TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 25, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dancing with the Stars Season 28: Archive through November 25, 2019 users admin

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, November 18, 2019 - 9:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I thought Emma was going to cry when they critiqued James after the first dance. She ended up biting her lip at the end. James was pure class all the way.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, November 18, 2019 - 9:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Either Kel & Witney or Lauren & Gleb for the mirrorball.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 - 1:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They have been pushing Ali all season. Sigh.

I have enjoyed James all the way.

All that angst at the end was silly. There was no doubt who they would keep.

They let her take time early in the show to repeat how she had been dissed for her dancing in the past but James got no time after his first dance to explain his bad week.

And we had to hear Hannah bash whats his name, again.

Oh well.

So sad for James and his family. They were so excited for this baby.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 - 7:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I felt so bad for James. I’ve enjoyed him on the show.

I think it’s time for the judges to let Ally go. Just an all around disappointing season.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I was disappointed the judges kept Ally, rather than James, but she did get better scores last night and I think they are trying to judge on dancing. Whenever I look at her, though, all I can see is lipstick all over her face. She tries to exaggerate her lips by overpainting the lipstick, and it is not attractive.

Though I felt bad for James, I told hubby it's better for him to go home and be with his family right now. His family is more important than this show.

What an emotional show! Everybody was in tears. Even Len was speechless at the end, and I've never seen Len speechless! All the judges, both hosts and all the contestants were in tears after James and Emma's dance. Wow.

PS. Kooklie, your above link doesn't work.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Babyjax, not sure what to do. The link just worked for me.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They gave her better scores and James bad ones.. They engineered this!

I was unhappy with the redemption choreography for James. Len was very clear that he did not appreciate all the tricks the first time and Emma put most of them in again!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
When I was watching James's redemption dance, all I could think of was it was like a musical theatre production. I wondered about the tricks too.

I was wondering if the judges knew after the first dance that James's wife had a miscarriage. If they did, I thought they were rather harsh with him. Emma was so emotional listening to him.

What I learned about James VB this season is that he is truly one of those 'good guys' in the world, not so far from his character on Dawson's Creek. He took all criticism with an open mind, trying to improve. When he picked up his crying daughter at the end, my heart melted. At that moment, he was a just a dad trying to console his little girl. I hope this jumpstarts his career into something amazing because, IMO, he is so very talented and deserves the best that life can offer.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Kookliebird, I fixed the link when Babyjaxmom mentioned it wasn't working. :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Of course they knew. They do a full rehearsal. Tom indicated that James would talk to Erin about the sad week, so it was not mentioned, then, at least on the West coast, there was no talk with Erin, so it came out in the prerecorded video.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    

quote:

Whenever I look at her, though, all I can see is lipstick all over her face. She tries to exaggerate her lips by overpainting the lipstick, and it is not attractive.

Agree, Bjm. Ally's face is all mouth.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Who came up with the costume for Gleb during the Viennese Waltz? It was distracting. As Tom said it looked like he lost a fight in a paint store.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Thanks Jimmer... thought I was going crazy there for a second.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Furious that not even one judge threw James a vote.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Color, yes, that costume was distracting, as was the one where the male cancer had all those flowers to match the female..

Wardrobe ran a tad bit amock

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Kel for the win. too bad I can't vote as I'm in the wrong time zone!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Not that excited by Kel but better than Ally or Hannah. I think at this point, Lauren, but then I also live in the shunned area. 😱

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 - 9:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
The floral costume was Kel & Witney.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 - 10:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Ah.. Well it was... certainly iterestig!

Roblover

05-17-2011

Monday, November 25, 2019 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Did I just miss something or was that one lift with Ally messed up at the end? Looked like Sasha dropped her....still judges gave her all 10s. I just voted...all my votes to Lauren.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, November 25, 2019 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Hannah is back on the Bachelor???

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Monday, November 25, 2019 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Can we say FIXED???? Really Hannah?

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Monday, November 25, 2019 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Not too shocked at the winner, a bit shocked at the order....Kel beat Ally?

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, November 25, 2019 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I am soooooooo mad!!
Really, Hannah won or should we say, she was given the honor, she didn’t win it. I agree misspoufy. UGH

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Monday, November 25, 2019 - 9:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I voted tonight for the first time this season and split my votes between Hannah and Lauren. Was disappointed Lauren placed fourth, but not with Hannah winning.
I thought Sasha nearly dropped Ally a couple times during their freestyle and at times thought their dancing was awkward and out of synd. Was surprised they were given all 10s.
Kel came a long way in the past few weeks, but I didn't think his freestyle had as much content as the women's.