TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 19, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Fashion Design/Modeling/Pageant Shows: Project Runway (Season 18): Archive through January 19, 2020 users admin

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, January 11, 2020 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
every year she has a "home" show off Broadway where people sing reverse gender songs. It is to raise money for housing for teens thrown out of home for gender issues.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, January 13, 2020 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Okay... I'll bite. What is a "reverse gender song?"

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, January 13, 2020 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
A song normally sung by a female or male character sung by the opposite gender.

Example:
Songs typically sung by female characters:
I Feel Pretty
Not Getting Married Today
Cell Block Tango
Songs typically sung by Male characters:
And I Am Telling You
Popular
Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, January 13, 2020 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Check out YouTube for some videos of reverse gender songs, search Broadway Backwards.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, January 13, 2020 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I always think that picking songs like those is a smart move for American Idol / singing show contestants.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, January 13, 2020 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Is American Idol still on? I quit watching it years ago.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, January 13, 2020 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
starts soon. but not in this thread, this is just for long time fashion watchers or people like me, fashion critics.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, January 17, 2020 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
the judges do love some Victoria - she must be a master tailor because I thought her outfit was better fit for the space age episode. did not get what was so forward looking about it for your family history,which the judges noted but still included in the top looks. They seemed to like the fit. which does match with the men in the bottom having fit problems.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, January 17, 2020 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I cant stand Sergio. I think producers talked to him and told him he had to have Christian talk to him.

Many of the designers seem to dismiss Christian, he doesnt get the respect that they all gave Tim. I think Christian has some good critiques and they should listen

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, January 17, 2020 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I was hoping he would save Savi, my heart broke for him.
Why oh why do designers pick fabric that may not hold up well, surely they know fabrics that are easy to work with

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, January 17, 2020 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Yes, I’ve noticed many of the eliminated designers have had a fabric problem over a design problem. Sergios last two designs have been God awful and I think the only reason he stayed this time with the mullet dress was bc of his political message. PR is all about using the “Get Woke” message ad nauseum. I hated to see Shavi go,I was so hoping Christian would use his save.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Friday, January 17, 2020 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Could part of the materials issue be because they have such a short time at Mood to find what they need? They are doing so much running around and pulling out bolts of fabric that they don't really have the time to think of how it would work for what they are creating.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, January 17, 2020 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I agree Lake, that is the only reason they kept him. That dress was hideous. I thought he would get called out for having models work on it. Hoped it was a violation

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 17, 2020 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Having models help has never been a violation. Same with having other designers help.

Having someone else's model help seems like pushing it too far.

Victoria's head is going to explode soon.

The judges indeed seem to be obsessed with her.

First time I thought Christian might use his save..

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, January 17, 2020 - 3:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I think Brittany's head is going to explode over her jealousy of Victoria.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, January 17, 2020 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Apologies, I made a mistake in my 1/13/2020. 12:56pm post. The songs I listed as typically played by males are in fact female character songs. I had been watching some of the reverse gender clips of men singing those songs and listed them incorrectly.

Songs typically sung by Male characters
C'est Moi
Agony
Luck Be A Lady
There Is Nothing Like A Dame

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 17, 2020 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, Brittany is not coming off well with her snark.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, January 17, 2020 - 8:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I thought it was kind of shitty for Delvin's mom to just now tell him he also has mexican blood. why wasnt that a conversation years ago?!

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Friday, January 17, 2020 - 10:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
Maybe they never talk about him much because of how he died.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, January 18, 2020 - 4:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I thought Sergio's dress was absolutely hideous. No one wants to wear a dress with the names of dead people stitched into it - regardless of how they died. I'm also sick of the "get woke" message ad nauseum which has infested PR since it came back to Bravo last year.

I personally think Christian is a much better mentor than Tim. Christian hangs around the workroom to see how things are going even when he's not in "consult" with the designers. Tim was "in and out" of there. But, in full disclosure, Christian has always been one of my all-time favorite winners of PR. I think any designer that doesn't take advantage of Christian's advice is foolish.

Add me to the list of people that think Brittany's head is going to explode over Victoria. But according to the previews for next week, it looks like Victoria may not be in the top three.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Saturday, January 18, 2020 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
I thought that Marquise would have been in the top 3instead of Victoria, I liked his better and it fit the challenge better. Devin is growing on me.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, January 18, 2020 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Sunny, agree, I loved his and I actually thought Brittany's really fit the challenge

Lexie, ITA hideous is right!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, January 18, 2020 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I was never a fan of Christian before but I have to say that I have been impressed with him on this season. I think what some of the contestants are forgetting is that not only has Christian won this competition before but he is one of the very few to succeed outside of the show. He knows how the fashion world is working today. He understands what the judges are looking for. Any designer who doesn't listen to him is living in their own private fantasy world.

That said, I expected Sergio to show us how great he really is but so far he has not.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, January 19, 2020 - 5:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Sooooo... I'm looking at the pictures of the contestants on top and I have one question.

Who the hell is Melanie?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, January 19, 2020 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
she was eliminated week before last I think