TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 06, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dancing with the Stars Season 28: Archive through November 06, 2019 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, November 05, 2019 - 1:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://www.etonline.com/dwts-carrie-ann-inaba-explains-her-frustration-over-sean-spicer-being-safe-calls-out-voters-135649

Chieko

11-20-2003

Tuesday, November 05, 2019 - 6:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Unless he is being political politics shouldn't be brought into an entertainment show.

But he is being political now, isn't he? The only reason you know of him is because he is a political figure that is using his political party's base to keep winning.

Everything Kitt said!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, November 05, 2019 - 7:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
And suddenly the popular vote is a bad thing.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, November 05, 2019 - 7:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
If people are voting because they enjoy the show and like someone then that’s great. However, if they are doing it to get pleasure from making other people miserable, then that’s just mean.

But I trust there is still permission to watch all the dancing, be in pain over the results and express that here?

Of course. There are people who have said they will no longer be watching and I was just wishing them well. I’m sorry if I seemed to imply that anyone should leave. Not my intention.

Thanks for reminding me about the banner, Kitt. I always appreciate when someone does that. I’ll update it when I’m back at my computer. :-)

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Tuesday, November 05, 2019 - 8:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
I have to think he’s gone next week- the points differential will eventually be enough to get him in bottom 2, and no way the judges save him.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Tuesday, November 05, 2019 - 8:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I watch the show, but I don't vote for anyone, though I do have favorites.
Sean is not a good dancer at all, as is reflected in his scored from the judges. However, I thought the behavior of the judges was out of line, mean and bullying towards Sean last night.
They kept talking about others working hard, how they deserved to be there, etc. and generally saying very hurtful things. I can see why that alone would drive people to vote for Sean and if I cared to vote at all, I may have voted for him. No one deserves to be treated that way, and regardless of his lack of talent as a dancer, he is working just as hard as everyone else and deserves to be treated with the same level of respect.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, November 05, 2019 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
TPTB at DWTS have no one to blame but Tom Bergeron for Sean still being in the competition. Had Tom not opened his mouth on Twitter before the show started about Sean being cast on the show, Sean probably would have been gone in a couple of weeks.

Tom made some disgusting comments about Sean over a job he had for only seven months well over two years ago and Tom pissed off #MAGA and now they are punishing him for it. Yet Tom had no problem with Lamar Odom who went on a three-day cocaine-fueled rampage in a Nevada brothel before slipping into a coma, all the while still legally married to Khloe Kardashian.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, November 05, 2019 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Exactly Lexi. I lost respect for Tom. You’d think he could keep his politics out of his job. I voted for Sean one night in the beginning bc he made me smile with his enthusiasm, but I won’t vote for him again. He looked worried or if he was holding back when they announced he was safe last night.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, November 05, 2019 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
You can best believe TPTB told Tom to shut his flapper on Twitter regarding whoever is on the next new cast.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, November 05, 2019 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Oh hogwash. When you have the President of the United States tweeting to his followers to vote for Sean, they do it. It had nothing to do with Tom.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, November 05, 2019 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm sure that the show producers were well aware that Sean would be a polarizing and controversial contestant and that's why they put him in the cast. They aren't naive.

If you recall, the same thing happened with Bristol Palin and others. There's no surprise here.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, November 05, 2019 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
No, not the same. The President of the United States did not tell his twitter followers to vote for them.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, November 05, 2019 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I think I'm going to vote for Spicer because I'm certain he wants to be voted out and not have to do those gruelling practices anymore. You know Trump won't let him quit.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Tuesday, November 05, 2019 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
lol

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, November 05, 2019 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
It has nothing to do with the President, Naja. Don't be ridiculous. All the conservative blue checks are asking their followers to vote for Sean.

Grooch, I'm pretty sure that Trump has never watched an episode of DWTS and probably hasn't talked to Spicer in 2 1/2 years. If Spicey wants to quit, he can. And, FYI... Trump was having a MAGA rally last night in Kentucky when DWTS was on. So if a tweet came from his account, it was from his communications department - not him.

Y'all really don't get it - do y'all? This has nothing to do with POTUS. And the fact that y'all think this has to do with POTUS is exactly why you don't get why he's still in the competition. It has nothing to do with POTUS and everything to do with Tom Bergeron being a pompous ass on Twitter and inflaming conservatives - especially since he had nothing to say about Lamar Odom, Tonya Harding, Ryan Lochte or others looking for their "redemption" story on DWTS. Instead, he chooses to attack someone for a job he had for seven months back in 2017. That is why MAGA is voting for Sean.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, November 05, 2019 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I imagine it's a combination of things as usual. Some people just like him, some are angry with Bergeron, some are angry at the judges telling them what to do and how to vote, some are listening to Trump, etc.

Bottom line is this is how the show was setup. There is a popular vote by non-experts who vote for a variety of reasons and not always for the best dancer.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Tuesday, November 05, 2019 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
FYI- here's the judge vote % this week (including all the bonus points, the judges gave out 193 points- the % total may not add up to 100% exactly because of rounding)

James- 32/193: 16.58%
Hannah- 31/193: 16.06%
Kel- 30/193: 15.54%
Ally- 30/193: 15.54%
Kate- 26/193: 13.47%
Lauren- 24/193: 12.43%
Sean- 20/193: 10.36%

Now since Ally and Kate were bottom 2, that means both Lauren and Sean had higher audience numbers than Ally did (since if they beat Ally, they beat Kate)- in Lauren's case she had to have at least 3.11% more of the audience vote than Ally did, in Sean's case 5.18% more.

In a 7-way split? It's close, but still reasonable- and notice Kel wasn't in bottom 2 even having the same judge score as Ally. So he had to have had a higher vote share than Ally had- and he could have been behind Kate's share by as much as 2.07% and been safe.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, November 05, 2019 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I believe that even if Tom Bergeron had kept his mouth shut and never tweeted anything, the same exact thing would be happening with the voting.

And I'm still going to vote for Spicer. :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, November 05, 2019 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Before or after he dances? Silly me, the dancing is irrelevant.

Maybe if I am home early enough on Monday I will vote for Lauren, before the show airs here, since voting closes and someone is sent home before the show airs here.

I didn't think the judges were bullying Sean, but we're feeling terrible for Kate and Lauren.

They gave Sean 7s, which says to me they didn't score him low.

Trump only tweeted once, I am told, but others have taken up the cause.

And to add to Jimmer's list of angry votes, a bigger issue seems to be that "Hollywood" or L.A., or California are deemed as liberal and unworthy of having or expressing opinions (nevermind that none of those groups are homogeneous groups with single opinions).

But in Twitter there are lots of posts expressing that one should vote for Sean to get back at liberals.

There were some really good performances!

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, November 05, 2019 - 3:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, Trump tweeted last night during the east coast show. A supposed 66 million followers. I'm sure a very good amount are real accounts.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1191537655592431616

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, November 05, 2019 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oops.. I don't follow him and did not realize he had tweeted again. Sigh.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Tuesday, November 05, 2019 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
WHO CARES if President Trump tweeted or didn't tweet his support of Sean Spicer last night or any night? You don't think there are others out there who have tweeted, Facebooked, Instagramed and otherwise drummed up support for their friends, teammates, etc over the seasons?

The problem isn't that someone is asking for support it's that the president people hate is showing support. It wouldn't matter to people if the judges were giving him all 10's people would still hate the president enough to want Sean Spicer gone.

Are people who don't watch the show voting? Probably, just as people who didn't watch the show voted last season for Bobby Bones who won the show over the much better dancer Juan Pablo Di Pace. The Bachelorette’s Grocery Store Joe, made it to the semifinals. Chicago Cubs catcher David Ross certainly got the support of Cubs fans and made it second place in Season 24. Bristol Palin’s made it to third place in Season 11.

Fact is DWTW is a popularity contest. He or she with the largest fan base goes further. In spite of the angst of the judges and hearing over and over of their disappointment at having to eliminate a "better dancer" (who will be eliminated in the next week anyway) the fan vote counts.

I'll bet next week those judge 7's for Sean Spicer are 3's or 4's.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, November 05, 2019 - 7:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Snoop, I agree, it's not Sean's fault he is still there and the judges were rude. I felt bad for him.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, November 05, 2019 - 7:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
we also need to remember lots vote for the dancing star they like and Lindsay is pretty popular, probably more so than the newbie guys

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, November 06, 2019 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Plus Sean has been an appealing contestant on the show. He appears cheerful, cooperative, interacts well with everyone, seems to be enjoying the experience and is trying hard. He’s easy to like (on the show) which makes anyone who was inclined to vote for him, more likely to vote for him.