TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Top Chef Season 17 - all stars

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Cooking Shows: Top Chef Season 17 - all stars users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through April 10, 2020Seamonkey25 04-10-20  1:38 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, April 10, 2020 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Melissa is totally killing it.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, April 13, 2020 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Lee Ann is killing herself...

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, April 13, 2020 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
that is true Cass_cat

Pdxtransplant

07-09-2010

Friday, April 17, 2020 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pdxtransplant a private message Print Post    
That was a very fun episode last night. Loved the product development. Oh, and this is not the first time that Malarkey has been on the bottom, and shocked at his placement. I like him, I’m not throwing shade. It’s just interesting.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, April 17, 2020 - 7:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Malarky has a suitable name, ha ha. he seems to have a higher opinion of himself than he deserves, he is skimming by right now.

Jen seems to have odd attitude problems on each show, it is just off putting. not surprised.

I think Lee Anne finally did well last night, her mom is a good influence, I think she maybe having baby missing issues.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 17, 2020 - 10:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Malarkey came across as arrogant..

Lee Anne did do better! Loved her mom.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, April 19, 2020 - 8:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I absolutely loved this challenge.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, April 19, 2020 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I loved when one mom had put down the phone, happily eating.. with daughter asking a question.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, May 11, 2020 - 1:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Wow just caught up with the shows. Restaurant wars could you telegraph the ending more.
I could not believe an experienced restauranter could make so many bad decisions and his group would not question him.

Maris

03-27-2002

Monday, May 11, 2020 - 7:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I think in restaurant wars, as a rule of thumb, the team leader gets kicked out or the head of house gets kicked out. Any team member who opens up their mouth and disagrees with the team leader exposes themselves needlessly. Being a line cook is the safest place to be.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, May 11, 2020 - 11:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I never saw it being so not speaking up before. most people have some kind of mouth, now the winning team allowed all the recipes to be controlled, where as the losing team just had volume and counted on just one recipe to carry the whole restaurant.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, May 12, 2020 - 4:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I have to tell you - I have lived down south for 44 years and I've never had country cooking like what Kevin was serving. We are not "curry" eaters down here unless it is in Indian food (not that popular) or Thai food (which is very popular). But in my 44 years down here, I've never had a southern dish with curry in it. I don't know where they serve that Country Captain dish, but they don't serve it in New Orleans.
That shit looked nasty.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, May 12, 2020 - 10:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I was really thrown by the decisions Kevin made. I agree with the judges that the look of the restaurant and menu didn't fit the concept he presented. Also not wise to do so many dishes. He wanted to go big or go home... and he went home. Oops.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, May 13, 2020 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Sounded odd to me as well... as someone who was born/raised/lives in the Rocky Mountain high mountain desert it was not at all identifiable as what I think of as Southern food.

Found this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Country_Captain

learn something new every day. :-)

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Wednesday, May 13, 2020 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
Maybe the chefs on Kevin's team didn't speak up was because Kevin and Gregory won the challenge to bring their vision to life. They were respecting his concept.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, May 13, 2020 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
That is a very good point, Sunnyday. Each of them had such an emotional story attached to their concept.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, May 13, 2020 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
So Country Captain is more popular on the east coast - in the Carolinas area. I know we don't eat that nasty crap on the Gulf Coast (but like I said Indian food is not that popular down here).

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, June 05, 2020 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I don't know if anyone is still watching this but I think the finale will be Melissa v. Brian Voltaggio

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, June 05, 2020 - 9:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Kevin still is strong in the eliminations , I think the white truffle problem is that they are not easily available in the US due to quick deterioration and the fact that white truffles goes for over 2K a pound. It seems like they were very different to work with than regular truffles.

Looking at one site that has them for sale, the small truffles were going for 5K an oz and the larger ones were 2K 1/2 pound, I am sure the price varies,since this was for the public, it probably over charges. they say to shave over the dish just before serving (with a truffle shaver) to get the best flavor. no cooking.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Saturday, June 06, 2020 - 4:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I think the "no cooking" is the paramount issue. My truffle experience is limited to black truffle and mushroom risotto. It is indeed delicious, but not all that much "bang for MY buck" as other delicacies!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, June 07, 2020 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I hope Melissa takes it!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, June 08, 2020 - 7:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I like both Melissa and Bryan so I will be happy if either of them win!

Marej

09-19-2002

Friday, November 13, 2020 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marej a private message Print Post    
Top Chef Amateurs coming next year on Bravo.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Monday, November 16, 2020 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
OMG, I would love to be a Top Chef Amateur!

Pschrfhd

05-22-2011

Thursday, April 01, 2021 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pschrfhd a private message Print Post    
I just saw that a new season of Top Chef is starting tonight on Bravo at 7:00 CDT, repeated at 9:15 CDT.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, April 01, 2021 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
It’s in Portland, finally.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, July 02, 2021 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Sorry to be negative. I think the chefs did not throw each other under the bus enough.

I have been carrying a grudge against Dawn after her selfishness in restaurant wars. She could not decide on what she would make until thr last minute, they could not write the menu until the last minute. They could not sample her food. One of the reasons they eliminated Sarah was that her dish was bad to follow Dawn's. Where Sarah picked her dish day one. Of course there were many other problems with th restaurant.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Friday, July 02, 2021 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Well this isnt good..and amazing this news didn’t break until after the finale had aired…

https://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2021/07/top-chef-portland-winner-fired-relationship-employee/

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, July 03, 2021 - 6:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I was a Shota fan all the way.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, July 03, 2021 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I only saw it a couple of times. Shota was the big standout for me too.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, July 04, 2021 - 3:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Sadiesmom, I was never a fan of Dawn's and I was pissed off when Sarah (who I thought would make F3) was eliminated. I honestly don't remember the last time a chef who had time management problems like Dawn made it to the F3. She couldn't get all her food on the plate in the finale and it was a "cold" plate.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, July 04, 2021 - 3:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Holy moly... I just read that article. Isn't Gabe married with children? (I was also a Shota fan but I didn't have a problem with Gabe winning as his food was also consistent).

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, July 07, 2021 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Lexie, I had the same issue with Dawn...

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: