashion Design/Modeling/Pageant Shows: Project Runway (Season 18): Archive through February 23, 2020 users admin

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, February 21, 2020 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I am so tired of Victoria and her "style" or one dress. This looked like her first one only less well made and with the hole on the other side. they gave them hundreds to spend on fabric and how did her fabric look so cheap? I guess I don't like her style. asymmetrical may be fine but not for us boring everyday people.

I think this would have been a difficult time to throw someone off, but everyone seemed happy, so there you go.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, February 21, 2020 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
The asymmetrical look is soooo ugly!!!

When I think of fashion I think of wearable timeless look... like a LBD (little black dress), DVF wrap dress... Statement pieces that never go out of style and can be worn for years/decades even...

That crappy asymmetrical dress she made last night was hideous... and who is going to wear crap like that again the second the "fad" is over?!? It just peeves me off to no end.

I really thought Sergio's dress was pretty and I got the distinct impression that the judges are "over" him... I have to believe there is NO way he's going to ever win them over enough to give me the win for the season...

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, February 21, 2020 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I thought I would post a few of Victoria's looks. they are not exactly the same, only in my mind.
does this look like it fits well?

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, February 21, 2020 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, February 21, 2020 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, February 21, 2020 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    

Pdxtransplant

07-09-2010

Friday, February 21, 2020 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pdxtransplant a private message Print Post    
Sergio’s comment that he would NEVER put a pregnant woman in a fitted or tight dress was ridiculous. So very 1950’s of him with a sprinkle of misogyny. Has he never seen Serena Williams and her awesome athletic body in dressy Lycra? You can’t tell him anything.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, February 21, 2020 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Only the yellow one looks like a regular dress... but that weird cutout at the waist... The red dress is an abomination!!! Wide strap narrow strap!!! UGH!!!

OMG!!! All the looks have that stupid waist cutout!!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, February 21, 2020 - 5:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I was not surprised that no one was sent home. When I was watching the judges question the athletes, all the athletes absolutely loved their dresses and I just couldn't see them sending someone home over a nitpicky detail. I also agree with the above comment that if a designer was sent home, the athlete might feel responsible even though she loved the design.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, February 21, 2020 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I accidentally spoiled myself last night reading here. Totally my own fault, but it actually turned out well, as I knew Victoria did not win, and that Nancy did win. And I still got the surprise that no one went home. I think it was best, considering that all the athletes were accommodated and pleased.

I so wish that Victoria had gone last week.

😧

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, February 21, 2020 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
2 going home next week...

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, February 21, 2020 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Victoria's face when they said no one was going home..not happy.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, February 21, 2020 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
so pissed they liked Victoria's look, I cant stand her and my disdain grows more ea week!
so rude to be pissed no one left!

Geoffrey better win! but wow Nancy! good for her!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, February 22, 2020 - 4:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I absolutely loved Nancy's design - especially using velcro so her athlete could easily get in and out of it. Nancy nailed it.

I would be happy with either a Geoffrey or a Nancy win.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, February 22, 2020 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I am with you Lexi_girl, I would love a Nancy win and I also like Geoffrey.

I am weary of some of the other designers, (Brittany, Victoria and a few who have been eliminated) dissing Nancy all the time. I strongly suspect it is ageism.

If Victoria wins she will be one of the worst winners ever IMO. I can imagine her collection of dresses and the occasional catsuit that have asymmetrical hems and cutouts on one side or the other. Yuck!

The judges seem to love both Victoria and Brittany and IMO they have both had some really bad designs and to be fair a couple of good ones but they are both a miss for me.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, February 22, 2020 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I noticed Victoria called herself an asymmetrical designer on this episode. I should say so.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, February 22, 2020 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Victoria was also giving looks on the runway, any time a negative comment was made to someone else.

I noticed that she was not wearing asymmetrical with cutouts herself.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, February 22, 2020 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I’m glad Nancy won but she really would get on my nerves. I knew as soon as Geoffreys dress had a stain on it from the iron, I knew it was Nancy’s fault.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, February 22, 2020 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I suspect the proper approach would be to make sure a shared iron was clean before you use it.

Yes, they should clean it if they dirty it, but best to just be proactive.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, February 22, 2020 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
True, just like you would check to make sure the bobbin and top thread were the correct colors and type of thread on the sewing machine before using it. They don't always use the same sewing machine and some of them appear to have special features.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Saturday, February 22, 2020 - 9:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
I would like a Geoffrey or Marquise win. I wouldn't hate a Sergio win, he has made some very nice clothes. I don't want Nancy to win because like Victoria and her one dress, Nancy has relied too much on her oversized leg pants. To me Jeoffrey has taken the most chances in his designs. I still say something happened during the Cindy Lauper challenge to turn the designers against Nancy. The ones who dog her the most were all on her team.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, February 22, 2020 - 11:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Maybe she threatens them.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Sunday, February 23, 2020 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Here's a link to a YouTube for Christian's spring/summer 2020 collection. I am half way through watching it. There's even a high/low hem dress in the collection.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtGrzdm0Rk4

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Sunday, February 23, 2020 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
No, there was a dustup during a team challenge and Nancy felt her opinions and input was being discounted... and I thought it seemed as if she had a point... but ever since then she's had it out for them and several... Brittany and Delvin seemed to continue discount everything she does.

I remember a couple episodes ago Brittany commented that obviously Nancy is in the bottom and someone she liked was in the top... actually it was the opposite... I LOL'd because i think it's such an ugly look and is so blatantly biased against Nancy...

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, February 23, 2020 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I’ve worked with women like Nancy before. She’s the one that calls a meeting at 4:58 on a Friday afternoon and overthinks everything and asks redundant questions until 6:30 pm. Or at least that’s how I perceive her.