TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 21, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Fashion Design/Modeling/Pageant Shows: Project Runway (Season 18): Archive through February 21, 2020 users admin

Roteach

06-01-2003

Monday, February 17, 2020 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Next To Fashion is a PR type show on Netflix (I think).Tan France from the new Queer Eye hosts with a British lady.There are 16 contestants. Their projects are more "real" than some of the ones on PR.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, February 17, 2020 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I don't have Netflix and I don't know who Tan France is so it's all Greek to me... LOL

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, February 17, 2020 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
back to PR... I'm hoping Sergio does not win...

I'm hoping for a Geoffrey win... he's very talented... and super caring and nice... qualities that seem to be lacking in a lot of people today...

I wouldn't mind Nancy in the Final 4... just as long as Victoria is not there... Marquis is nice and a good designer... but not talented enough to win.

Brittany can come in 2nd...

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, February 18, 2020 - 8:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Who won the challenge?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, February 18, 2020 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Geoffrey - if we are talking about the tie dye challenge. Sergio was a close second and Nancy was third. Brittany and Marquise were safe and Delvin and Victoria were in the bottom.

Funny but true - I got an email from Old Navy this morning proclaiming tie die is back.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 18, 2020 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Geoffrey's gown was beautiful. I hated Leslie Jones as a judge. The way she was raving about every design that came down the runway, even those in the bottom must have thought they were safe.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Tuesday, February 18, 2020 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I thought she was hysterical... a nice departure from the norm... Would I want her there every week?? NO... I loved when Geoffrey's model was walking and Leslie was talking to her and she was trying her best to not laugh... FUNNY.

I really liked Nancy's tie-dye technique... it was the best I thought... I loved Geoffrey's color palette.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Tuesday, February 18, 2020 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Last week's look was a Flash Sale right???

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 18, 2020 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yes it was Cass

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Tuesday, February 18, 2020 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
YAY!!! So Geoffrey made some $$$ ???? right? It's the designer that gets the $$...

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 18, 2020 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Leslie may be funny, but not as a judge. That was intrusive. But I imagine they feel that the celebrity judges up the ratings.

Still, a judge loudly commenting during the runway portion, not a great idea.

Had they used her in a voiceover with her reactions, maybe a better idea.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 18, 2020 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, I thought she was terrible as a judge. She loved everyone's outfits so it had to be confusing to the designers who were in the bottom. I can't imagine how distracting it was for the models having to listen to her flap her gums while they are trying not to trip... LOL. I just hope she never judges again.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Tuesday, February 18, 2020 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed her.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, February 18, 2020 - 10:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Wasn't Leslie a guest judge last season also?

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, February 18, 2020 - 10:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I don't remember if Leslie was a judge on a previous episode.
She was tickled pink to be there. I didn't find her comments disrespectful, rather a bit of fun and she had a such joyful exuberance that made for a happy runway. It was a nice change.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, February 19, 2020 - 6:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I've never seen nor heard of Leslie Jones before this past week's episode so I don't think she has ever been a judge before.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, February 19, 2020 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
She seemed to really enjoy herself. When thinking of guest judges in total I am not recalling "repeat"judges.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, February 19, 2020 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I’m not a fan of Leslie Jones because she’s one of those political celebrities, but if she’s a big fan of the show, I have no problem with her being a one time guest judge.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, February 19, 2020 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I got a kick out of her and how much she was enjoying it. I liked that she hooted and hollered as they came down the runway. Sometimes it seems so stuffy

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, February 19, 2020 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Pamy! I completely agree! The show takes themselves soooo serious most of the time... it was wonderful to see some levity for a change!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, February 19, 2020 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I liked her enthusiasm too.

Pdxtransplant

07-09-2010

Wednesday, February 19, 2020 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pdxtransplant a private message Print Post    
Loved her comments, and the enthusiasm of the models and the other judges!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, February 20, 2020 - 11:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I was delighted that Nancy won, she made her client very happy and was so thoughtful in addressing the needs of her client.

Victoria did her usual repeat of the same old dress, grr. I thought what Victoria was wearing was interesting, she could have used some imagination and made something with that as inspiration.

I would have sent Geoffrey or Marquise home.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, February 21, 2020 - 7:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
How could Geoffrey screw up dressing that woman so badly? Not to sound weird or anything, but her body was amazing! I felt like most of the other designers had far more challenges surrounding their models - Marquise's model was so petite that fitting anything to her that made her look like an adult would have been difficult, Nancy's model had a strong upper body physique but of course was in a wheelchair (and Nancy redeemed herself admirably in her enthusiasm and compassion for making sure that her model was happy with the result), Brittany's model was an older, more rotund, shorter woman who had a strong sense of what she wanted, and Victoria's model was actually very beautiful but her proportions were a little off from the norm (and I still think she made the same dress as usual and just got lucky with her model - but the dress didn't even seem to be that well made and it was too short!).

And then there's Sergio - that dress was ill-fitting and there was so much more he could have done for that gorgeous woman - rich women get pregnant too Sergio! I thought his dress was nice but nothing that couldn't have been bought in a good resort-wear store. The cutouts weren't that spectacular and the top fit very strangely.

I'm glad they saved the harder critiques until the models were off the runway and for once I'm glad they didn't send anyone home - I think the model would have felt it was somehow a reflection on their dress or themselves if their designer had gone home.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Friday, February 21, 2020 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Thanks Roxiep, I of course fell asleep before knowing who was to be booted and now my question has been answered.