TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 01, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Relationships: Married At First Sight on FYI (formerly the Biography channel): ARCHIVES: Archive through January 01, 2020 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Nick, who was paired with Sonia, was in an accident that left him partially paralyzed:

https://www.eonline.com/news/1056547/married-at-first-sight-s-nick-pendergrast-gets-support-from-ex-sonia-after-accident

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well, FWIW, Matthew's Instagram profile says he is a "camp director", so doesn't sound like any auto business worked out.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
What happened to Nick is so sad and horrible. It was nice of Sonia to reach out

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, August 15, 2019 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Is anyone watching this? I’d love to know what anyone thinks of these couplings. Elizabeth is too much,Amanda is needy,Matt’s only in it for the paycheck,if I have to hear about Iris’ virginity one more time, I swear. Greg and Keith are the only good ones.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, August 15, 2019 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I am.

I always think when they sleep together too soon, they are doomed.

And if they don't sleep together at all, they are doomed.

Well, maybe they are all just doomed.... LOL.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, August 16, 2019 - 8:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
True observation. Has Greg and his wife had sex yet.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, August 16, 2019 - 8:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yes, as I recall, an episode or two ago, they did once and he asked when it would happen again and she gave some weird, noncommittal answer.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Friday, August 16, 2019 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
Yes, Deonna gave him birthday sex. Gonna be another year, I'm sure.

Even Iris' own mother told her to just do it - ha.

I was old school and saved virginity for marriage and even I think Iris needs to get over it. I encouraged my kids to have safe sex. So many kids in my childhood religion got married just because of the sex drive leading the decision. I want my kids to make well thought out/informed decisions about their marriages.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, August 16, 2019 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Well if you think you are getting out, don't have sex. I think that may have been what Will thought last season, they were incompatible, so why have sex with this woman you are going to leave, she is going to hate you enough already. Don't be rude, just don't do it. You can get an annulment, even though the show says you have to get a divorce,some have had annulments.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, August 17, 2019 - 6:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Jen I know a few couples who wanted to wait until they were married so rushed the wedding so they could have sex. Both couples have divorced.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Wednesday, September 04, 2019 - 10:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Greg seems like such a sweet guy and I wish Deonna would treat him better. She seems very cold and very stingy with her affection and admiration for him. He deserves more. She had better wake up.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, September 05, 2019 - 8:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I agree.

And Matt is just a jerk. This is what happens when you have sex too soon, she gets overly attached and clingy and he gets turned off.

Elizabeth is emotional, but Jamie is just mean. Some of the things he says to her! And I don't understand why the experts don't tell him so.

Don't know about Keith & Iris. I do think he might be better with someone more on par with him. I don't dislike either of them, just not sure they are a match. He's more worldly.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Thursday, September 05, 2019 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
Have you noticed the baby voices Iris and Deonna have been using? It makes me really question the maturity levels.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, September 06, 2019 - 7:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
It doesn’t seem like Keith is into Iris.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, September 06, 2019 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think he's mixed on her. She's beautiful, and she was so kind to him over his grandmother's death.

But yeah, I think he has a problem with her lack of experience and worldliness.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Friday, September 06, 2019 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Keith and Iris do make a handsome couple but Iris' lack of interest in physical intimacy would worry me, too. The immense pride she has in her virginity is, I'm afraid, a cover-up for her avoidance of wanting to get closer to Keith. She keeps saying it will happen but I might be a little afraid it won't.

Jamie is mean and I imagine it will only get worse. Elizabeth has a difficult personality, too. I think they may just be too volatile together.

I don't even understand what Matt is doing here. He is cruel and thoughtless and if he wasn't into Amanda, he should have just been honest, otherwise I have no idea what he thought marriage was.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, September 06, 2019 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Frankly, if I were Iris, and I had waited this long, I would wait until the 8 weeks were up also, to be sure.

But yeah, it does sound like she has become a bit too attached to it. At the same time, if that's how she feels she really deserves a man who is willing to wait and will honor that.

I'm not sure Keith is that guy.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, September 06, 2019 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
And Jamie IS incredibly mean, that's why I don't understand why the pros aren't calling him out on it! And while Elizabeth is difficult, his cruelty is only making that much worse.

And Matt - he was just trying to gain some infamy, I'm convinced of it. He had no intention of settling down.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Friday, September 06, 2019 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
I would wait until the 8 weeks were up also, to be sure.

I hadn't looked at it from that angle. It is surely plausible.

Ranger2

08-08-2008

Friday, September 06, 2019 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ranger2 a private message Print Post    
Jamie is so mean to Beth, and I would think over time, that’s going to get worse. Matt...ugh. He makes me so mad, and I’m really disappointed with the experts regarding his behavior.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Wow, not the finish I expected. Matt couldn't have been more unlikable. It's a mystery why he signed up and why he couldn't last in a dignified way for 8 weeks. He is a jerk.

Keith was as sweet and cute as always but he just couldn't trust it was going to work out for him. I don't know what to think of Iris. No one likes to be rejected but either she is very good at hiding her feelings or she really wasn't that invested. She didn't seem that hurt or sad.

I'm not sure what red flags Keith saw that we didn't but Iris, perhaps, just isn't that deep.

I hope the two married couples grow in love together and continue to improve on their marriages.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, September 12, 2019 - 4:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I bet Keith and Iris talked bout this before hand. He sure is handsome,but maybe a little too chill. Iris was just too immature. I’m so glad Amber said no.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, September 12, 2019 - 10:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
pretty sure Matt signed up for the money, little as it might be, remember his bank account does not have commas.

next week the two month reunion,

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, September 13, 2019 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I pretty much anticipated this outcome... Matt and Amber done. Keith and Iris done (I've said all along she wasn't worldly enough for him).

I was on the fence about Jamie and Beth, but I don't think it will last unless they get some counseling that will help them stop repeating the pattern they are in. I think they really do love each other, but they don't fight fair and that's a death blow to a relationship eventually.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Wednesday, January 01, 2020 - 9:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
A new season of MAFS started tonight. They’re in Washington,DC and are having 5 couples.